3,527 results
All reviewsbaby elephantprivate beachdriving rangepatong beachhuge poolthai restauranttuk tuktennis courtsbeach barclean beachkids clubhotel gueststable tennisjunior suitepool viewbreakfast buffet isshuttle bus
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

I went to thailand and stayed at le meridien phuket for two nights and at centara grand beach resort for two nights but i got very good indian food at the pakarang restaurant of le meridien as i was worried for indian food .the indian chef raju there at le meridien was a awesome guy who gave us very good indian snacks and main course . He is a nice person and gave us some indian feel

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Let me start out by saying I haven't stayed here (yet) but have been going through the most nightmarish experience trying to book a stay at this place.
I booked my hotel directly through the Starwood Hotels website, so no third party booking sites. I pre-paid for my entire stay. I booked my stay on a Friday. By Monday my card still hadn't been charged so I called asking what was taking so long & I got an email saying they would charge my card on Wednesday. Wednesday morning I wake up to an email from my bank saying they had declined my transaction b/c they thought the charge was fraudulent.
So I called the hotel and asked if they could charge my card ASAP in case there were any further difficulties with my bank I could resolve them on the spot. I was transferred about 10 different times until some woman told me to calling the hotel's billing department. So I called their billing department but it was 10PM their time so of course the billing department was closed. Why would you transfer me to a department you know is closed???
Anyways, I waited until 10PM my time (which is hugely annoying, being that I have to make these phone calls late at night.) I called the billing department and spoke to two different people. Both these individuals were extremely rude and acted as though my card had been declined because of insufficient funds (which I repeatedly explained was not true, it was due to my bank's fraud protection.) They honestly made me feel bad for even verifying the amount the card would be charged for, as though I was verifying the amount because I couldn't afford the hotel. Anyways, they told me they would charge my card that day (I asked if they could just charge my card on the spot but they declined.) I wake up the next morning to find that not only has my card not been charged, but to an email from this hotel stating that I need to provide them with a different card or else my stay will be cancelled, even though I had just called telling them it was OK to use the same card. They hadn't even tried to charge my card a second time even though the rude person in billing told me they would.
I even called the Starwood Hotels help line. The person I spoke to was extremely helpful but couldn't get in touch with the manager of the hotel but assured me I would be hearing from someone in 5 days time. WTF???
So my card still hasn't been charged, and all I want to do is my pay for my stay. What really bothers me, however, is the rudeness of the hotel staff and the people in billing because they genuinely acted as though the reason my card was declined was due to insufficient funds. They were extraordinaly rude and snotty and then when I told them to charge my card a second time, apparently they couldn't even do that. I am honestly thinking of cancelling my stay at this place. I was really excited to stay here but now I just feel angry and disappointed.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Christine S
Julian_Lowry, General Manager at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Dear ‘Christine S’

I regret to learn of this inconvenience and the disappointment it has caused. This is certainly not how we want guests to begin their experience of the Resort before their actual stay. I understand that you have shared these comments through our guest service center. We are looking into this and will do our utmost to resolve. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Landscaping and horticulture of the hotel was too good to be commented on. Try out their succulent grills from the restaurant at the beach side. Thoroughly enjoyed the stay, though the rooms were relatively smaller compared to
Other resort hotels. There was an initial hiccup of Service on our arrival and time of check in, but the staff was very keen on resolving the issue and made us feel WOW!! Will be definitely back for the amazing food , wonderful staff and most importantly stunning Private BEACH !!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 800ashishu
Reviewed 5 December 2017

Le Meridien Karon beach is a beautiful hotel sitting on its own private beach, just North of the main Karon beach. We had a wonderful stay, the staff is super friendly and professional, and the grounds are in fantastic shape. We stayed on points so cannot comment on the room rates. The food was wonderful, but I must say that while Thailand in general is quite inexpensive, Le Meriden Karon is on the pricy side. A burger or cocktail is about $10. Sushi in the Japanese restaurant is the priciest. $10 for two pieces of nigiri.

Room Tip: Pool/beach view rooms better than forest view rooms
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DieselRocker
Reviewed 4 December 2017

We have been absolutely spoiled by MIA at the Breakfast buffet every day. Mia served us with her gorgeous smile, she took the time to make sure we had THE BEST TABLE every day, and made us feel like VIP's. I was impressed to learn that Mia had also taken the time to inform her staff about our desired table near the pool on her days off, every staff member was super - but Mia went above and beyond - Thank you Mia for making our stay here FANTASTIC. We will miss you ! Adrienne Room 444 Nov 27 - Dec 4

Room Tip: Ocean View Rooms are spectacular - gorgeous sunset
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple