See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

All in all a good Hotel with all standards. It's nice and tidy. We just had the bad luck to get a room with a door to the neighbor room, so it was a bit wafer-thin, but the rest was fine. Karon Beach however was a bit disappointing, dirty and crowded.

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed 27 February 2017

Not quite, but the proximity of the main Patong-Karon-Kata road makes it feel that way.
Admittedly wasn't described as "sea-view". But unless you can regularly stroll with confidence through security at one of the plusher resorts, you are faced with a 15 mins walk along the aforementioned busy road before you get a view of the sea.
3 sunbeds and a postage-stamp pool ensure the need to go to the beach.
The proximity and open access to the busy road mitigates against quiet relaxation in the otherwise comfy and cozy lounge/reception area.
The coffee machine at the bar was broken for the first two days, but no problem, "I'll use the facilities in my room". Except the kettle didn't work. The replacement retrieved from another room (the two kettles were swapped !), contained grey water to start, but then produced orange coloured water in return for the clear stuff I'd put in. Rust ! All of this is a shame as the room and balcony were both clean and spacious, and all the staff were without fail, courteous, helpful and smiling. But there were a number of irritating, small things that prevent me from recommending the place for more than a night or two pit stop.

Room tip: I was on the side away from the road and it was fine. Cannot vouch for those nearer the road.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2017

Visited in the busy season and have mixed feelings about this place--some good, some bad. On one hand, years ago this place would not have cost 1000 baht or around $40 sing/cad/aus per night, but during high season it was a good budget option--we actively looked around on Karon for a better or cheaper place--we found better, but it was double the price--we found cheaper, but we would not stay in a filthy hole--so we stayed at the baan suay.

The cons of this place were: it's far from the beach(meaning maybe usain bolt can make it in 5 minutes, but for mere mortals it's more like 20 minutes of solid walking) the pictures of the pool were incredibly misleading, our room was not clean when we arrived, the staff spoke very little English and the manager was never there to issue a formal receipt, the staff did not even try to help us get a transfer back to the airport--we just went to another hotel and they arranged it and picked us up at baan suay--this was very uncharacteristic for Thais.

The great things were: when asked, the staff did clean our room including the bed and toilet that had not been cleaned before arrival, the pool was small, but clean and excellent for cooling off, the staff did give us beach mats to use at the beach for free, their happy hour included Heineken beer, and the staff let us use the stereo system to play a lot of country music.

This place might make a good pit stop or for a short stay--but calling it a resort is euphemistic at best. The problem is that Karon Beach is incredibly overbuilt and overpriced and the baan suay was one of the better budget options.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank travl8or
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Thankfully we only stayed here for the final 2 nights of our month stay in Thailand.
The photos of the hotel are very misleading.
The pool is right there as u walk through the hotel & is very small with 2 sun loungers there.
If it was the start of our holiday then I certainly wld have left straight away sorry to say.
There is nothing nice to do near by. Unless u pay to drive to the beach. It's in a very grubby busy street.
The hotel room was ok & u had a tv & tea/coffee.
I stripped the beds back to check on clean bedding a found stained blood all over the bottom of the sheet & blanket , so obviously not changed from before.
My husband ordered the thai green curry (it's he's favourite) & wow was we disappointed! The sauce was far too hot even when I asked for it to be mild, & they use frozen vegetables (carrot, peas & sweetcorn). It was awful & expensive.
I can honestly say this was my worst experience in Thailand.
I wouldn't go here again if it was free and the staff could be more helpful & pleasant!

Date of stay: December 2016
1  Thank kieleypoole
Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights. The hotel is very simple, right along one of the main roads, kind of tucked away. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The wifi was terrible and would often only work in the lobby. The coffee is amazing! The food was only ok. I would recommend eating somewhere else. The pool was small, only 3 chairs available. Laundry service was 60baht per KG and took 24 hours. The beach was a 10-15 min walk. The room was clean with air conditioning and complimentary waters. The bed was very firm. Overall, great little place for a very affordable place.

Date of stay: January 2017