“Lovely hotel - clean, classy, friendly staff, nice grounds” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa

Ranked #31 of 132 Hotels in Karon
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely hotel - clean, classy, friendly staff, nice grounds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Phuket Resort in August 2012 and I loved it! The hotel is about one hour from the airport. The Hotel is lovely; it is very very big and has lovely grounds which are well maintained. I am a Hilton Honours member so I was checked in at a separate desk which is reserved for Hilton Honors guests, that was a nice touch. I was given a welcome drink and towel. Since the hotel is very big you get shuttled around to different areas if you do not wish to walk. The hotel is clean and the staff members were nice, friendly, welcoming and efficient. Housekeeping did a great job each day.

I stayed in a Deluxe Plus room in the Andaman B tower, those rooms were apparently renovated in 2011 and my room was great. The bathroom was excellent, it had a both a tub and a stand alone shower. I had a large corner room with a balcony facing the sea which was nice. The balcony had a cosy day bed for relaxing. I was travelling solo and felt very safe at all times. The room was clean and has international plugs for those who will need them. The hotel has several swimming pools which was good for variety. There were plenty of sun loungers since it was low season and the weather was good 80% of the time, it only rained a few times.

As previous reviews have stated, Hilton Phuket has been around for years so it’s not exactly new. I concluded that that they maintained it really well for an ‘old’ hotel, I absolutely loved it. I ate room service once and it was delicious. Karon Beach is across the road from Hilton and there is a guard who assists with crossing. The road wasn’t even busy since it was low season. The beach is nice and clean and was not crowded at all. The beach is not exclusive to the Hotel, it’s a public beach.

I’d heard about the Thailand taxi mafia before I arrived. I used the taxis which are located right outside the hotel on your way to the beach and the drivers were actually very nice and polite, it’s safe to say I did not witness their so-called confrontational/violent tendencies. I was charged 350 baht to go to Patong after negotiating it down from 400 baht, it’s about a 10-15 minute ride.

I had done my research before I arrived and knew that there were restaurants and shops within walking distance to Hilton (you can Google-map it with street view!). If you are facing the beach area by the main road, turn right and walk for about 3 to 5 minutes and you will come across the Old Phuket precent which has several restaurants which sell reasonably priced delicious food. There are also some shops, spas, money exchange, a mini mart for groceries and tailor shops. If you keep walking further down the main road you will come across a large flea market which has so many stalls selling clothes, bags, artwork, jewellery etc.

The one downfall I have to say is that the hotel did not have free wireless internet in the lobby like most nowadays hotels do; I personally think that should be standard with all hotels seriously. Apart from that I loved staying at the hotel, it was great, I highly recommend it. Do not hesitate to book there; you will enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: If you can, opt to pay more for the renovated "Plus" rooms. Since hotel is big, if you hav...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Chelsea R
HiltonPhuketArcadia, Director of Operations at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us through TripAdvisor.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed staying at our resort. It is a great pleasure to read your positive comments on about our surrounding environment, room, facilities, and warm hospitality of our team members.

In regards to the room's condition, we have conducted a refurbishment program as you mentioned. More than one third of our rooms have been completed, including rooms at Andaman Wings A and B. Our refurbishments aim to enhance guest experience. Our maintenance team has planned an extensive maintenance program in building D to keep them at good conditions.

As you outlined, our resort is located on the beautiful public Karon Beach, located on the road across from the resort. Our resort sits along a convenient beach road with easy access to local shops and restaurants.

In regards to free wireless Internet access, we appreciate your comment as we will start offering free Internet at the lobby by December 2012.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa in the near future.

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Batroun, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

Located by karon beach, a perfect hotel with extremely clean and big spacious rooms and bathrooms.
By taxi its a 10 mins ride from patong street and 2 mins ride from karon street.
The service and staff are adorable, helpful, always smiling and ready to help with anything at any time.
Breakfast takes place at two restaurants so you get to choose whichever is nearer to your room.
Don't hesitate to book rooms at this amazing hotel :)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank leopolddaher
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our resort's location, the cleanliness of the room, and especially the helpfulness of our staff. It is always gratifying for the whole team to receive these positive comments.

As you outlined, there are two restaurants where we offer buffet breakfast: Sails and Buon Appetito. Sails Restaurant is close to A, B, C, and D buildings. Buon Appetito Restaurant is close to E, F, and G buildings.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa in the near future.

Byblos, Lebanon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

Considering that the humidity is everywhere in phuket,
It s a 20 minute ride from the city center ( patong )
This is a great hotel with spacious rooms, fair price, great breakast, swimming pools, great service, adorable green spaces,
I insist on the excellent service,
You won t wait for the shuttle for more than 5 mn
I fell in love with this hotel

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rolandawad
Dear Guest,

It is our pleasure to be rated as a great hotel. We appreciate your positive comments on many aspects of your stay, especially the service. I have shared your comments with our team. Please trust that your feedback will be a great motivation to our team. Our team members are always gratified to receive these comments.

Thank you again for your positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa.

Detroit, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed for only a few days and a great time. It's true that this resort is large and may not feel as authentic as some of the other local hotels. If you are able to make use of the executive lounge, definitely do it. You have unlimited bottled water and you can eat breakfast in peace. We were there during low season and the breakfast in the main restaurant was way too busy. The lounge has a similar breakfast but only a couple of people eating.

The gym is pretty good.

There are scooter rentals right outside the resort by the beach, that's easier than on the main street.

I'm not sure about the other reviews claiming the place is dated and stale, I found our room quite lovely and not outdated at all.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Farrell2009
Dear Guest,

It is a great pleasure to welcome you as our loyal Hilton HHonors member. We are glad to know that you had a great time with us. We appreciate your positive comments on the room, gym, and the service at our Panorama Lounge. Due to concerns of overcapacity, our resort doesn’t have an executive lounge, as the Panorama lounge is limited to HHonors Gold and Diamond members. Guests who book the Suite also have access to the lounge.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback. Your comments help us in assessing our services. We hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa in the near future.

Horsham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

Although the hotel is large it manages, largely as a result of such lovely, friendly staff, to feel intimate and welcoming. We had the Garden View room, which I believe is one of the smallest, but even with a spare bed in for our daughter it was still roomy and most important very clean. The breakfast buffet selection was huge and varied enough to suit everyone. My only negative comment about this was one in general about buffet breakfast: I wish people would only load their plates with food they intend to eat ............I hate food waste :(.
The other restaurants in the hotel provide a good selection for dinner, although there are many good restaurants within walking distance from the hotel itself.
The gym (I know, I cant believe I went either!!) was well equipped and the staff helpful. The pools were clean and beautifully set within the hotel grounds.
I have to mention the staff again as we found them so friendly. Nothing was too much trouble.
All in all a definite 5 star experience and one we would love to repeat SOON !! The only reason I only gave four stars for the sleep quality was that on our last two evenings, the room next door was home to the noisiest family in the world. I'm not sure they were aware there were other people staying in the hotel !!!!!! The Spa we didn't visit so I can't comment.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Wanda001
HiltonPhuketArcadia, Director of Operations at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Dear Guest,

It is a great pleasure to know that you had an excellent family holiday with us. We appreciate your positive comments, especially our team’s friendly hospitality. I’ve passed your comments to our team as their great motivation to continue delivering Hilton hospitality with warm heart. It is always very gratifying for the whole team to receive positive feedback. We pride ourselves in delivering exceptional service to all guests.

In regards to The Spa, we recommend you book a session with our professional spa therapists for a relaxing experience at a private Thai-style villa.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback. It serves as great motivation to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back again to our resort in the near future.