All reviews runswick bay premier room sea view cleveland way balcony room north yorkshire coast cliff top evening meal beer garden small hotel kippers hotel restaurant lovely hotel smoked salmon relaxing stay yorkshire breakfast open fire
Reviewed 3 March 2017

Following a disastrous first night in a different location the night before, we were warmly welcomed to the Cliffmount by Gary. Our 3 night stay included lovely views, fantastic food, friendly and accommodating staff. The only downside was the all night noise from the occupants (who were fossil hunters apparently, doing fossily things) above us, which obviously had nothing to do with Gary. Our room was large, clean with plenty of space for our dog too, with a balcony complete with table and chairs. We would definitely stay there again, thanks to Gary and his staff's hospitality. Maybe suggest some noise repellent on the ceiling?

Room tip: Best views are upstairs premier, as long as you are dogless.
1  Thank nanpim2016
Reviewed 25 February 2017

We visited the Cliffemount hotel for one night in February 2017. The hotel was very quiet but the staff were friendly and attentive. We stayed with our dog and were given a room overlooking Runswick Bay, fabulous. The room was a good size, a great shower, the bed was very comfortable and everything was very clean. The TV was a bit on the small side, but watchable. We ate dinner and breakfast at the hotel. Both meals were cooked fresh and were very good. The house red wine we had was reasonable, but was very cold.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at Cliffemount hotel. Perhaps a little pricey for an out of season, but not massively so.

We enjoyed a morning walk along Runswick Bay beach. But be aware the walk down and up are VERY steep (the road sign says 1:4, but it seems steeper). There is limited parking down in the bay, but for a good work out try walking!

Room tip: Try and get a room with a view over Runswick Bay.
1  Thank yorkieg2015
Reviewed 20 February 2017

New owners - everything better ,food,hospitality,drinks and hygiene.great couple of days many thanks to all staff.walk to beach and a cosy pub in rusticity for a beer overlooking sea.all areas lovely and clean.

Room tip: Views with balconies a must.
2  Thank lumboref
Reviewed 19 February 2017

Highly recommended. Stayed for just one night in a premium room with our dog whilst walking along the Cleveland Way. Room was large with a commanding view of the beautiful Runswick Bay. Very welcoming and comfortable after a long walk. Enjoyed a good dinner and breakfast in the restaurant. Not surprisingly it was very quiet in February but the service was excellent.

1  Thank steveiii
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Looking forward to a coffee overlooking over Runswick as I was thinking of booking the hotel for my parents anniversary weekend. Outside was a blackboard saying coffees served , I called into reception no one there but I could see staff through a window and they could see me , they must have been having a break or meeting they totally ignored me . Perhaps customers and customer service should be a priority.I waited 10 minutes no one came so I left and will never return. I have booked another local country house hotel where I was welcomed and will spend my budget of at least £5000 there.

Trip type: Travelled solo