Caveat: Sangla isn't completely in the boonies. There are a handful of hotels and homestays here. So you don't have to stay in a camp unless you want the experience.
1) The camp has everything you can expect in a tented accommodation - attached flush toilets, power outlets, carpeted floors, bottled water etc.
2) The bed is quite comfortable so are the warm blankets that they supply.
3) Food was delicious and was available per our timings. Just make sure you pre-order the meals in advance.
4) The staff was very courteous and helpful.
5) The view from the camp was quite good.
6) Tariff was quite reasonable
7) Tents and the toilets were reasonably clean.
1) Given that it is a campsite, it does get quite cold at nights.
2) It is away from town and you need a vehicle to get here and around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Igloo Nature Camp is located in the heart of Sangla Valley with snow clapped peaks on all sides and the Baspa River within walking distance. The property is next to apple orchards, consists of 12 premium six tents, all with attached baths offering excellent view of the valley. We also conduct river crossing, rappelling, medium and difficult treks, snow safaris, guided valley tour, river side camping and more.Igloo Nature Camp can be reached by car from Delhi, Chandigarh, Simla and Kalka following the National highway 22 via Narkhanda, Rampur and Karcham from where you need to leave the NH 22 for Sangla. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Igloo Nature Camp Sangla, Himachal Pradesh