All reviewsjanie and mikehot tubattention to detailthe main housecakeprivate gardenother guestsrecord playerlost gardens of heliganlog burnermade us feelhuge bedself containeddressing tableby chancefour poster bedwet room
Reviewed 30 September 2016

My (new) husband and I have just returned from our Elopement which took place at Lower Barns, and we couldn't have had a nicer, friendlier, more relaxed and fun two days; I want to do it all over again!!!! From the moment we checked in, we couldn't have been made more welcome. The room was AMAZING - the photos on the website just don't do the place justice as it is so unique and funky! Everything was immaculately fresh and clean and I loved all the homely touches like FRESH milk in the fridge and homemade cake waiting for us on arrival. And to us, the best part was being allowed to bring Wednesday, our kitten to take part in our incredibly special day as our Ring Bearer.
Our actual wedding with Mike and Janey as our witnesses was just amazing. The registrars were so friendly and the whole ambience was one of fun, joy and happiness and the Shack where we said our vows was just about the most romantic places ever.
After the wedding it was a trip to Hemmick Beach for some photos with Mike and then back to have Champagne and canapes before changing into more relaxing clothes and enjoying one of the best meals I have ever tasted in another gorgeous room with fresh flowers, log burner and a record player complete with a fab selection of vinyl LP's!!
Time to relax after this with a selection of DVD's in our room and our two days finished off far too soon with another fabulous cooked breakfast before we checked out. BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT from start to finish. I would recommend this Elopement break to anyone and everyone!! Thank you Janie and Mike x

Room Tip: All the rooms offered something different to accommodate every need.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie M
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed here with a group of friends to celebrate my daughters hen weekend.
A beautiful setting with quirky bedrooms. All the rooms are gorgeous, the little touches make it extra special ie; selection of shower gel, bath soaks, nail files, sewing kits, fresh milk, homemade cake on arrival etc etc ...
Breakfast was divine ! Cooked to order, fresh, tasty and a good variety: fresh juice, fruit and cereal 'on tap' as well.
Hosts were friendly but not overbearing ... just letting us get on with enjoying our weekend. There is a 'party shed' at the venue which we made good use of (including hiring a 'butler in the buff') !
We had the luxury of our own hot tub ... just glorious !!
Cannot speak highly enough of this little gem ... will definitely be returning.
Just perfect, thank-you

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Janie C, Owner at Lower Barns Boutique B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words. Enjoy the rest of this year and hope to see you again,

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

I'm just home from a 2 night hen stay at Lower Barns (im not the hen!). Totally loved this place when we looked around it as a possible venue and weren't disappointed at all. The rooms are fantastic....quirky in a very cool way. The breakfasts were really good, basically just ask for what you want and how you want it cooked (fried, poached, scrambled egg). Fresh fruit available, nice coffee and all served in a relaxed way.
The highlights were the party room, hot tubs and the fabulous comfy beds and bedding. On a personal level I liked the small touches that make a big difference...umbrellas, milk in the fridge, a cake on arrival, sewing kit (we needed scissors!), bubble bath and hot water bottles. It's these little things that add that something extra. I feel sure that our whole party enjoyed the weekend. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it and would love to return.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Georgina F
Janie C, Owner at Lower Barns Boutique B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

Thank you for all being fantastic crowd of ladies,

Janie x

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

I happened to stumble across the website for Lower Barns whilst looking for somewhere that provided very small weddings, we had a few options in mind but on paper lower Barns ticked all the boxes. Living almost 6 hours away from the venue all our wedding details were discussed and arranged through email and phone calls. It was quite nerve racking not actually visiting the venue beforehand but the moment we pulled up at Lower Barns and was greeted by the lovely Janie all those worries were gone, the grounds and buildings are beyond stunning, so much love, thought and care has gone into making this romantic retreat and it really is all about the attention to all the little details here. We travelled as a family, myself, my parter and two daughters, and felt relaxed and welcome the moment we arrived. The food was lovely, my girls loved exploring the gardens and speaking to woody the owl. The accommodation was 100% perfect and we was very well taken care of. The day of our wedding was just as we wanted, everything really is well thought out and Mike took some wonderful photos that we will truly cherish forever. We definitely will be back to stay in the future are we really can't wait.
Thanks again for everything Janie and Mike. We have some wonderful memories of our stay with you.. We will see you soon
The Gerard's

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Janie C, Owner at Lower Barns Boutique B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for this review we loved having you and your 2 little people who where perfect. We wish you both all the love and happiness,

Janie Mike x

Reviewed 15 September 2016

Great boutique B & B. Loved this place. Different with a capital D. Janie and Mike's eclectic taste and experience of their travels is embedded into the very fabric of this place. Attention to detail knows no bounds, from home made cake on your arrival, to fresh jug of milk for your tea and a robe and shower hat for your bathroom. Possibly the comfiest bed in the world, outside seating area with hot tub used under the stars.
Dinner on first rivalled many of the best restaurants I have eaten in, all served in the lovely and beautifully decorated party barn.
Part of me did not want to review this place , so I stand a chance of getting a booking again !

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Janie C, Owner at Lower Barns Boutique B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2016

Thank you guys, really appiate your words makes us feel its all worth it.

Janie Mike x