“Going to Phuket? Stay here, it's that simple.”
Review of Villareal Heights

Villareal Heights
Ranked #5 of 64 Kata Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Arrived in Phuket airport very late at night and was picked up by taxi that Phil (the owner) had arranged. Took about 45 minutes in a/c taxi and when I got there I was greeted by Phil who showed me around the absolutely brilliant accommodation. Kitchen area, surround sound tv, very posh wc and wet-room, massive bed, must be 5m of floor to ceiling window/sliding door to look out of...

I can't believe I paid about £25 per night for this place! Phil took me around the island the next day and showed me good places to eat, go for a massage, see the sunset, etc and took me to a viewpoint where I gained an understanding of where everything was on the island. I was just around the corner from a garage and a convenience store, about a 10 minute walk from some good bars and maybe 25 minutes by foot from the beach. On the subject of the beach - it is simply beautiful and I recommend going there for sunset while enjoying a beer in Ska Bar!

Phil and his wife Joe could not have been more welcoming and were very helpful when I was planning my onward journey. The location, as I say was excellent. The room was outstanding. I can't recommend this place enough.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 August 2010

Phil gave us a warm welcome at the second the cab stopped in front of his office. He helped us with the luggage and showed our room. In the afternoon that day, Phil drove us to see the neighborhood. He introduced us Karon Beach, Kata Beach and Kata Noi. The view of the whole area from the Viewpoint was awesome! Then we were shown to some tasty restaurants and bars. Phil took us to have some Pad Thai and he even paid for that. btw, the food was great but we never found the place again...

Location: Villareal Heights is actually between Karon and Kata, 5 minutes' walk from the nearby Ptt gas station, and 15 minutes' walk to Karon Beach. This place is very quiet.

Room: We were staying in the execute mountain view suite. king size bed, 29 inches tv, dvd player, sofa, fridge, wardrobe... the room was cleaned as a new one every day.

Service: This is why they rate No.1 out of all hotels in Phuket. Phil and Joe recommended us which places were worthy to go, where to have great seafood, and so on. They are not only excellent hosts, but also reliable friends. Even little sweetie PJ and crazy dog Dobbie welcome strangers.

What a lovely place to stay! Guys, don't think for another second. Rating tells.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank YawenHe
Reviewed 14 August 2010

I chanced upon this apartment on Tripadvisor, just like anyone would.

At first I was uncertain about my decision because I didn't know which area would be good for my first trip to Phuket. But after travelling down, I know this is the place!

We wanted our trip to be safe and smooth. Thus, we booked a cab through them. Their cab price was reasonable, unlike another hotel which I've compared to. That cab driver was super friendly and quite good in english that it made our 50 minutes drive seemed like 15 minutes. Haha! We also booked a cab back to the airport later, no point bargaining for prices along the street when we need to catch the flight home also.
Cab prices are quite fixed there and hard to get a super cheap price too.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by the family, not a hotel reception.
Phil immediately upgraded our deluxe room to the mountain view room. It was already late but they still provided us with entertainment and information about the place. It's just hard to stop talking to them. Hahaha!

The room was super clean and the room gave me a sense of home. Logged on to their free wifi with our laptop and iphone without problems. Even though we are far away from home, we were still in touch with home. Top quality body wash and shampoo provided, you will smell fabulous after a good shower!

Phil gave us a personal tour of the area and from then on, we made our own journey by foot around. Villareal is located on the hillside. It is still accessible to the town area. There are two beaches, Kata and Karon where you can go to. Once, we saw this roadside Banana Pancake stall and it's love. Really have to try it if you see one! They have different "roti prata" with toppings done right in front of you.

Since it was the monsoon season, the rain has been coming down badly on the roof. After Phil and Jo knew about it and were worried about our sleep issues, they upgraded us again to the Executive Suite which was much spacious than our deluxe room!

Phil told us about the Pad Thai shop to have brunch. We tried all three pad thais - chicken, egg and prawn, beef krapow and beef kee mao, All of them were awesome and beware of the spice level! Haha!

On our last day of stay, we actually wanted to book a cab to Central Festival. But Phil and family offered to drop us off since they were sending Dobbie for his grooming and also save on the cab fare which indeed is expensive for such short distances.
We had time to go round Central Festival and got bored of the place and called Phil. Luckily they were only at Watsons and we got the ride back to Villareal without spending on cab again. Yay!

Phil and Jo are great listeners and take in every feedback which I have given them. Really appreciate what you guys have done for us and I will definitely refer all my friends and family who are coming to Phuket to stay at your apartment and get the best of what they are paying for as much as I have enjoyed mine!

** Do not book any tours from Give Gift Tours. Better to look for tours somewhere else than get ripped off there!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ermender
Reviewed 14 August 2010

We stayed here between resort stays in Phuket, and it was lovely break from hotel life to be welcomed by Phil & his wife Joe. They both made our stay a refreshing change from being one of number of "tourists". Phil organised Dental work for us & took us back and forth. Extremely pleased with the quality of service both at the Dentist and at Villareal. We also enjoyed time at Dukes Bar, Mark gave us great advice on restaurants etc for our next destination.
We enjoyed walking down to the beach & shops at Kata, no hassle to cross roads etc. Nice and cheap breakfast place next door to Villareal & heaps of options within walking distance to do.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2010

My trip to Phuket was the first time I travelled outside of the country with friends. I think it's safe to say that the trip wouldn't be half as awesome if we didn't stay at Villareal. The second we got there Phil came out to greet us and gave us a tour of the hotel and our room, which was very roomy and comfortable. He also took us on a tour of the whole area in his pickup - he recommended us restaurants, showed us the beach and even drove us up to Kata Viewpoint and Phromtep Cape, where all of us fell in love with the view. On our way back Phil drove us to the famous Pad Thai shop for lunch. He even paid for our first meal and we ended up having lunch there almost everyday since it's only a 5-minute walk away from Villareal. The location of the hotel is very convenient as it's walking distance for us to get anywhere - we just had to cross the road to get to a bevy of restaurants and shops. The two beaches (Kata and Karon) are also of walkable distance.

Phil and Jo were very accommodating and helpful throughout the entire trip (we were there for a week). They helped us with taxi bookings, recommended us places to eat and sometimes they would even drop us off at places that we would want to go. I even remember Phil burning us a DVD compilation of movies for us to watch. I don't think I would have gotten service and hospitality this amazing in any other hotel. Villareal has made my trip so memorable that I definitely see myself coming back to Phuket in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
0.7 km away
The Shore at Katathani
The Shore at Katathani
#1 of 56 in Kata Beach

Been to Villareal Heights? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK