All reviews water activities deluxe room conference facilities horse riding enjoyed our stay surrounding islands boat trip on the river accra environment rates
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

When you visit Ghana you would think you’re in a country bordering the ocean, however you don’t get the feel of you’re in an ocean town in Accra due to the polluted beaches! You will be pleasantly surprised though when you drive out to Ada! About an hour’s drive towards the west! En route almost at the last town before you reach The turn off to Ada, there’s a little town with a carpenter shop where they make artistic coffins. Stop next to the road and look at all the photos and the ones in his workshop, any shape like bottles trucks etc.

When you reach aqua safari resort you will embark on a serene experience on the Volta river.
Rooms are decent, service is slow (but that’s to be expected) ambiance great!

A must do is to go by boat to the mouth - the boat trips offered by the resort are expensive, we usually opt for the fisherman boats - ensure they also take you to the drinking island where you can see a local distillery and then also the crocodile island. Sunset awesome.
Set off to Ada as well and experience the white beaches and have a look at the local fishermen’s village.

Great swimming pool with coco bar at the resort where you can indulge in coconut drinks or local beers!

This is defo a must when you visit Ghana!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank GlobeTrotting735937
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I visited aqua safari with my partner as was very happy. The surroundings are beautiful and the hotel was clean and tidy. The food was delicious and plentiful with an assortment of dishes. During a 2 night stay I never saw the same food twice in the buffet hall which was quite impressive. The room was a ok size however the only thing that let the rooms down was the poor lighting and it could have been slightly better maintained. Other than that everything was lovely. I visited the spa and was absolutely overjoyed. I have visited many spas over the years and this was by far the best, the staff were lovely and attentive. The massage was superb and I have never had a better pedicure in my life!! The spa definitely made my trip, and I would visit again!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colette E
Reviewed 15 September 2017

although its an extremely beautiful with a serene environment and aquariums your security is not assured, for a room worth 1300gh or so you will expect maximum security, but its the exact opposite. i left my phone in one of the rooms at the water front, and went out to get dinner (the room was locked) got back after 30 minutes coz i wanted to take pictures of the activities going on, and guess what my Iphone & jet black was gone, and my purse was turned upside down. everything else was in shape. turns out the sliding doors don't actually lock. which means it was clearly an inside job. the hotel manger promise to give us a feedback of their findings in 3 days, haven't heard from them since of what use is a beautiful place if your security is not assured?

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
10  Thank Samzy m
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Roomy conference room. Nice serene environment.
I really like the ecosystem with pleasant aquariums and wild life incorporation.

Nice get-away for the weekend as well.

Mixed feelings about how the whole environment was lit. They tried to make it dim, probably to give it a romantic feel... but i would love a brightly lit premise in the evening.

Room Tip: SU block. for a good view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank saintclair2017
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We arrived for a nice meal along the river on a Sunday afternoon. We were met with blaring rap music containing the "F" word at least once in every sentence. The atmosphere continued to get worse from there. It is certainly not family friendly or even a "PG" establishment. We were embarrassed and left before the food was served. It is a shame something so beautiful was so tainted.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends