Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa(Karon)(Great Value!)
US$ 103
  • Pool
US$ 217
US$ 174
Trip.com
Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa(Karon)(Great Value!)
US$ 58
US$ 53
Agoda.com
Chanalai Garden Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 65
US$ 63
Agoda.com
The Old Phuket(Karon)(Great Value!)
US$ 64
US$ 54
  • Breakfast included
Centara Villas Phuket(Karon)(Great Value!)
US$ 59
US$ 54
Agoda.com
Pacific Club Resort(Karon Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 87
Sawasdee Village(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 170
US$ 122
  • Breakfast included
Centara Karon Resort Phuket(Karon)(Great Value!)
US$ 94
US$ 85
3,412 results
All reviewsbaby elephantdriving rangepenguin clubrock climbinghuge poolthai restauranttuk tuktennis courtstable tennishotel guestspatong areagarden viewjunior suitebreakfast buffet isshuttle busfamily holidayphi phi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I've always enjoyed my visits to Thailand as the Thais I've met on my many trips have been so warm and welcoming.
The staff in Le Meridien Phuket were no exception. We had a comfortalble stay and would like to thank all the staff for making this visit so pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Almario, Director of Online & Marketing Communications at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Dear "ibnibatutta"

Thank you for your kind comments. It was our pleasure to have you and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you'll stay with us again on your next holiday in Phuket.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

We came to this hotel for our last week in Thailand. We had been to three other Starwood hotels, two of which were Le Meridien’s as well. My husband and I had been looking forward to coming to Phuket because we were going to Honeymoon here but the Tsunami hit and we had to change our plans. With all that said our expectations were very high. It was a disappointing start, check in has never took us longer than at this hotel, it was not because there were a lot of people. The front desk staff needs some training. They then proceeded to try to give us a room that had not been renovated, which we had paper work and knew that we booked a renovated room. So we showed them the paper work and an hour later they figured out that in fact we did have renovated room. After all that mess the room was nice, thank goodness after all that hassle. I believe all the rooms are updated now, so no one should have to worry. The pool and beach area was AMAZING! A private cove in Phuket is a very nice treat from the hustle and bustle of the area. The location is the property’s greatest asset. The pool bar food was awesome; we ate lunch everyday down there. The wait staff by the pool was great!! Occasionally we had breakfast but it got picked over quickly and for the price you pay it was just not worth it. We ordered room service one evening and the food was great and delivered in a very timely manner. I did not care for all the smoking on the beach but not sure how that can really be fixed unless they have a non- smoking area. Overall we enjoyed the hotel, but not sure if we will return.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PrincessBeach

Dear "PrincessBeach"

Thank you for your feedback. I do regret that you did not have a smooth check-in and would like to apologize for this lapse on our part. I offer no excuses if we neglected to assign you with the room type you booked. I have shared your disappointment with our Director of Rooms for improvement. I do note that you were satisfied with the room you eventually stayed in. Thank you for allowing us to correct this lapse. We hope you'll consider staying with us again. We would certainly appreciate the opportunity of providing you with a more enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

After arriving at the Meridien Hotel in Phuket we found that our booked room was not available.The time being around 15:00pm. As I had the tour operators printed itinerary and just happened to be able to prove the booking we were told the cleaners had not finished it. We were given a free drink to make up for it. The hotel was crawling with Russians and even the menus were in russian. Towels on beds at 06:00am and not used for hours. Prices were too high given the country we were in . This hotel should be a 4* and not a 5*. Rooms were not equipped to 5* levels and we were told to book tables for meals but did not need to. Nothing against the russians. Just too many of them at this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor in centre blocks are OK. Rooms on one side of hotel are quite close to the road so ask where you are being put. Top two floors are for SPG guests.
2  Thank Martin C

Dear "MCollard"

Thank you for your time in writing and posting this review. I regret that you did not have a favorable impression of our services which began with your room not being ready upon your arrival. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of this lapse in service standards. We consider ourselves privileged to be able to welcome guests from all over the world. Depending on the season we may have more guests coming from one country or region than other countries. This is not only evident in our resort but on the island in general. Our dining venues provide menus in various languages so that it is more convenient for guests. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you'll consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed at Le Meridien in October 2011, in the newly renovated wing. The hotel is quite nice with lots to discuss about, so I’ll only mention the highlights.

