“Excellent liveaboard trip”

Sunrise Divers
Ranked #10 of 26 Tours in Karon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sunrise Divers is a PADI 5 Star Center based at Karon Beach, Phuket since 1999. We offer a wide variety of dive options - liveaboards to the Similan islands, diving day trips and overnight trips around Phuket and Phi Phi, and dive courses for new and experienced divers.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / lift
Basel, Switzerland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent liveaboard trip”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Sunrise organised a liveaboard trip for me at very short notice, which ended up being a superb trip. Seamless booking process and very good recommendations concerning suitable boats, given my inflexible schedule. They took care of all the gear rental, which was transported to the boat. Clearly a very professional outfit, and highly recemmended.

1 Thank Tim S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Canberra, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“The highlight of my Thailand holiday”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Undoubtedly the best experience we had in Thailand. We booked for the Phi Phi daytrip. The speedboat Prestige 1 was very fast and very comfortable. The dive-master "Mood" (sp?) was friendly, likeable, conscientious and ran the dives at a lovely relaxed pace - plenty of time to see everything. Mood was also great at pointing out a bunch of things I would have missed. Lunch on Phi Phi island itself was delicious, as well as being fresh, hot and waiting for us on arrival. The quality of the marine environment was good, not the most amazing I have seen, but quite good, and certainly very comfortable, hassle free tropical diving.
A particular bonus for us, however, was being able to be picked up from The Village Coconut Island (Ko Maphrao) - the best THB500 we spent. The boat was able to pick us up from The Village Pier, directly out the front of the resort. This was massively convenient, and meant we were picked up at 9.40 a.m. and we were at the first dive site not long after 10.30 a.m. Likewise on the return journey, although we were barely able to reach the pier because the tide was out and it's a very shallow pier. Probably in that case we would have been able to get to the deeper Pier on the other side of the island which wouldn't have been bad either. But while great for us, I did feel sorry for the people who had left their accommodation at 7.30 that morning, for vehicle transfers and a longer boat trip. They would have had nearly 6 hours of travel that day, for 5 hours of enjoyment around Phi Phi, which would definitely have taken the shine off the day for me.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great company”
Reviewed 24 March 2012 via mobile

Did a day dive and a 5 day live aboard. Live aboard booked on the Internet from new Zealand and all went as advertised. Staff helpful and friendly. No problems here would recommend.

1 Thank John E
Winnipeg
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Good DIve Company, Unfriendly Dive Master”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I visited Karon, Thailand within the last month and chose Sunrise Divers for my diving course as there were a number of good reviews about this dive shop on Trip Advisor. While the shop (Jamie) was very friendly and helpful, the Dive Master I was paired with, Daniel Nichol, was not.
I was very disappointed as I was really excited to get into scuba diving. Unfortunately, from the moment I was introduced to Daniel, I found him to be very condescending and unfriendly. Everyone else on the boat, including the other diver masters and divers, were sociable and a lot of fun.
If you're going with Sunrise, recommend a different Dive Master from Daniel and you'll likely have a more enjoyable experience.

5 Thank LAL77Winnipeg
Prague, Czech Republic
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great starting point for diving around Phuket”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Firstly I was a bit surprised that more diving centres co-operate in diving trips (one trip means one boat on which more dive centres deliver their customer, so also dive masters come from different dive centres) that is different than in Europe or Egypt for instance. But logistics work perfectly (pick-ups, separate equipment delivery on the boat etc).
But finally, all recommendations I got from Jamie were exactly what I was looking for, including a great trip to Phi Phi island which was a combination of diving, snorkelling for non-divers and a kind of “classic sightseeing trip” but not that time wasting as if you go to Phi Phi with standard trip operator on crowded boat.
Absolutely recommendable.