Hotel Equatorial Penang(Bayan Lepas)(Great Value!)
US$ 86
US$ 82
  • Breakfast included
US$ 265
  • Breakfast included
Eastin Hotel Penang(Bayan Lepas)
US$ 81
US$ 69
Vistana Penang Bukit Jambul(Bayan Lepas)(Great Value!)
US$ 71
US$ 45
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 59/night.

US$ 37
US$ 30
Agoda.com
  • Pool
TH Hotel Penang(Bayan Lepas)
US$ 52
US$ 32
Arena Residence(Bayan Lepas)
B Hotel(Bayan Lepas)
TripAdvisor
Apple 1 Hotel(Bayan Lepas)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsconvention centerclean hotelbuffet breakfasta high floor roomconcierge servicequeensbay mallfood courta wonderful staybusiness hotelnon smokingchinese new yearclose to the airportking bedfree shuttle servicenasi lemakbusiness triproom service
Reviewed 5 July 2018

I have never left a review lower than a 3 star review, and I always make sure I review wherever I have stayed.I will start by saying that there were positives to this hotel, the rooms were basic but clean. The food was limited if you're after healthy options but decent enough (Their chips are great). Furthermore, all the staff we encountered were polite.

However, on the second night of our stay, as we lay in bed, we heard a bang, and then the power went out. We assumed this was the whole hotel but then realised it was just our room. I then smelt a burning smell and noticed, using my torch, that the plug next to the bed was smoking. Upon further inspection, the circuit had obviously overloaded, and there were singe marks around the plug. My phone had been plugged in and the charger was black with singe marks around the connector and on the pins.

We rang down and a handyman came and reset the system so we had power again, but by this point it was 11pm and we had to be up for a race at 5am so we asked if we could speak to the manager the next day. My charger was totally broken and clearly was going to need to be replaced.

However, when we spoke to the manager the next day, he was apologetic but said he couldn't do anything about it and needed to seek approval from his higher manager. It was promised that they would whatsapp me to get it sorted. Four days later I finally got an email telling me they had inspected the room and there was no issue and basically they would be doing nothing about it. I emailed back a follow up as it was their room that caused my charger to break and they are not cheap and they are now choosing to refuse to get back to me.

All in all, if this had been worse, in the middle of the night, while we slept, this is clearly a safety issue, which we highlighted to them and they didn't seem to care about.
Overall I am very disappointed with the way they have dealt with this issue and I would recommend people are very careful with their electrical items if they stay here. One of the plugs in the room was already faulty so this is obviously an issue they have.

Room Tip: Check your plugs carefully and think twice about using them while you sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Company Luncheon at this hotel just a normal Lunch Buffet. Just below average. No extraordinary. Foods more on local and less selection.
Restaurant space bit small for crowd. The ambient just nice. May or maynot come again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 4 weeks ago

Dear lukepj21,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts following your recent stay at Olive Tree Hotel. We regret that the food served is not up to your expectation. Your constructive feedback is highly appreciated and will certainly review for necessary improvements. Thank you and we hope to have the pleasure of being at your service again.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel was in a good position, short walk to tram, quick tram (2stops) or walk to Jaffa Gate and old city. Some staff were not very friendly but the restaurant and bar staff were great! The night bar manager was fantastic! Friendly and great humour. The rooms were well equipped but not clean. I suffered hay fever whenever I was in the room. Good shopping within hotel, variety and reasonable prices. Enjoyed the food, good selection, particularly large dessert selection each night.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SamKlintworth
Management response:Responded 4 weeks ago

Dear SamKlintworth,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, however we would like to bring to your attention that you are reviewing a wrong hotel. Our property is called Olive Tree Hotel, Penang and we are located in Penang, Malaysia. Nevertheless, we hope you will visit us sometime in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Just back from Penang and was staying at this hotel. Place is quite clean and staffs are generally friendly except the reception.

Swimming pool is small but with nice design, some corner area of pool is dirty. Unfortunately there is no kids pool.

Room service is good and responsive. But the room's aircondition giving us a bad experience. No matter how you set the temperature it will drop back to 20 Celsius degree which is too cold for us at night and due to that I down with flu (even with blanket). We have made few complaints and the hotel sent few technician over but never able to resolve the issue completely.

The breakfast is value for money and the restaurant staff is friendly. Our room view quitr nice facing the concention center.

May visit again provided the hotel can assure us the aircondition system is fixed.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 20 June 2018

Dear Steve Ng,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Olive Tree Hotel.

Your feedback on the swimming pool, air-cond is noted and be rest assured that the appropriate actions have been taken. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

However, we are glad to know that you like our swimming pool design and have enjoyed your dining experience with us.

We look forward to have you back with us.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel is nice and surrounding by stadium, sports complex, industrial factories, shopping malls, food restaurants etc. The room is confortable and got the very nice view of Penang island in the day or night time. Beside the hotel got Syed Mamak Coffee House, coffee shops walking distance. The facilities of the hotel are good.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 20 June 2018

Dear Ongbb,

We are delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay at Olive Tree Hotel. Your positive comment is much appreciated and we look forward to welcome you back.