All reviews perfect hosts rooftop terrace hidden gem perfect stay complimentary massage other guests friendly and helpful hosts emerald suite comfy bed continental breakfast local restaurants exploring malta lovely village tucked away wonderful place fresh fruit warm welcome
Reviewed 28 December 2016

We usually end up going to Malta every other year (we have friends and relatives living there) and for the last few years have stayed at this B&B in Naxxar with Malcolm and Alex. This was our third time in 6 years staying with them.

There isn't much to say that I haven't already said in previous reviews, but it is good to know that this lovely B&B remains as fantastic as ever, and Malcolm and Alex continue to provide a top class/ value for money service.

The B&B has been extended further since our last visit, and there is now a terrace wiih a pool....all very smart.

We were in one of the newer rooms and it was, as always, just perfect. Warm, dry, clean, comfortable, quiet. Breakfast was also up to the usual standard. There is always plenty, however many people are staying at the B&B at any one time.

Malcolm and Alex (and Stephanie and other staff) are superb hosts, and will do anything and everything to ensure your stay in Malta is memorable. They really do understand what providing a home from home really means....

We also love Naxxar.......and it is very central to get to any other part of the island.

We would not consider staying anywhere else in Malta, and we would totally recommend it to you!

Room tip: They are all good!!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2016

I had the pleasure of a brief stay at Chapel 5 recently, and the owners, Alex and Malcolm, couldn't have done more or been more welcoming. Their charming property is perfectly located near the centre of town.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

Very nice and comfortable stay. Extremely well taken care of and wonderful hosts.
My mother spoke very well about her staying here and can recommend this for anyone who wants the luxury and comfort of being in the loving care of the hosts. Five stars!

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 December 2016

The most wonderful and genuinely kind hosts I have experienced in a long, long time. I felt more like a friend than a hotel guest, which for me is rare. The room was beauitiful with a small private terrace. The breakfast was made according to my requests because of the low number of guests at the time of my stay. I was given a complimentary massage by a local message therapist - and requesting an additional 30 minutes was not a problem at all and I was only asked to pay a small amount for the extra 30 minutes. I was given fine advice regarding the local area and the restaurants as well as a voucher for a free cup of coffee at a local small coffee shop. All in all a wonderful hotel. And I look forward to coming back in the future. Highly, highly recommended to anyone searching for a genuine, autentic experience with exeptional hosts and personal service.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 November 2016

We have just returned from 3 days at this hidden gem & can't recommend it highly enough. Alex & Malcolm are friendly, convivial hosts, happy to help ( even ensuring we could watch the rugby on Saturday ). The rooms are beautiful with a Moroccan theme plus numerous terraces & pool areas to chill with a glass of wine.

The town is also picturesque with numerous options for dinner. We enjoyed great meat at the brass&knuckle, plazzo parisio is a gourmet treat in a beautiful location & the hosts at the old charm were great. A fabulous base to tour the Island or just chill.

Room tip: The red room is at the front so you will hear church bells on Sunday but not for long, plus' little balcony & large bathroom with big bath
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple