“worth the stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Scanterbury
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“worth the stay”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

the hotel was very clean, and modern, rooms had one of the best beds and pilliows i have ever had in a hotel, very surprising. the casino was alot of fun and had some neat games to play. the restaurant buffet was really good too, large variety of foods, the breakfast buffet in the morning was A++++. will def be coming here again to stay and play. well worth it. worth the stay and play packages you can get too. you really get your money out of it. only thing i would suggest to improve on is the statement that its a resort.. resorts normally have more than just a pool and a casino. never the less it was fun.

Room Tip: we stayed in the luxury king room, we wanted the grand suite but it was booked, so plan early unlike...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My boyfriend and I take the 45 minute drive from Winnipeg to take a short break from our hectic lives, which I don't think we could stand any longer than that. Check-in is usually fast and friendly. Casino is great. Rooms are clean. Bed is comfortable. The only thing lacking I guess is making it more "kid friendly". Maybe a waterslide and a HOT TUB!!!! Also, the food and service is lacking in the Mango Restaurant. Don't know what type of conditions you have to be working in to be rude ALL THE TIME. Need some training and revisions to the menu.

1 Thank wpggirl07
Winnipeg
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I booked a room for my husband's birthday and it was our first stay at South Beach. I was disappointed in booking only because all of their Luxury Kings rooms were taken so I booked a Deluxe King with a stay and play package. Very shortly after booking I recieved confirmation and they required information on 2nd guest for the Ocean Club Cards. In this response I requested to be put on a "cancellation list" if they happened to have a Luxury King become available so it would be a step up for my husband's birthday.
Well we arrived to a really nice clean open lobby, friendly staff at desk and I asked as I couldn't remember if I had booked a King bed or double and then I was told they upgraded us to the Grand Suite!!! Well not only was that very gracious but then in the room was a birthday card and a few chocolate kisses on the bed. It started our day and evening off great and it only got better. The room was fantastic I would recommend it to everyone it is well worth the price and we would book again for sure. The casino staff was incredible, very friendly and accomodating and the food and drinks were just as good. Pool was a nice size and clean and very spacious. (No hot tub though) Oh and the bed.... slept so well it was crazy comfy!

Overall..... you have to try South Beach it is well worth the trip we had a wonderful experience and will be going back very soon!

2 Thank DiLeeWinnipeg
winnipeg
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This casino rocks! Wonderful staff excellent buffet and who cares if you win or lose at the slots, you go out of there with a smile on you face!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank check-in-chick
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2012

i visited this casino this week. there was a promotion for a free buffet if you played in t he casino for 4 hours. We were hungry so just ate after 3!! With our club card ,which any visitor can get at no charge , you can receive 25% discount in the store - very unique gifts there too! The casino itself is very clean & spacious. The Blue Dolphin lounge sells bar food as well as liquor. Mango's restaurant has a great buffet & included free soda pop or coffee or tea. There were all sorts of salads, soup, pizza, roasted chicken, pasta & meat sauce, very tasty breaded fish, & all sorts of vegetables. There were also cakes & ice cream for dessert. The price was reasonable - $11.95 & much less with the card discount. The service was excellent. There is also a menu with different fare if you do not want the buffet. The Casino & the Hotel is decorated In Art Deco style & is very interesting. The hotel adjoins the Casino & look s very interesting. I have never stayed there - only wandered through The lobby & used the washrooms - which were beautiful!! This is well worth a visit - just an hour from Winnipeg.

Room Tip: I did not stay at the hotel. From the bit of it that I have seen it is very airy, & clean
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank growlysgirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scanterbury
39.6 km away
Spirit Rock Inn
#1 of 1 in Grand Marais
33.4 km away
Evergreen Gate Bed and Breakfast

Been to South Beach Casino and Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK