“Just mediocre”

Boomerang Village Resort
Ranked #20 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I am not sure what all of the fuss is about. This place isn't terrible, but it is not all that nice either.

Pros: Good location, we didn't mind the hill. Nice pool. The grounds were quite nice. The shuttle and cab servie was quite good.

Cons: The bathrooms were terrible and small. The shower was simply a spout on the wall.
Aircon did not work very well. The restaurant was not very good. The staff was indifferent. Internet was always broken.

Next time we want to stay somewhere nicer.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank rachsticle
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

I feel i must write a review having just returned from my wonderful 5oth birthday stay in Thailand with husband and 2 Friends. We stayed at Boomerang for 3 nights prior to a liveaboard at the Similans. Having read previous reviews I felt I would be in for a treat and what a treat it was. It was pure heaven. The rooms were beautiful [we had Garden suite 118] overlooking Kata. The service from all staff was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. They would arrange anything and everything. The place was so clean and the HILL, well, after all the lovely food a hill is what you need to work off the calories! but a taxi is cheap. Would I go again? definately.

Room Tip: All rooms seem beautiful
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank pauline e
Reviewed 22 March 2012

As a solo female taveller I really needed a break in a quiet location with excellent services. I read all the TA reviews carefully and the Boomerang stood out. I'm glad I booked and stayed there - it was perfect.

First let's tackle the issue of the hill. If you know cycling as a sport it's a Grade 1 hill climb, starts steep and gets steeper toward the top. If you are fit it's not a problem, I walked home from Karon along the hill road one night and still managed the hill up to Boomerang easily and that was after a trip to the dentist. I think in the 10 nights I was there I only went up the hill three times in a car (once when one of the staff saw me walking up the road and picked me up as he passed!). The hill, however acts as a wonderful deteriant to those people who'd rather get largered up and rowdy, they book elsewhere! It also means you have nobody driving past the Boomerang late at night on the way to other hotels - perfect.

There is some traffic noise due to the tuk tuks, motorbikes etc putting on the gas a bit to get over the hill to Karon, but you are going to get this noise anywhere on Phuket Island and it's far less than staying right down on the beach.

The hotel resturant Cafe Del Sol is recommended. I ate Thai and Italian most nights there and the food was excellent and the waiters are a great bunch. I also had room service a bit and that was brilliant too - no cold food!

I had a pool suite and a garden suite during my stay. These rooms are massive. I could have taken my husband and children along and easily fit them in the rooms. The beds are comfortable, particularly as I had damaged my spine the week before.

The reception team are really on the ball and always smiling and helpful. The manager Paolo never seems to sleep, he's always on his feet working. A tip - get the hotel to drop you off using their cars if you want to go to Karon or Patong, it's the same price as you'd get walking down the hill and negotiating with a tuk tuk driver, it's safe and airconditioned and you get to chat on the way.

The gardens are amazing. There's a lot of work that has gone into the gardens and the spacing of the villas, it's beautiful and nobody feels crowded.

The pool was my favourite part. I spent four hours at the beach, the beach is lovely but the pool is sublime and I had it to myself! Even with the resort completely full the pool never had more than four people around it.

The people who stay at Boomerang are lovely. Everyone is polite. There were a couple of toddlers but no other children and certainly no teens. I love kids, I have two preschoolers but to have a resort that was peaceful without teens splashing in the pool was fabulous.

Would I go back? In a heartbeat. Would I take my kids? Maybe, the staff would love to see them but I love the feeling of peace I had at the Boomerang without them!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
9  Thank kapitibeach
Reviewed 21 March 2012

this hotel is amazing! we stayed in a little bungalow close to the pool. the rooms are big and nicely decorated. very clean hotel and helpful staff. the location is ok, but a little tough if you have to walk daily from the beach as the main road is pretty hard to cross. would not recommend if travelling with a baby. the food at the hotel is amazing and the atmosphere equally great.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GlobalCitizenM
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I would recommend Boomerang Village Resort to everyone.
Thank you for a wonderful stay at your hotel. The accommodation was exceptional and the staff friendly and helpful.
We had connecting rooms, and they were very large lots of space and a balcony too.
Elvis is a must on a Monday; you will never be able to watch Elvis again without breaking into a Thai version…..
The tuck tuck service provided free of charge between certain hours was completely unexpected and very good to have.
Room service was great we would go down to the restaurant and send room service up to the children (admittedly one is 22 years old the other 12) so we could have a nice evening quietly eating and drinking. They never charged us for this service only the food so again completely unexpected.

Ask for a Thai Massage I can recommend it, they come to your room, within 20 mins.
We will love to visit again it was a great holiday thank you Team Boomerang

Clare, Kelvin , Carmen and Jason

1.9 km away
Orchidacea Resort
Orchidacea Resort
#19 of 56 in Kata Beach

Been to Boomerang Village Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK