1,757 results
All reviews sea view half board pool bar hotel is in a great location the hotel manager family mart special thanks nice balcony cooking class late check recommend this resort beach towels restaurants and shops kids club breakfast buffet is taxi service phi phi
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

8 friends stayed here for 3 nights, great views, great hotel, Nicole at reception went out of her way for us! Would recommend this hotel to any one. Thank you so much for making our trip with friends worth our while.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
RDM-CGR, Manager at Chanalai Garden Resort, Kata Beach, Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear VanZylb,

Thank you for valuable feedback. We appreciate taking the time in writing a review and sharing great experience. We are glad to hear that you had enjoyed our resort facilities, location, views and service from our team members. We try the best to assist our guests and make their stay comfortable. We are glad to see that we succeeded to make your holiday memorable.

When you plan to visit us next, please email me at rdm@chanalaigardenresort.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon at Chanalai Garden Resort, Kata Beach with our friendly smiles and Thai Hospitality.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 days and 4 nights. We paid for a deluxe ocean view suite. The room was clean and quite nice and the view was spectacular. There were great points to our stay and not so great points.

The Pro’s-
1)The breakfast buffet was delicious and there were lots of options.
2) The staff was so helpful and so very friendly, especially Mimi! She was wonderful and helped us with a late checkout and recommendations for a good local spa.
3) The pool and pool bar was fabulous, and happy hour had buy one get one free on drinks.

The Cons-
1) Our mattress was stained and quite lumpy. It’s a spring mattress and you can feel the coils on one side.
2) it kept raining and we had hung up some clothes to dry outside and they got wet. We tried to get assistance from the hotel, such as a dryer or laundry service or even an electric fan to use and they offered no assistance. We had to use the hair dryer and it was quite inconvenient.
3) we ordered room service and they messed up the order three times. They were lovely people, but the language barrier was a bit annoying. I would recommend they have better English speakers in charge of room service.

Overall it was a great experience and we’d stay here again in a heartbeat.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Smaddon

Dear Smaddon,

My sincere apologies with the confusion with our team, we do have laundry service provided in our hotel and there was confusion on the your requests at the time. I had spoken to our front desk team and will tried to avoid the issue with our future guests.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Hotel is in a great location, just across the road from Kata Beach. Very easy to walk to all food/drink premises. The hotel has lovely big pools, a great quiet area for reading and sleeping in the glorious sunshine. Rooms are good, clean and very big. Shower, bath, free safe, lcd tv, tea/coffee, free bottled water (don’t touch the water in the fridge, it’s chargeable) - weird this, but there is a big glass window in the bathroom, you can watch tv whilst having a bath/shower. They give free towels for the pool, and also to take out to beach. Would I come back ? Yes.

Dear Donna G,

My sincere apologies if there was confusion with the chargeable water in the minibar. We have list of minibar items with corresponding prices provided on the minibar counter. I shall speak to our team to improve this point and avoid this kind of confusion with our future guests.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by the hotel it was clean and well run although not on the beach. It is a 10 min walk through an alleyway and restaurant to the beach. The swimming pools (there are 2) are smallish but adequate. Our room looked over the pool and we had a view of the beach even though it was a fair way away. The staff were helpful but sometimes things were kid in translation. The food was amazing as is all the food in Thailand. My only disappointment were the beds, they are rock hard and I like a comfy bed to sleep in

Dear Filomena m,

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We were greeted by a wonderful view when we step into the room. But once you step out to the balcony you will see that people at the pool are facing you directly. There is a lack of privacy once you step into the balcony. Ask for a room at level 4 if possible.

It can be noisy both in the day and night.
The natural sound of waves are drowned by loud music from the various restaurants. If you are lucky, you may catch fire works. In the day, the noise from the pool. But once you shut the glass door, you barely hear anything.

Housekeeping is slow and unfriendly. We asked for an extra roll of toilet paper, it was not provided. We informed her of a faulty balcony lamp it was not fixed. No replenishment of coffee or tea unless you ask it, each day.

Pools are dark at night. Even though one pool is open till 10pm, the pool is not lit.

We stayed 5D4N, we met a combination of friendly & unfriendly staff. Overall, service is really lacking.

Not recommended for people with limited mobility or parents with prams. Too many steps.

You need to cross a small busy road and walked past a beach front restaurant to get to the beach. Catch the sunset if you can.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
RDM-CGR, Manager at Chanalai Garden Resort, Kata Beach, Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Li-me-cha,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your stay with us and we are glad to see your appreciation towards the hotel location and service. Kindly accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay.

My deepest apologize for unpleasant experience due to lack of eye for detail from our housekeeping team. We wish you could have mentioned it to us during your stay for us to rectify it or perhaps we could have change your room.

I assure you that these incidents are not a true reflection of our service standards and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to change your perception about our services.

If you decide to come and visit us again, please do not hesitate to contact me via my email, rdm@chanalaigardenresort.com. I am more than happy to personally assist your requirements.

Best Regards,