“Surprise find in Boroughbridge, well worth seeking out”
Review of The Dining Room

The Dining Room
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 January 2012

The Dining Room was strongly recommended by friends and we duly went as a group of 6 for Saturday dinner, which has a fixed price menu of 2 -3 courses, (£29.95 for 3 courses). Having passed the initiative test of how to get in, (side down numbered 20 down the alleyway to the right of the restaurant), we were directed upstairs to the bar.
What a pleasant surprise this turned out to be, a well stocked bar in a very attractive lounge with plenty of comfy seats for groups of all sizes. After pre dinner drinks and taking our orders, we were back down to the dining room for our meal, which exceeded our expectations in most respects. If I was being very picky, my roast salmon starter was a little overdone and the meringues lacked the necessary fragility, erring on the chewy side, but my main course steak was superb and my fellow diners were all effusive in their praise for their choices of belly pork and sole, (so I am picky).
There did not appear to be any empty tables when we were there and the single sitting approach allowed us to take our time over the meal before retiring to the bar again. This was a very enjoyable evening and the young staff were particularly diligent and efficient, attending to us promptly throughout. I look forward to another dinner there soon.

1  Thank Corb2000

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Everything is done for you. A brilliant menu and pleasent service. There was a nice gap between meals so that you could chat and get hungry again. There was just the right amount of food. Very good quality and a nice atmosphere. Everyone had a smile on there faces and looked like they were having a good time.

Reviewed 7 December 2011

Ate here with my wife last week. First impressions were great, the upstairs lounge for pre meal drinks is beautifully decorated and comfortable. The menu doesn't have loads of choices but their is a choice of every type of meat and some fish dishes. My wife choose the wild mushroom rissotto to start and I had the salmon. Both were served with fresh baked bread. Both were delicious. For main my wife had the chicken and I had the steak, both were beautifully cooked and presented. My only gripe would be the serving of frozen chips with the steak. For a top class restaurant I feel this is a let down. For sweet I had a delicious cheese board with an explanation of each cheese and where it came from. Coffee and home made chocolates followed. Service was at times a little slow with their only being one other couple dining, maybe this was due to it being a Tuesday night! It is a lovelly place to have a quality meal in great surroundings and I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 23 November 2011

My wife and I have dined here on numerous occasions over the past two years, including a new years eve party and always been impressed.

The food is exceptional, i have never experienced anything less here.

The staff and owners are always very accommodating and even on one occasion, gave us a lift home when we were let down by the taxi company. I use this as an example of the lengths that they will go to in order to ensure that you have a pleasurable dining experience.

We thoroughly enjoyed the new years party and would be returning this year but, left the booking too late. Lesson learned - book early to avoid disappointment.

Overall, i have no criticism of this establishment.

1  Thank fred848
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Great food and atmosphere, the bar is amazing not what you expect in Boroughbridge

1  Thank Sej77