23 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$401
Travelocity$401
Trip.com$416
4,257 results
All reviews le meridien private beach driving range huge pool tennis courts thai restaurant table tennis beach bar patong area kids club junior suite f b pool view phi phi low season phuket pools
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 April 2019

Stayed here for 3 nights and can highly recommend it. The location right on the beach is excellent, there are several restaurants onsite where you can eat so you don't have to go outside at all, which is great if you're with small kids or your time is limited. The place is huge, so you can have a walk about without have to leave the resort, there are countless facilities including a kids club and there are scheduled activities throughout the day. Didn't even have time to try them all. It has one of the largest resort pools I've seen and the staff is so friendly. The only thing is that it's an old resort but it's been well kept, although the rooms aren't particularly modern. And the food is really quite pricey for what you get, although most clientele staying there doesn't seem to care anyway. Overall it was a wonderful experience, I normally wouldn't stay at the same place twice but would be happy to make an exception for this one!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank A-Farang
Reviewed 26 April 2019

Stayed at Le Meridien for 3N with my wife & daughter and my overall experience was pretty good. I would like to list down some of the things that I liked the most:
- Neat & clean rooms, well stocked with snacks and drinks. Safety locker
- Amazing view of Sea and pool
- Helpful and friendly staff
- Good food, breakfast buffet available till 12 noon.
- Private beach
- Nice swimming pool(s)
- Easy transfers and transportation
- Perfect location in Phuket, close proximity to Patong beach and nearby areas.

Only thing I found missing was tea bags and coffee sachet in the rooms.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Vineet_Malhotra
Reviewed 25 April 2019

I recently enjoyed a 3 week stay at the Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort. This is possibly my 25th visit to the hotel that I have been vacationing in every summer since I was a young child. I have moved my annual conference/retreat to Phuket in recent years and this resort has been a superb host. I must say that every year there is great improvements in this legendary hotel in Phuket.

Firstly, the room was wonderfully set up with various welcome gifts and a complimentary fruit basket daily delivered. The bed is the most comfortable I have ever experienced in a hotel. The housekeeping is superb, diligent and meticulous.

This year the food was a huge step up in every way: more options, more fresh fruits and vegetables, foods ranging from Italian to Thai to Japanese to Asian to Arabic to International all within the hotels many eateries. There is also a new vegetarian/vegan menu that I greatly appreciated.

One specific experience I am very thankful for is the daily customization of my pasta. I like Gluten-free penne with pesto sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, olives and artichoke. I remember that the head chef himself, Chef (Xavier) came out to take my order personally and ensure that my lunch was as delicious as it came out. This was my first experience at a hotel anywhere where the head chef came out to take my order.

Furthermore, I had heard about their award winning vegetarian burger which won the 1st prize in a Phuket burger competition and I was intrigued to try the vegetarian burger that took first place over meat burgers. Though it was not launched on the menu yet, Chef (Xavier) kindly agreed to make both me and my mother the delicious award winning burger (pictured below).

Aside from the food, the service at Le Meridien is truly remarkable. I have yet to experienced quality of service like one does in Thailand generally, and Le Meridien is second to none. I have only experienced service close to that level in Dubai hotels. Due to my work schedule I could not leave the hotel much and the staff at Portofino (both breakfast & dinner) as well as the staff at the beach front outlets became a sort of second family to me. I was especially pleased to be served by (Kung), who also served me for breakfast 20 years ago when I came with my parents.

Our Corporate Event itself was a huge success this year, and it was the easiest annual one for my team to plan and hold. I am almost certain that the arrival of the diligent, professional and highly intelligent Khun (Namtip), assistant director of sales and marketing, had a lot to do with it. She ensured that our every requirement was diligently met and was even there to welcome me to the hotel upon check in.

The star of the whole visit and accompanying event was undeniably Khun (Gink) our personal events specialist. She worked tirelessly, even on her days off, with me to ensure that our whole group received everything they needed and that all check-ins, check-outs, airport transports, meeting rooms bookings and special events went by as smoothly as possible. I will gladly look forward to working with her in the near future.

The Le Meridien Spa is the best Spa I have enjoyed (aside from Dubai's Spas) during my travels. I truly enjoyed their varied treatment packages and options and would especially recommend their scrubs and wraps. The organic Asian and Thai products, oils and soaps they had were truly amazing but not very well-stocked. I could only purchase 5 soap bars I was interested in.

I must also thank the hotel recreation team for volunteering their time for our charity event for young children in Phuket and the banquets team -especially my friend Tee- for their tireless efforts.

Finally, the shows, dancers and fireworks were superb as they celebrated the Songkran this year.

On my last few days I received a wonderful local organic gift from the General Manager, Julian Lowry, who does a superb job as captain of this well-oiled machine of a resort -all whilst maintaining an excellent sense of humor as any chat with him is one to be remembered.

As such, I would like to thank Julian and the whole team for giving me, my employees and students an unforgettable retreat experience at their luxury haven on Karon Beach. I am deeply grateful for and highly appreciative of Le Meridien. Although I was not very happy with the Marriott Bonvoy membership rule changes this past year, them having the Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort as part of their family makes having the titanium membership level worth it.

Room tip: Junior Suites are wonderful. If you will go for a deluxe room choose a high floor for a better view.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank waleedhashim
Reviewed 22 April 2019 via mobile

We stayed for 7 nights. Resort needs upgrade it is very dated. Hallways are smelly with dampness. Staff really need to update their language skills. I understand that english is not first language, but hardly anyone coulld understand or speak english. I found this incredibly annoying especially it being an international hotel. Restaurant staff annoying. Italian and japanese restsurant must have asked me five times during my meal is everything ok? They just dont leaveyou alone and tend to hover over you. There is a thing such as over pleasing. I probably wont return just not up to scratch.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Trish B
Julian_Lowry, General Manager at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2019

Dear ‘Trish B’

Thank you for your feedback. I regret that you left with a negative impression of the resort. Rest assured that we are committed to continually improve our rooms, facilities, and staff. We have a comprehensive training programme and goals to reach. This includes task performance and language skills that each associate needs to achieve. We will review these particularly associates who interact with guests. I hope you will consider staying at Le Meridien Phuket should your travels bring you back to Phuket. I am confident that we can provide you with a far better experience. Thank you for staying at Le Meridien Phuket.

Reviewed 22 April 2019 via mobile

This hotel is amazing such a great piece of paradise ! I have been staying here for many years and the rooms and service and the people at the hotel make it always a memorable experience and getaway. Highly recommend this hotel

Date of stay: August 2018