We have just spent 6 fantastic days at this hotel. We were a little concerned prior to arriving as there are some bad reviews, but now we can see that these are simply people being petty and having far too high expectations.
The hotel is amazing, yes it's a little old but it is well maintained and remains just beautiful. The service is great everywhere, could not fault this. It's good to see the GM around the resort so much too, speaking to guests and makin sure everything is running smoothly. Obviously they take on board feed back. The beach is incredible, crystal clear water - probably the best beach I have seen. There's always plenty of sun beds available and doesn't feel crowded. Same goes for the pool areas - beautiful, clean and so huge you feel like you have half the pool to yourself.
The food is great, the buffet breakfasts had everything you could want. The other restaurants in the hotel are great too, they might seem slightly pricey but never ended up costing us much more than dinners in Patong and were always worth the extra.
We just stayed in a garden view rooms as we never spend much time in there. These were great value for money, a good size and beautifully decorated. The room was cleaned better each day than I have had in most other hotels, and we are big travelers. Being an SPG member gave us the benefit of a newly renovated room on level 5 which is for members only and additional free bottled water through the day which was good.
The only downside to the hotel is that you have to pay to get into Patong, but there is nowhere on the website that talks about a free shuttle so you shouldn't expect it even though a free one would be great. It's your own choice to stay out of town, one that we were very happy with as the quietness and wonderful beach outweighs the small costs for getting into town when you want to.
Overall, we just loved it and recommend it highly. We will be back next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is located on a lush cove on Phuket’s southwestern coast with a secluded 500-metre pristine white-sand beach. One of very few hotels on Phuket where guests can enjoy a tranquil secluded beach right next to the hotel without the need to cross a street or walk some distance. Le Meridien Phuket Beach offers 470 renovated rooms and suites. Enjoy a complete range of sports and recreational facilities with two oversized tropical swimming pools, shaded kids pool, lap pool, 6 tennis courts, 2 air-conditioned squash courts, 9-hole mini-golf, basketball court, and a dedicated on-site LM Family Kids Club (04-12 yrs) offering fun, creative, and educational programmes. All non-motorised watersports at the Resort are free for guests. Le Spa, awarded 'Amazing Resort Spa' at the 2013 Thailand Spa and Well-Being Awards, offers pampering treatments and luxurious programmes designed to rejuvinate and refresh the senses.There are 10 restaurants and bars offering the world's more popular cuisines. Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is only 5kms away from Patong and Karon, Phuket's main entertainment and shopping districts and is a 90-minute drive from Phuket International Airport and 5 kms from the shopping and entertainment district of Patong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Starwood APAC, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Ctrip TA and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel Karon
- Le Meridien Karon
- Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel
- Phuket Le Meridien
- Le Meridian Phuket
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort Karon