“Second time - Just as AMAZING”
Review of Pitzock

Pitzock
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Funes
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Slow Food Restaurant Slow Food Chefs' Alliance A network of chefs defending food biodiversity across the world
Reviewed 18 September 2017

So this was actually my second time to this gem of a restaurant. I came here last fall with a friend, and had to bring my husband this year. Pitzock offers unexpectedly sophisticated food in a teeny tiny town in funes. I have been all over this area - cortina, ortesei, etc. and I'd sort of resigned myself to meat heavy simple alpine food and mediocre pasta that was a step down from the food in the garda area. But Pitzock is more like French Laundry than a typical South Tyrol restaurant. The food is locally grown and locally inspired seasonal slow food. We had a hay milk mozererella salad (with edible flowers!) that was almost too pretty to eat, incredible dumplings and a sauerkraut dish that seemed like a risky choice but was AMAZING! I'm so glad I came back here!!! Also, as a new yorker, prices are incredibly reasonable. On par with other nice restaurants in the area but for MUCH higher end food.

1  Thank Caroline N

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

We have eaten here twice for dinner and found the food to be outstanding both times. The chef took personal interest in providing information on the locally sourced ingredients. The freshness can't be matched!

Reviewed 3 March 2017

Dining at Pitzock is definitely a must if you are in Val di Funes. We came for dinner (a family of five with three children) and had a wonderful experience. The chef -and owner- Oskar with his wife Ingrid offer a superb menu based on local products and/or Slow Food presidia. I had a pumpkin "capuccino" that was unforgettable and my husband found the local lamb extraordinary. The setting is unpretentious but meticoulously crafted (a blue "sheep" was standing by our dinner table) and the ambiance. The owners are very personable and interesting people and we did not feel that the price was too steep for what we received, especially considering the work and commitment that stand behind this operation. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Fantastic restaurant with great service. The food was very fine and well made and boasted with flavours and local ingredients. Furthermore, I was impressed with how the chef himself would come down and explain each dish he served us. Not the cheapest restaurant, but definitely worth the money. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

We stayed the night in St Magdalena and reserved here for my husbands birthday with two of our teenage children. The atmosphere is trendy and welcoming and the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. THe food was delicious and interesting because they are members of the slow food movement and so all the food was in season. The chef came to every table and explained what each course was and where the products came from - including nettles from his own garden and walnuts from the neighbours tree. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is interested in good quality seasonal food.