Pros:

- Amazing beach!!! The beach can only be accessed through the hotel which is private, so you only have hotel guests and no pesky vendors or shady locals. I’ve been to some amazing beaches around the world, and this by far is one of the best one I’ve been to. It’s the kind of beach you see on a postcard and ask yourself, ‘where it is’! Warm water, few waves, is shallow for a bit so you can wander out and still be in waist high transparent blue water.

- Nice restaurants. There are 5 or 6 nice restaurants, but I only went to the one that’s over the main pool. Breakfast was very good with a wide selection, and so was dinner (although they had the cheesiest live entertainment with various themes; i.e. pirate night. Not sure if they were doing a parody, or were serious.)

- Attentive staff.

- Clean hotel grounds and infrastructure. A feeling of luxury.

Cons:

- Hotel is far from the airport. We’re talking at least 1 hour away, with no traffic (and there’s always traffic in the area).

- The hotel is a bit isolated which can be a good thing for some, or bad for others. Unlike most other hotels in Phuket, at Le Meridien you can’t just walk outside the lobby and onto a street where you’ll find restaurants, bars, shops…. The hotel, located in a questionable local poor neighborhood, is well guarded and gated. If you want to leave the hotel, your only choice is to get a taxi or a tuk tuk and drive out. Local safe places aren’t far away, but they’re not walking distance, and not necessarily safe at night. The plus side is that the hotel is very quiet, and devoid of Phuket rowdiness.

- Renovated rooms were disappointing for a hotel like Le Meridien. They’re nice, but for this hotel chain one would expect something a bit better. Also, our room had no bath tub; just a nice shower.

- Our hotel room view, for lack of a better word, sucked! We were facing the hotel incinerator.

- Be very careful when booking any excursion from the hotel excursion desk. We had a horrible experience after booking a tour at Ko Phi Phi island (where the movie ‘The Beach’ was filmed). Not sure if it was deliberate or not on their part, but we were not told the whole story about the half day tour we took (they also offer full day tours). The reason I mention this is because even though the Le Meridien does not conduct the tour, they endorse companies that do. The tour was absolutely horrible, unsafe in rough seas, kids were freaking out, everybody was complaining, we didn’t do everything that was scheduled because of bad weather…. Basically the half-day tour took an entire day, and we only spent 45 minutes on Ko Phi Phi beach which was littered with trash and had so many other tourists that our boat couldn’t get close to the beach and we had to get off waist high in the water and walk about 20 yards in sharp coral.

Room Tip: A word of caution! From my experience, most Thai don't speak English well. When you ask them a question, they'll often act like they understand you and will respond as if...they understood you. That's true for pretty much anything you ask them, so be very careful when trying to get information from them; especially if safety could become an issue. Will my room have an ocean view? Yes! Will my excursion be canceled if there is bad weather? Yes! Is this neighborhood safe to walk at night? Yes! When will the taxi be here? Yes!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank titibalou
Almario, Director of Online & Marketing Communications at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear "titibalou"

Thank you for staying with us. It's great to know that you found the secluded beach amazing and amongst the best you've seen. It's seclusion, aside from the white sand beach and pristine waters, is one of the top reasons guests stay with us. I do note your opinion that some guests may find the hotel's location 'isolated' which I believe could be a matter of preference. For most guests however they prefer this location because of exactly what you said - far from Phuket's busy areas. This is also why guests are able to enjoy a secluded beach. I cannot think of a resort that is right at Phuket's main tourist areas and also has a secluded beach nearby. I guess it's a choice of one or the other. Having said that, the Resort is actually only 5 kms away from both the shopping and entertainment districts of Patong and Karon for those who choose to venture out. During the day, there are scheduled shuttle services at THB 100 per way or THB 180 round-trip. As some guests have written on their reviews on this site, there are also a few shops just outside the resort's gate.

I am sorry to know that you did not like the room you stayed in but we actually do not have an incinerator on property. As in any hotel, guests are assigned rooms based on the room type booked. Whenever possible we fulfill requests for guests to be moved to a different room unless there is simply no other similar room type available.

Whenever guests ask for tours on the island, our associates provide information on several tour companies that previous guests have tried and enjoyed. We do not exclusively endorse any one particular company. The tour company renting desk space is a tenant as other privately run shops in other areas of the resort. I sincerely regret that you had an unpleasant experience during your island excursion.

