“Incredible place, amazing people, awesome company”
Review of Villareal Heights

Villareal Heights
Ranked #5 of 64 Kata Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 August 2010

The rooms were simply fantastic. Spacious, comfortable and clean. Not forgetting the beautiful sea view and Wi-Fi in every room.

The staffs are amiable, nice and extremely helpful. The service standards are top notch.

The hotel's location is ideal, it is very accessible. You can literally walk everywhere, to the beaches, bars, Starbucks, massage parlors, restaurants, mini marts and more. On top of that, there are Automated Teller Machines located almost everywhere, in fact, there's one just 5-7mins walk away from the hotel.

The owners, Phil & Joe, of course, PJ & Dobbie too, they are the best. Not only are they warm, kind, sincere and very, very hospitable. They also take genuine interest to make our stay an exceptional one.

All in all, a more than pleasant experience. Will definitely love to go back again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ddddddddy
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 August 2010

Phil and Jo are extremely kind and hospitable. they have a nice boutique hotel set up. the rooms have great, contemporary decor and was quite comfortable. being that the hotel is set quite a distance from the beach area and town sector, it would be nice for them to offer continental breakfast (simple: toast, fruit) or provide instructions on where the nearest dining places are. the in-room booklet detailed tv channels and private movies that could be borrowed. i think it better to include information on the location related to the distance to the beach, restaurants and/or how to obtain transportation (motorbikes, for example). Phil was kind to take me into town to exchange money and get some food to take out. again, their kindness is hard to match and the rooms are great!

There is no business center, but Phil generously loaned me a Notebook to use during my stay, and the rooms are Wifi ready.

Travel tip : if you don't want to be right on the beach or very near by foot, this is a great place to lodge. i traveled solo (female) and felt completely comfortable and safe there. my only regret was that i mistook it to be a much shorter distance to the beach and happenings.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank kiminykaroo
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Arrived in Phuket airport very late at night and was picked up by taxi that Phil (the owner) had arranged. Took about 45 minutes in a/c taxi and when I got there I was greeted by Phil who showed me around the absolutely brilliant accommodation. Kitchen area, surround sound tv, very posh wc and wet-room, massive bed, must be 5m of floor to ceiling window/sliding door to look out of...

I can't believe I paid about £25 per night for this place! Phil took me around the island the next day and showed me good places to eat, go for a massage, see the sunset, etc and took me to a viewpoint where I gained an understanding of where everything was on the island. I was just around the corner from a garage and a convenience store, about a 10 minute walk from some good bars and maybe 25 minutes by foot from the beach. On the subject of the beach - it is simply beautiful and I recommend going there for sunset while enjoying a beer in Ska Bar!

Phil and his wife Joe could not have been more welcoming and were very helpful when I was planning my onward journey. The location, as I say was excellent. The room was outstanding. I can't recommend this place enough.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Phil gave us a warm welcome at the second the cab stopped in front of his office. He helped us with the luggage and showed our room. In the afternoon that day, Phil drove us to see the neighborhood. He introduced us Karon Beach, Kata Beach and Kata Noi. The view of the whole area from the Viewpoint was awesome! Then we were shown to some tasty restaurants and bars. Phil took us to have some Pad Thai and he even paid for that. btw, the food was great but we never found the place again...

Location: Villareal Heights is actually between Karon and Kata, 5 minutes' walk from the nearby Ptt gas station, and 15 minutes' walk to Karon Beach. This place is very quiet.

Room: We were staying in the execute mountain view suite. king size bed, 29 inches tv, dvd player, sofa, fridge, wardrobe... the room was cleaned as a new one every day.

Service: This is why they rate No.1 out of all hotels in Phuket. Phil and Joe recommended us which places were worthy to go, where to have great seafood, and so on. They are not only excellent hosts, but also reliable friends. Even little sweetie PJ and crazy dog Dobbie welcome strangers.

What a lovely place to stay! Guys, don't think for another second. Rating tells.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank YawenHe
Reviewed 14 August 2010

I chanced upon this apartment on Tripadvisor, just like anyone would.

At first I was uncertain about my decision because I didn't know which area would be good for my first trip to Phuket. But after travelling down, I know this is the place!

We wanted our trip to be safe and smooth. Thus, we booked a cab through them. Their cab price was reasonable, unlike another hotel which I've compared to. That cab driver was super friendly and quite good in english that it made our 50 minutes drive seemed like 15 minutes. Haha! We also booked a cab back to the airport later, no point bargaining for prices along the street when we need to catch the flight home also.
Cab prices are quite fixed there and hard to get a super cheap price too.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by the family, not a hotel reception.
Phil immediately upgraded our deluxe room to the mountain view room. It was already late but they still provided us with entertainment and information about the place. It's just hard to stop talking to them. Hahaha!

The room was super clean and the room gave me a sense of home. Logged on to their free wifi with our laptop and iphone without problems. Even though we are far away from home, we were still in touch with home. Top quality body wash and shampoo provided, you will smell fabulous after a good shower!

Phil gave us a personal tour of the area and from then on, we made our own journey by foot around. Villareal is located on the hillside. It is still accessible to the town area. There are two beaches, Kata and Karon where you can go to. Once, we saw this roadside Banana Pancake stall and it's love. Really have to try it if you see one! They have different "roti prata" with toppings done right in front of you.

Since it was the monsoon season, the rain has been coming down badly on the roof. After Phil and Jo knew about it and were worried about our sleep issues, they upgraded us again to the Executive Suite which was much spacious than our deluxe room!

Phil told us about the Pad Thai shop to have brunch. We tried all three pad thais - chicken, egg and prawn, beef krapow and beef kee mao, All of them were awesome and beware of the spice level! Haha!

On our last day of stay, we actually wanted to book a cab to Central Festival. But Phil and family offered to drop us off since they were sending Dobbie for his grooming and also save on the cab fare which indeed is expensive for such short distances.
We had time to go round Central Festival and got bored of the place and called Phil. Luckily they were only at Watsons and we got the ride back to Villareal without spending on cab again. Yay!

Phil and Jo are great listeners and take in every feedback which I have given them. Really appreciate what you guys have done for us and I will definitely refer all my friends and family who are coming to Phuket to stay at your apartment and get the best of what they are paying for as much as I have enjoyed mine!

** Do not book any tours from Give Gift Tours. Better to look for tours somewhere else than get ripped off there!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
0.7 km away
The Shore at Katathani
The Shore at Katathani
#1 of 56 in Kata Beach

Been to Villareal Heights? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK