All reviews chicken shack onsite restaurant las galletas toaster and kettle apartment was spacious rocky beach basic hotel plenty of hot water bus stop communal areas bars and restaurants bit dated pool side lifeguard on duty self catering holiday whole complex plenty of sunbeds
Reviewed 24 April 2018

Nice apartments, very basic, in the old tourist area. Early season, pool was cold but in summer pool will be refreshing. There were some excellent restaurants nearby. 'Coral corner' , across the road' did an excellent Saturday night barbecue and the food was authentic and home made and delicious, great value too. The chicken shack on site is cosy and good for an evening game of pool. Very pleasant stay if you don't mind basic. The coast area is rocky and pebbly but there is a good bus service from outside the hotel to Los Cristianos and Playa Las Americas which have sandy beaches. about 1.50 Euros to Los Cristianos. Around 2 Euros to Las Americas. Near Alondras park there is a pleasant coastal walk along the sea front around the rocky bays.

Room Tip: Request a poolside room not a street room as it is quieter
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from alondras Park yesterday we got a cheap deal and 6 of us travelled. After reading all the reviews beforehand we were thinking what had we booked, however when we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly gentleman who give us 2 apartments .1 was a 2bedroom and the other a 1 bedroom. I asked for a kettle and was giving one( I didn’t have to pay ).The pool area is very nice and clean lots of sunbeds.The apartments are basic but are clean and spacious.The resort is a lovely place handy to get to anywhere by bus or taxi.We ate at the chicken shack a couple of times food fantastic!!
Also china town is just as good ! I would recommend this place if u don’t want 5 star and would rather spend money on other things it’s just the place I would definitely return

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights. We had a two bedroom apartment on the second floor, it had a balcony overlooking the pool.
Costa del Silencio is a quiet resort and a bit out of the way. We had hired a car which was a great move, enabling us to explore at will. There was plenty of parking outside.
Alondras Park provide basic, self catering accommodation. The place could do with a revamp but it is €46 a night for a whole apartment and use of the pools, so I guess you get what you pay for. We had clean beds and towels. We weren’t around enough to interact with the staff much, but we found them to be friendly and helpful.
There were 5 of us and only 4 beds, luckily there was a basic sofa bed which we used. The second bedroom had no storage space and the wardrobe space in the main room was a bit limited for 5 people. Some of our clothes remained in the suitcases for the duration.
The shower experience wasn’t the most pleasant; the bath didn’t drain very well and the shower head wouldn’t stay on the holder so you had to hold it in your hand to wash. Saying that, we didn’t complain as we were informed on arrival that ours was the better of the two apartments available. We didn’t want to spend our precious holiday time faffing and we decided to put up with it during our short stay.
If you want things like wifi, kettle and a whole array of other bits and pieces, it costs extra. We didn’t bother as we only really went to the complex to sleep.
The apartment got cleaned every two days.
I’d say this place is very reasonable at under €10 per person per night. I would recommend booking direct as travel agents don’t offer good value for this place. I can see why people paying £100s for this type of accommodation would be furious. But if you pay Alondras rates and you’re just after a clean place to stay, then it’s great value. Just don’t expect to be wowed out.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed a week here at the start of April. Got cheap flights and was looking for a cheap place to sleep. Read all the reviews before hand and have to say they are all correct.
I was looking for a clean apartment, a comfy bed and a pool with sun loungers....and that's what we got...nothing more.
The apartment is the most basic....think no extras. No tv, no microwave, no kettle, no iron, no hairdryer. I ended up bringing a tablet to throw a film on and travel kettle, iron and hairdryer...and was glad I did as the reception staff are unhelpful and unfriendly, with the middle aged blonde woman being downright rude(although we got shambu to order us a taxi to the airport and he was very helpful!)
If this bothers you it could ruin your holiday but I tried to have as little dealings with them as possible.
As others have stated it is very dated but it has what you need.
It's in a great location for pottering around the lovely quiet resort. There are a couple of hiperdino supermarkets nearby... the closest is handy for fresh bread and the further one used by the locals so a lot cheaper.
There are some lovely places to eat nearby topped by the chicken shack on site. Don't think greasy cafe
as the name suggests....it is a lovely restaurant with an al a carte menu...daily specials, a nice ambience and great friendly staff! We ate here a few times and it was all fabulous....and cheap...two could get starters, a main and a bottle of house wine for around €30...with a lovely free shot at the end of the meal!
I have to say that we enjoyed the lovely pool area. The lifeguard keeps the pools spotless...there are plenty of sunbeds...the pool bar is lovely with nice cheap snacks and a 3 hour happy hour with 1.50 pint of lager and €3 cocktail menu which were delicious! Also the pool bar plays the best music all day...we never used our headphones at all.
We had our bed sheets changed once during the week, cleaned and fresh towels every other day so no complaints there.
We ended up on the albatross bar nearly every evening where there was good entertainment on nightly.
If you like an Indian meal then at the end of the main street is Bobbys 2.... one of the best Indians I've ever eaten and very reasonable prices.
Overall we had a nice holiday even tho the hotel could improve a lot of things from the apartments to the staff. I would stay again if I got another really cheap deal here.
Lastly I have to mention that the weather was a bit hit and miss at the start of April...although we couldn't blame the hotel for That!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2018

What everyone’s saying is true the staff are rude the apartment is very dated you’ve even got to pay 20 euros for a kettle it’s very noisy from 4.30 in the morning till 2 am there is 4 children who l think live there that is running and shouting for hours of an evening, but on the plus side the Chicken Shack was good and the staff there friendly

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple