New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hamnhotellet Kronan

Hamnhotellet Kronan
Ranked #2 of 3 Landskrona B&B and Inns
Odense, Denmark
“Great little hotel, we enjoyed our stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

My husband and I just spent the weekend in Landskrona and booked this hotel via booking.com.

The hotel is located about a leisurely 10 minute walk to the center of town where there are restaurants and shops. We found a great Thai restaurant called Basillika to eat at - the food was delicious.

The hotel is three floors, the first one being the reception, rooms on the 2nd floor along with the breakfast room and then rooms on the 3rd floor. There are stairs and a lift. The hotel is secure by a code on the front door so that is nice.

Our room was large and faced the water. The double bed was really two single beds pushed together, but this seems to be the case in most of scandinavia. There was a desk a coatrack and a small indoor balcony that had 2 chairs and table. The bathroom had a simple shower.
The breakfast was very good. A very scandinavian breakfast with bread, cheese, meat, tea, coffee, museli, yoghurt, fruit, juice and a couple of hot things (scrambled eggs and sausages).

For the price and the rating, we thought this was a great place to stay and would definitely stay here again if in Landskrona.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Oslo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2011

The booking was made by telephone and I was informed that breakfast would start at 0600/0630, I cannot remember precisely which.
After booking-in and depositing my bag in the room I went in search of an evening meal.
As I passed the front desk I was told that breakfast would start at 0800 the next morning.
When I tried to check-out at 0700 there was no-one on reception.
Sometime later a lady came into the hotel and insisted that I pay for a breakfast that I never had.
Despite my protests I ended up paying for two breakfasts that morning and the hotel did not seem to care one way or the other so long as they got their money.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2010

We recently stayed two nights at the Hamnhotellet Kronan, Lanskrona and could not recommend it enough. We were a party of five, myself and partner with our two and a half year old and my parents and both rooms were clean and spacious with everything you could need. The friendly and attentive staff were very helpful and there is round the clock coffee, biscuits and fruit on offer which is much appreciated when travelling with a toddler. Excellent value for money, literally opposite the ferry to Ven and the breakfast is better than I have experienced in 4/5 star hotels in Stockholm and Goteborg.
The hotel is also very close to the restaurants, shops and bars of the town centre.
I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel and will definitely stay there again next time I am in Lanskrona.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Landskrona
0.4 km away
1.4 km away
STF Landskrona Vandrarhem
STF Landskrona Vandrarhem
#3 of 3 in Landskrona

Been to Hamnhotellet Kronan? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK