“best meal in phuket”
Review of Horn Grill Steakhouse - CLOSED

Horn Grill Steakhouse
Cuisines: European, International
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
New Delhi, India
“best meal in phuket”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

went to horn grill at kata after eating reviews on trip advisor and war definitely not disappointed.

The steaks were mouthwatering sat in the gardren area at the back, was very nice

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank namratak1980
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Fredericia, Denmark
“Excellent restaurant and service”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary in this restaurant. The service/staff was excellent: always present, aware and did a little extra. The food was very good and beautifully arranged. The atmosphere was smooth with live jazz playing in the corner, and perfect lighting :) Very romantic. We will definately be back another time if possible.

1 Thank Tina E
Montreal, Canada
“Terrible, over priced tourist trap with leathery steaks”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Apologies for the harsh review. Usually I like to see something good wherever I go, but I find it very difficult in this case. My main comment is: Stay away from Horn Grill Steakhouse - it is a tourist trap and certainly doesn't deserve "No.1 steakhouse in Phuket" on Trip Advisor as they love to advertise on gigantic billboards all over Phuket. The restaurant is in the middle of busy Kata town with a courtyard out the back with fake christmas trees?! Our ribeye steaks (medium rare as requested) were very leathery and at one point I had to spit out a well chewed piece of grisly meat into my napkin after 5 minutes of chewing because my jaw couldn't take it any more. Something I would never do as a rule.... Usually you expect a steakhouse to do at least two things extremely well... the steak and the creme brulee - both were terrible. Furthermore, the bill (including wine) was more expensive than Mom Tri's Kitchen in Kata Noi, which was fabulous fine dining with a stunning sea views and great service. Another issue was that after spending time looking for the bottle of wine we requested, they finally came back and said they didn't have it and in fact we received our steaks before they finally got round to bringing the bottle of wine that they did have in stock. Usually you like to have the wine before or at the same time as you receive your steaks. Furthermore, they kept filling our glasses up even though we asked them not too, clearly because they were trying to get us to drink more and therefore, buy more wine... The only good point about this place was that there was some live jazz as promised, although even that wasn't particularly amazing. Apologies for such a negative review, but I don't want anyone else to waste their money on this place when there really is some amazing food and service in Phuket.

1 Thank L0712
Port Lincoln
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Loved the location on the busy street. Hubby said his steak was the best he had ever had! (we ate here twice!). Sweet and sour chicken was delicious, but the chicken with blue cheese sauce was a little salty and dry. Bruschetta was superb. Excellent service and friendly staff. Cleanest toilets I have ever seen!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank frangipani69
Sydney, Australia
“Loved everything about it!”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I'm a big fan of steakhouses and I was amazed at the quality of food and service. I never doubt the culinary skills of the Thai but I expected the food to be average as steakhouses are generally western-style meals. In my opinion this place puts some of the western steakhouses to shame. Although most of the cuts are imported it is worth paying the extra baht. The service and staff were exceptional. I'm definitely going there again if I need a break from eating Thai cuisines. A+

1 Thank ArchieLala