We have just returned from 13 nights at the Shore and are trying to come to terms with the real world. For the last 13 days we have lived in heaven, so much has been said on this site about the Shore and how wonderful it is and it is all true. So instead of repeating this I will highlight why we think this resort is the best we have ever stayed at.
The staff are amazing, not in a in your face, forced high levels of service way, but rather it all seems to come naturally to them and you get the feeling that they are there to also enjoy your holiday with you. This goes for front of house staff all the way through to the room staff, buggy drivers, security an so on.
Whilst we were there we experienced the Tsunami warning, a truly terrorfying experience for all especially those who sadly experienced the 2004 Tsunami. However not only did I see all staff putting priority on getting the guests to a safe high point, once there they constantly delivered, water, food, cold towels, sheets, mosqito spays, with the purpose of ensuring that all guests were looked after. To think that most of these staff had families whom they were worried about, it was truly well above and beyond any level of service I have experienced and thankfully Phuket was spared the disaster which had gone before. Long may this continue!!
I had read a lot about the sea view rooms and unfortunately by the time we tried to book, there wasn't any available. However we were in room 8857 which was a garden view and to be honest I preferred this as we had a very private but very pretty spot.
Some restaurants to try whilst you are there are Bann rim pa in Patong, which is a lovely restaurant great views and great food, not the cheapest but good for a special meal. Also the red snapper in kata beach, great sushi and pasta, quite simple but excellent service and Lucky Toms in Kata beach, very simple but excellent Thai food and service.
I would also highly recommend for any divers amongst you to use Sea fun divers, they are 5 minutes from the hotel and are definitely a cut above the other diving companies in Phuket.
Very professional and definitely not over priced.
So in summary my only negative for The Shore is that I am now going to spend my holidays comparing all other hotels to their standard which is a very high expectation.
Would we return there? Definitely, couldn't see us staying anywhere else if we return to Phuket. Our thanks to all of the staff for making our excellent holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury beachfront pool villa resort on Kata Noi Beach in Phuket, Thailand. This adult only resort is a natural fusion of indoor and outdoor living where time has no meaning beyond the pleasure of every moment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA and Ctrip TA so you can book your The Shore at Katathani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Shore At Katathani Hotel Kata Beach
- The Shore At Katathani Phuket/Kata Beach