We are at Bamboo House tonight and I want to cry with disappointment. It's a beautiful, neat, small hotel with spacious, modern rooms and a gorgeous entrance, pool & restaurant. We booked through booking.com noting SPECIFICALLY non-smoking. When we got checked into room 108 in the basement I smelled something funny but attributed it to cleaning which had just been completed. We went out for a couple of hours and when we came back in, the stale smoke smell was overwhelming. The receptionist admitted that it is a smoking room and confimed that our booking clearly specified non-smoking but said that all the rooms are full. She was very apologetic and even arranged for an oil burner (I could pick out my own oil, how sweet) but I find this hard to accept. We will check out early tomorrow as they are still full tomorrow night so we can't be moved. If your non-smoking rooms are full you DON'T accept a non-smoking booking! They also expect us to deal with booking.com in getting tomorrow night cancelled, which I don't feel should be our problem. We booked & paid for a non-smoking room and would've loved to stay here... Sad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bamboo House Phuket is an ultra stylish boutique hotel offering a unique combination of sleek yet minimalist decor with a bamboo theme echoed from the pool garden outside all the way through to subtle details in every room.With top of the range hi-tech amenities and inclusive high-speed wireless internet available in each room, Bamboo House is the ultimate choice in providing all of your needs whether for work or for play. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Ctrip TA so you can book your Bamboo House Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bamboo House Phuket Hotel Karon
- Bamboo Hotel Phuket
- Bamboo House Phuket Karon