All reviews native choice dirt road hidden gem the owner an excursion everyday life piece of paradise tuna fajitas great food and great service delicious chicken pineapple plantation fettuccine off the beaten path bacalar lagoon rest and relaxation nice person
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

It was really nice, it’s private and really beautiful
Really clean nice service and best I know in Bacalar. The owner is really polite and he will treat you great, it’s a great place I recommend it for sure. :-)

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

I was so impressed with this resort. It was so beautiful and peaceful the rooms there were so clean and spacious and well supplied. The owner was a very friendly man and he made our stay that much more enjoyable. The landscaping was my favorite part the rock work and all the detail. And the water...... So blue. I totally recommend this place to anyone looking for a get away.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2018

I'll start by saying that I stayed here in February 2018 for two nights. I booked this hotel because I wanted to be on the Bacalar Lake but I wish I hadn't booked here.

THE BAD,
The photos make the water looks amazing, but that's not the case. The water is a darker murkier color than in the center of the lake, "downtown bacalar". Also, if you do decide to jump in the water be careful to not hurt your feet. As soon as I jumped for the first time I hit my foot on a rock and split my foot right open! Other parts of the lagoon have nice sandy bottom, this part of the lake is literally UNSWIMMABLE.

When booking with expedia the listing said the rooms had A/C but that was NOT the case! I was so upset because it's extremely humid and warm. I asked the manager if the A/C was working and they said they only turn it on a few months out of the year or something along those lines. I'm the type of person that has to sleep with an A/C on but since I couldn't, the best I could do was open the windows and have a cheap fan by my side. I literally woke up damp in my bed both mornings.

The breakfast is very basic, nothing special, maybe they don't have a big budget for food but I literally had to go to town to have a second breakfast because the included wasn't enough.

Also, the hotel is far from the main road. The road unpaved and its extremely bumpy, maybe around 6 miles of a dirt bumpy road, so be careful, not many taxis would want to put their car in those roads.

I also asked for a towel two times and I never received it.

*The hot water wasn't working during my stay, I'm not sure if its normal.

THE PROS

The hotel is secluded, not a lot of guests on the property. They have a few kayaks you can use during the day.

You do have a lake front view at this property but what's the use if you can't even jump in or actually swim.

I hate writing this review because I really wanted to like this place, I've traveled so much so my reviews have a lot of weight.

Beware.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andres E
Reviewed 9 March 2018

It was the best trip at lake Bacalar and small family resort at hidden Lagoon of Bacalar. Nice and clean cabanas with fan and AC with family friendly restaurant at resort offering the fresh and local food. Very nice starting point for kayaking into the hidden places of Bacalar lagoons. Peace and tranquility....and no much mosquitos in february :).
And we come from very far away from Europa, Slovenia :)

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Had the most amazing experience here at the Bacalar Lagoon Resort went to my brothers wedding early February and had an exceptional stay the staff are super friendly and the place is impeccable owner is the most friendly man I highly recommend this relaxing getaway.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends