I stayed at the Hilton Phuket Resort in August 2012 and I loved it! The hotel is about one hour from the airport. The Hotel is lovely; it is very very big and has lovely grounds which are well maintained. I am a Hilton Honours member so I was checked in at a separate desk which is reserved for Hilton Honors guests, that was a nice touch. I was given a welcome drink and towel. Since the hotel is very big you get shuttled around to different areas if you do not wish to walk. The hotel is clean and the staff members were nice, friendly, welcoming and efficient. Housekeeping did a great job each day.
I stayed in a Deluxe Plus room in the Andaman B tower, those rooms were apparently renovated in 2011 and my room was great. The bathroom was excellent, it had a both a tub and a stand alone shower. I had a large corner room with a balcony facing the sea which was nice. The balcony had a cosy day bed for relaxing. I was travelling solo and felt very safe at all times. The room was clean and has international plugs for those who will need them. The hotel has several swimming pools which was good for variety. There were plenty of sun loungers since it was low season and the weather was good 80% of the time, it only rained a few times.
As previous reviews have stated, Hilton Phuket has been around for years so it’s not exactly new. I concluded that that they maintained it really well for an ‘old’ hotel, I absolutely loved it. I ate room service once and it was delicious. Karon Beach is across the road from Hilton and there is a guard who assists with crossing. The road wasn’t even busy since it was low season. The beach is nice and clean and was not crowded at all. The beach is not exclusive to the Hotel, it’s a public beach.
I’d heard about the Thailand taxi mafia before I arrived. I used the taxis which are located right outside the hotel on your way to the beach and the drivers were actually very nice and polite, it’s safe to say I did not witness their so-called confrontational/violent tendencies. I was charged 350 baht to go to Patong after negotiating it down from 400 baht, it’s about a 10-15 minute ride.
I had done my research before I arrived and knew that there were restaurants and shops within walking distance to Hilton (you can Google-map it with street view!). If you are facing the beach area by the main road, turn right and walk for about 3 to 5 minutes and you will come across the Old Phuket precent which has several restaurants which sell reasonably priced delicious food. There are also some shops, spas, money exchange, a mini mart for groceries and tailor shops. If you keep walking further down the main road you will come across a large flea market which has so many stalls selling clothes, bags, artwork, jewellery etc.
The one downfall I have to say is that the hotel did not have free wireless internet in the lobby like most nowadays hotels do; I personally think that should be standard with all hotels seriously. Apart from that I loved staying at the hotel, it was great, I highly recommend it. Do not hesitate to book there; you will enjoy your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on the island’s west coast and offers a range of fun and relaxation options for parents and children alike. The resort sprawls over 75-acres landscaped gardens, right on the golden sands of Karon Beach. The resort is conveniently located to four world-class golf courses, elephant riding, scuba diving, ancient golden temples and an abundance of shopping areas. It is the place that you’d rather be with your family for next holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hilton EMEA, Prestigia and Ostrovok so you can book your Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort And Spa
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Hotel Karon
- Phuket Hilton
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa Karon