“Lovely Restaurant”

Cuisines: Central European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 December 2016

I went there with my wife and son, did not book, was told a table would be available within 10 minutes, and she was true to her word, as we got shown to our table, within 2 minutes the assistant had taken our drinks order, my son ordered a Bills ale, and his words were ransid, the pink bottle of lemonade I had was lovely, the only thing is they never have a bottle straight from the fridge, our main meal order was taken when the drinks were brought to us, waited around 20 minutes for the meals to arrive, but they were the usual standard.

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Having never been but walked past the great guy on that barrow every day all those years ago I was genuinely quite excited at the prospect of lunching with my family here. Yes it was busy and we had to wait but the customer service shone and we didn't mind. BUT it was a painfully long wait from starter to main course (we nearly upped and left!). We were then served overcooked, dry and cold burgers. The chips were lovely and hot which suggested they sat waiting for them. Our daughter had the steak and it truly was superb! ... We were just too tired and too hungry to complain and as a result won't return. ... Such a shame really as I think they were just taking in too many customers to provide food quality that reflected price and overall experience.

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

I went with my partner
Breakfast at bills here can get busy so make sure you get in at a good time. I ordered poached egg on toast with streaky bacon and my partner ordered sausage and bacon roll and also orders pancakes with bacon and Maple syrup to share. Because it was really really busy our food did take a while to come out. When it finally arrived my eggs were perfectly runny which I love unfortunately my bacon was very crispy which I know is to some people liking but not mine. My partner loved his bacon and sausage roll and our pancakes were amazingly fluffy. However all of that costing £30 FOR BREAKFAST!! I was a little shocked. I could get the same in a diner down the road for £15 yes the quality of food you can tell is different but still £30. Overall the food was amazing but the service did take long and I asked for more maple syrup as soon the plate got to us and I saw the small pot and LOVE maple syrup and I never got it hence me only giving it 4/5. Overall I wouldn't mind eating here again for breakfast but only if I just got paid or someone was treating me.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

Went to Bill's for a late lunch, my adult son has been telling how good the breakfast are, but we were too late for that. Ordered a Pot of Tea= served in an large enamel tea pot (slightly quirky) YES! I could pour the tea without it running down the side into the saucer or over the table. Had plenty of cups from it and price was great. a real treat. I had a Naked Burger which came with loads of truly FRESH Salad. My wife had Halloumi & baked vegetable on a Brioche bun. Both were superbly presented and tasted great. Staff were very pleasant and the whole atmosphere of Bill's was buzzy and friendly. They do add a modest, optional, 10% service charge, which on enquiring we were told is shared among the all staff in restaurant. Whole experience was really good. We'll be back.

This company deserve to do well, I'm sure I'll be visting their other location where in their area.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

The restaurant ran out of fries ! We ended up with sweet potatoes so kids unhappy. Food took a long time to come out and steaks not as we had ordered . We were over charged on the final bill which was corrected but we were then charged a service charge which I was not happy paying . The waitress however was friendly but the overall feeling was not good and it was expensive over £120 for 1 course each for a family of 5.