“Fantastic people”
Review of Sharkey Scuba

Sharkey Scuba
Ranked #2 of 29 Tours in Karon
More attraction details
Owner description: Sharkey Scuba is a 100% legal PADI dive center in Karon, Phuket. We are complete diving fanatics as our guests will testify! Started in 2002, the owners, Oui and Iain alone, have been teaching and guiding in Phuket for over 20 years between us. We were the first company in Phuket to exclusively offer private scuba diving courses from complete beginner to professional level. We also arrange day trips and Thailand liveaboards. Every guest is very important to us which is why we offer a highly personalised service including hotel visits and after dive events. Wherever you are staying in Phuket we can help with free transfers for dive trips from all of the following towns: Karon, Patong, Kata, Kamala and Chalong. Dive courses, day trips, Similans liveaboards - just ask and we will help.
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My boyfriend and I went scuba diving for the first time in December. Iain and Oui could not have been more friendly and helpful. Had a great time and was so surprised at how much we could see even though we were only a few metres under water!

The itinerary was (approx):
8.30 - picked up from hotel to pier, where we would board a boat for a 1.5hr journey to Racha Yai
11.30(ish) - first 45 min dive, lunch and rest
2pm - second 45 min dive.
Sail home and sleep on the upper deck

Had a really memorable time, would not hesitate to recommend!

3  Thank mw488
Kanniga P, Owner at Sharkey Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It was great for us to have the opportunity to take you for your first dives and we are so glad that you so enjoyed your underwater experience. Do keep in touch and come visit again for more underwater adventures:)

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Sharkey Scuba

Reviewed 26 December 2011

It was our first time diving. So we did the Discover Scuba Diving with Lain and Oui - and it was just perfect! They are both really good teachers and explain you in a patient and professional way the basics about diving, so that you feel well prepared for your first dive. We did our two dives together with Oui and since it was just the two of us, we felt at all times secure and could enjoy the underwater world right away!

2  Thank Marina W
Kanniga P, Owner at Sharkey Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are very glad that you chose to do your first dives with us and I had a really enjoyable time taking you underwater. It is always a special moment for Iain and I when we get to show people the fantastic underwater world for the first time. Do keep in touch and we hope you can come to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 20 December 2011

I found Sharkey Scuba on Trip Advisor and did not know what to expect when I made contact. What I found was two amazing and dedicated people in Iain and Oui who helped me plan out my dive trips, were more than happy to meet me before hand over a lovely dinner with other divers, and generally provided an exceptional service from beginning to end making my diving experience welcoming, easy and fun. I didn't want to leave and will def be back to do a live abroad with them. I would highly recommend them :)

Thank you so much for your kind review. Iain and I had a great time both diving and socialising with you. We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience with us and look forward to a return visit soon.

Reviewed 13 December 2011

I have done my Open Water and Advanced Open Water with Sharkey Scuba and was very happy with their personal approach, professional attitude and friendly help. After completing the courses Iain organised a liveaboard trip for me aswell on Sundayevening to leave Mondaymorning! 365 days per year of great and friendly service!

Thank you very much for your lovely review. It was a real pleasure for us to meet and dive with you, a person who seemed completely at nature underwater. We are so glad that you enjoyed taking your PADI Open Water and Advanced Open Water dive courses in Phuket with us PLUS the Similans liveaboard trip. Do keep in touch and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 29 November 2011

We recently went to Thailand on a 11 day holiday. Chose Sharkey Scuba to give us our first ever scuba diving experience!!!

Ian and Oui were fantastic!!! Filled us in on all the details the day before the dive and then gave us the best experience of our holiday!

There were 5 of us in our group and both Ian and Oui were patient with the few that were a bit nervous and also encouraged the others of us who were not so nervous!!

We had such a fantastic day! We met up with Ian and Oui the following day for dinner at a traditional Thai restaurant - Fantastic meal and company!

Would definately recommend for a fantastic friendly fun filled day!

Thanks for a fantastic day, definately made great memories for us!

1  Thank Charlotte W

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It was a real pleasure for Iain and I to get the opportunity to take 5 housemates diving together. It was a fun day out followed by a lovely Thai dinner the next evening. Do keep in touch and we hope to see you all visiting again very soon.