Having read some of the poor reviews that were recently written, our expectations were low. What a pleasant surprise. We found the front desk people extremely warm and friendly, and most of the staff always greeting us with a warm smile--such a difference to the two previous hotels in which we had stayed this month in Thailand.
Previous reviews warned about the older rooms so we asked to look at both. While the renovated rooms are indeed much better, we did not find the older room as bad as portrayed in other reviews and given its location and view, we took the older room and had no regrets. Indeed, it was nice to stay in an a room where the airconditioner actually does lower the temperature below 21 degrees Celsius. The elevators are old and unreliable but we are told that new elevators are being installed next month.
Breakfasts are a buffet that while not bad are not great for the price that is charged and we never could eat enough to justify the price we were paying. What we were not told and we found out on day 3, was that you can order from an a le carte menu. We were able to eat a suitable amount of food for less than half the price of the buffet.
Yes, the property is worn but we found it just fine and enjoyed the pools and private secluded beach. Now, if only the hotel could be become an industry leader in making public areas, especially the outdoor eating areas, a non smoking zone, our stay would have been even better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is located on a lush cove on Phuket’s southwestern coast with a secluded 500-metre pristine white-sand beach. One of very few hotels on Phuket where guests can enjoy a tranquil secluded beach right next to the hotel without the need to cross a street or walk some distance. Le Meridien Phuket Beach offers 470 renovated rooms and suites. Enjoy a complete range of sports and recreational facilities with two oversized tropical swimming pools, shaded kids pool, lap pool, 6 tennis courts, 2 air-conditioned squash courts, 9-hole mini-golf, basketball court, and a dedicated on-site LM Family Kids Club (04-12 yrs) offering fun, creative, and educational programmes. All non-motorised watersports at the Resort are free for guests. Le Spa, awarded 'Amazing Resort Spa' at the 2013 Thailand Spa and Well-Being Awards, offers pampering treatments and luxurious programmes designed to rejuvinate and refresh the senses.There are 10 restaurants and bars offering the world's more popular cuisines. Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is only 5kms away from Patong and Karon, Phuket's main entertainment and shopping districts and is a 90-minute drive from Phuket International Airport and 5 kms from the shopping and entertainment district of Patong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel Karon
- Le Meridien Karon
- Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel
- Phuket Le Meridien
- Le Meridian Phuket
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort Karon