We were returning to Le Meridien after a 10 years absence, remembering the incredible stay we had there before. I want to be careful writing this review as much of it is purely personal opinion. A number of comments have mentioned the hotel is "tired". In some parts "yes" but we couldn't fault our de luxe sea view room. Spacious, great view and maintained to a very high standard of cleanliness. The room has all facilities you could ask for. Breakfast is plentiful to suit all tastes although timing for turning up for breakfast is a consideration as it can get crowded.
During our stay there was also a convention running and the additional crowding at breakfast was unacceptable, especially for the families with children having to stand outside and wait, whilst delelgates of the conference did their "networking " over breakfast. They could have opened up another Dining Area, specifically for the delegates, so as not to inconvenience those on holiday who were actually self-paying guests. The weather during our stay was appalling and this limited what to do in the hotel. Gym was excellent, but the lounge/quiet rooms lacked things to do and in our case, were often full with delegates having their tea and coffee and "networking". I appreciate these events may be infrequent, but there seems to be a lot of space in other areas of the hotel that were unused but looked like Conference facilities. I think Le meridien should use the areas in the hotel and not inconvenience those on vacation.
Prices in the hotel were very high for drink and food and the small bar just up the road was selling its drink at half the price and bar food at a more competitive rate. Because of the time of the season, most of the hotel restaurants were closed. But if you try to attract holidaymakers via travel brochures and on the internet and you name these restaurants as a main selling feature you should either ensure they are open all the time or mention there may times when they are closed. It was sad to see so many of your restaurants in darkness. We only made on trip to Patong Beach and cannot believe how much it has changed in 10 years. Once was enough for us and we opted not to go there unless we could help it. It used to be lively, great places to eat without being husstled by touts and massage girls -the whole place was just horrible.
We ate in the hotel for evening meals a few times and apart from the prices which were high, my wife had a bad experience finding a large piece of glass in the bowl of curry she was about to eat.
All of the staff were very apologetic and acted promptly, the Catering Manager was fetched who explained the curry was not made on premises but that the hotel would register an incident with the Local Health Dept and that we w ould be contacted to be told what action had been taken and outcome. To date the hotel has never been in touch. This was our last night at Le Meridien but not a really happy one for the obvious reason. This is our personal opinion remember, others keep coming back year after year. We love the location and love the rooms but I think, sadly, we will be saying goodbye and will not be returning. A great shame after our very first experience those years ago which was fantastic
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is located on a lush cove on Phuket’s southwestern coast with a secluded 500-metre pristine white-sand beach. One of very few hotels on Phuket where guests can enjoy a tranquil secluded beach right next to the hotel without the need to cross a street or walk some distance. Le Meridien Phuket Beach offers 470 renovated rooms and suites. Enjoy a complete range of sports and recreational facilities with two oversized tropical swimming pools, shaded kids pool, lap pool, 6 tennis courts, 2 air-conditioned squash courts, 9-hole mini-golf, basketball court, and a dedicated on-site LM Family Kids Club (04-12 yrs) offering fun, creative, and educational programmes. All non-motorised watersports at the Resort are free for guests. Le Spa, awarded 'Amazing Resort Spa' at the 2013 Thailand Spa and Well-Being Awards, offers pampering treatments and luxurious programmes designed to rejuvinate and refresh the senses.There are 10 restaurants and bars offering the world's more popular cuisines. Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is only 5kms away from Patong and Karon, Phuket's main entertainment and shopping districts and is a 90-minute drive from Phuket International Airport and 5 kms from the shopping and entertainment district of Patong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Starwood APAC, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel Karon
- Le Meridien Karon
- Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel
- Phuket Le Meridien
- Le Meridian Phuket
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort Karon