I wouldn't stay here again - that is the simple conclusion
Rooms are large - was upgraded to a deluxe seaview room from a superior garden room. Suites were actually available on SPG.com but the check in staff flat out lied and claimed no availability. To compound matters - staff at check out tried to bill me for stuff not consumed from the mini-bar. Never once did open the mini-bar in fact! If you were travelling with a young child, the bed is actually large enough for 3 people without feeling cramped. You may not need the extra rollaway.
While the overall cleanliness was good, the toilet flush system wasn't working in my room and it took numerous calls before it got fixed.
Also, the wireless internet was glacial in its speed and I was disconnected ad nauseum. It would seriously irk me if I had to pay for it.
Breakfast was included in my rate and it was pretty decent - right by the pool, fairly good selection and a bit of local color thrown in as well. Probably the best breakfast selection of the Starwood properties in Phuket. There was a minor issue with flies but there were not altogether that many of them. The breakfast in a separate area for Plats is no longer available. Its all in the main restaurant by the pool.
Going anywhere from the resort unless you have a car - you will be held hostage by the local taxi mafia. Enough said about this.
Qualified plus points
- beach is clean - looks like they imported the sand from outside and heaped it onto the beach. Only issue is a paucity of beach chairs. A lot of empty chairs - already pre-booked. You had to come early to book them.
- The resort is pretty at night withe the pools all lit up
- Beach frontage
Nevertheless I would bring my business elsewhere ( which I have ) as there are other much better resorts in Phuket which do not feel like a tour group factory.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is located on a lush cove on Phuket’s southwestern coast with a secluded 500-metre pristine white-sand beach. One of very few hotels on Phuket where guests can enjoy a tranquil secluded beach right next to the hotel without the need to cross a street or walk some distance. Le Meridien Phuket Beach offers 470 renovated rooms and suites including Deluxe Ocean View Rooms, Deluxe Terrace Rooms, and Ocean View Junior Suites fully renovated in October 2013. Enjoy a complete range of sports and recreational facilities with two oversized tropical swimming pools, shaded kids pool, lap pool, 6 tennis courts, 2 air-conditioned squash courts, 9-hole mini-golf, rock-climbing wall, basketball court, and a dedicated on-site Penguin Club for kids (04-12 yrs) offering fun, creative, and educational programmes. Use of the Penguin Club's facilities and all non-motorised watersports at the Resort are free.Le Spa, awarded 'Amazing Resort Spa' at the 2013 Thailand Spa and Well-Being Awards, offers pampering treatments and luxurious programmes designed to rejuvinate and refresh the senses.There are 10 restaurants and bars offering the world's more popular cuisines including a refurbished Pakarang Restaurant and a new Le Meridien-branded 'Latest Recipe' Restaurant opened in October 2013.Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is only 5kms away from Patong and Karon, Phuket's main entertainment and shopping districts and is a 45-minute drive from Phuket International Airport and 5 kms from the shopping and entertainment district of Patong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Agoda and Starwood APAC so you can book your Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel Karon
- Le Meridien Karon
- Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel
- Phuket Le Meridien
- Le Meridian Phuket
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort Karon