We sincerely appreciate your detailed feedback and thank you for your time in writing and posting this. Thanks for expressing both pros and cons of your stay and for sharing your lovely pictures of the resort.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 February 2012

We spent a couple of nights here last week and were really disappointed by what is supposed to be a 5 star resort.

1. Original reservation was for 2 single beds, which I called them TWICE to change to a single king bed (same price). Got email confirmations both times that the bed choice was switched. Get to room and it's 2 single beds. Instead of changing our room, they just had the maid push the two beds together -- ackward.

2. Showerhead over the tub is not centered so we got a monsoon in the bathroom every time we took a shower! This is absolutely ridiculous. Even if you tilt the head to try and be away from the edge of the tub, you'll still get water going over the edge and onto the bathroom floor. This alone makes me refuse to ever stay there again. We absolutely dreaded having to use the shower.

3. Maid always left the water option turned to the movable showerhead, which also resulted in sending water straight to the bathroom floor as soon as you turned the tub faucet on.

4. Tub drained *so* slowly. This problem was combined with the maid taking out the drain plug completely while doing her job, but left the drain plug sitting with the pointy part upright at the bottom of the bathtub. That was a tetanus accident waiting to happen.

5. Maid made up room without leaving us any bath towels. Really, even the maids at Motel 6 remember this one! I was standing there covered in dried salt water residue having to wait for them to deliver bath towels so I could shower.

6. Drinks are WAY overpriced. Be careful of this one. They put so much ice into the cocktails that you really only got a fraction of a drink and they make them very weak. Save your money and just go into town for any drinks as it'd be a fraction of the price, made properly, and you'll actually get an entire drink's worth in your glass.

7. Service in the restaurants and bars were severely lacking. The wait staff would bring you your food/drink and then disappear the rest of the time you were there. The only way that you could make them re-appear is to try and leave the place and then they'll magically show up out of thin air with your bill. Where were they the rest of the time when you needed utensils to use with your meal?

8. Elevators do not have object-in-doorway sensors. If the doors start closing while you or your bags are still in the doorway, they'll keep going until they hit you or your bag and then just stay there without automatically retracting. The only way to get them to retract too is to reach inside the elevator and push the "Open Door" button. Someone is going to get injured or worse by these damn things. We avoided them as much as we could.

9. Location just sucks. It's isolated so you're at the mercy of the taxi/ride service that they contract with and the prices are arranged in advance. The drivers insist on staying with you while you're out too so you have to pay them for their time also. Of course they don't actually say that when you ask for a ride somewhere. At least with almost every other hotel in Phuket, you can easily get a regular taxi for a much more competitive price. This resort was obviously designed for you to spend your entire time there and not actually see Phuket.

Don't get me wrong as we also stayed at the WAY better Residence Resort & Spa Retreat which is also isolated, but at least the service there was top notch all around. Le Meridien could learn from the Residence Resort on how to actually provide 5 star service to their guests.

Won't be staying at Le Meridien ever again.

1  Thank Kelley P

Dear "Kelley P"

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience of not being provided with a king bed at the onset. I understand that this lapse on our part was disappointing especially after calling in twice and after receiving our confirmation. I have shared your concerns with our Director of Rooms and Reservations team. I know we could have done a better job at coordinating requests like this and both teams have committed to do so.

I have also shared your concerns with the showerhead and bathtub with our Hotel Manager and Chief Engineer who are looking into improving the setup.

With respect for your sensibilities, guests are given the choice of how often linen and towels are laundered. By laundering only when requested, we reduce chlorine, detergent and water use. Guests who want to reuse their towels can do so by hanging them on the towel rack. Towels left on the floor are to be washed and new ones will be provided. This information is on a card placed beside the telephone in the guest room. I do apologize if this collateral was not placed in your room or if we failed to communicate this. It is unacceptable if you did not receive new towels due to a service lapse and I do apologize if this was the case. Both our Director of Rooms and Housekeeping Manager have been informed of your concerns and have reinforced this service standard in their daily briefing.

I regret that you did not have an enjoyable dining experience. Our Director of Food & Beverage is aware of your concern and will address this with our restaurant associates to correct.

Thank you for sharing your concern with our current elevators. Your comments were shared and will be an additional point we will consider as we are scheduled to replace these this year.

We appreciate your feedback on our service delivery and thank you for sharing these. We hope you'll re-consider and stay with us again. We certainly would like to regain your confidence and would welcome the opportunity to do so.