“Another Good Ghanaian Hotel Ruined by Hotel Indifference to Obscenely Loud Music”
Review of Aqua Safari Resort

Aqua Safari Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ada
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Excellent for breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and boat rides. Not so good for accommodation customer service.

This hotel is beautiful, if not bizarrely so, with its water features and live animals roaming the grounds. Add to this great meals and (albeit expensive) boat rides ($120 for one hour!) , I'd love to give it 5 stars.

Unfortunately, a recent stay has shown me that this hotel and its staff suffer from a typical Ghanaian problem - ear-bleedingly LOUD MUSIC ALL DAY, ALL NIGHT.

I arrived on a Friday, night and fell asleep, only to be awoken by my head and my room shaking with bass pounding 100 decibel (indoors where I was -I measured it with an iPhone app) music. The staff at the reception that I called at 2am first pretended that he did not know where the music was coming from, then, after calls back to him by 3 and 3:30 am, admitted that he knew that there was a Ghanaian funeral nearby.

Note: A Ghanaian funeral is a 12-18 hour obscenely loud music fest played through crappy speakers all day, all night.

The reception refused to do any of the following:
1. Move me to the other side of the hotel compound (the $220 rooms, not the $110 one I was staying at)
2. Ask the neighbor to lower or turn down the music (it was 2-3 am).
3. Call the police and file a police report.
4. Refund any of my money

I basically spent my whole night awake- in an out of headachy sleep, eating ibuprofen like candy and wearing foam earplugs that were not strong enough to keep this obscenely loud music from pounding in my head. I did not sleep all night, basically.

The next day, they attempted to move my room, but picked a room in the same block that was almost closer to the funeral party. (which had restarted by 10 am, after pausing at 7am)

I knew that this place would be a nightmare, but I had already paid $220 and they did not offfer to refund any of my money.

I left with friends and enjoyed a good night of sleep in a nearby $10 a night beach hut, and then returned Sunday morning to return my key card.

If you are a human being and need sleep, do not go to this hotel.

They do not care at all that you sleep.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

When you visit Ghana you would think you’re in a country bordering the ocean, however you don’t get the feel of you’re in an ocean town in Accra due to the polluted beaches! You will be pleasantly surprised though when you drive out to Ada! About an hour’s drive towards the west! En route almost at the last town before you reach The turn off to Ada, there’s a little town with a carpenter shop where they make artistic coffins. Stop next to the road and look at all the photos and the ones in his workshop, any shape like bottles trucks etc.

When you reach aqua safari resort you will embark on a serene experience on the Volta river.
Rooms are decent, service is slow (but that’s to be expected) ambiance great!

A must do is to go by boat to the mouth - the boat trips offered by the resort are expensive, we usually opt for the fisherman boats - ensure they also take you to the drinking island where you can see a local distillery and then also the crocodile island. Sunset awesome.
Set off to Ada as well and experience the white beaches and have a look at the local fishermen’s village.

Great swimming pool with coco bar at the resort where you can indulge in coconut drinks or local beers!

This is defo a must when you visit Ghana!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I visited aqua safari with my partner as was very happy. The surroundings are beautiful and the hotel was clean and tidy. The food was delicious and plentiful with an assortment of dishes. During a 2 night stay I never saw the same food twice in the buffet hall which was quite impressive. The room was a ok size however the only thing that let the rooms down was the poor lighting and it could have been slightly better maintained. Other than that everything was lovely. I visited the spa and was absolutely overjoyed. I have visited many spas over the years and this was by far the best, the staff were lovely and attentive. The massage was superb and I have never had a better pedicure in my life!! The spa definitely made my trip, and I would visit again!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colette E
Reviewed 15 September 2017

although its an extremely beautiful with a serene environment and aquariums your security is not assured, for a room worth 1300gh or so you will expect maximum security, but its the exact opposite. i left my phone in one of the rooms at the water front, and went out to get dinner (the room was locked) got back after 30 minutes coz i wanted to take pictures of the activities going on, and guess what my Iphone & jet black was gone, and my purse was turned upside down. everything else was in shape. turns out the sliding doors don't actually lock. which means it was clearly an inside job. the hotel manger promise to give us a feedback of their findings in 3 days, haven't heard from them since of what use is a beautiful place if your security is not assured?

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
6  Thank Samzy m
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Roomy conference room. Nice serene environment.
I really like the ecosystem with pleasant aquariums and wild life incorporation.

Nice get-away for the weekend as well.

Mixed feelings about how the whole environment was lit. They tried to make it dim, probably to give it a romantic feel... but i would love a brightly lit premise in the evening.

Room Tip: SU block. for a good view