All reviews would stay here again quiet place nice balcony three nights la digue island air conditioning fruit juliette banana scr villa bike house jetty beaches accommodation
Reviewed 4 November 2015

Thank you so much for everything, this was my perfect holiday:
Cosy and very clean room in a cute and quiet house near the forest in beautiful natural surroundings, Tannette and her staff so welcoming, helpful and friendly all the time - and breakfast and dinner - outstanding! I was really happy and felt at home there from the start.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank ladigue2015
Reviewed 18 October 2015

Had a great stay of some 3 days here recently. Fortunately I had decided to travel very light (just one bulging rucksack for 2 weeks!), so it wasn't that terrible a walk from the ferry pier. You head south down the main road out of the center of La Passe, and it's a dirt road on the left (there should be a sign at the end of the road). Then you have to walk all the way down that road until it ends. Figure 15-20 minutes on foot. Once you've dropped your things and rented a bike (Rs 100 a day from the guesthouse), it won't matter so much...it's just the transfers to and from that might be a pain if you've traveled too heavy. But the same can be said about many of the other guesthouses.

Rooms are basic but come with safes and ensuites. They have simple wall air cons but, as in all the Seychelles, you're encouraged to run only when you're in the room, if that. I found it useful around 7 p.m. after a long day of sweating and turning red (the humidity is pretty relentlessly heavy if you're from anyplace north of Florida).

Breakfasts start at 8 and are really good, with a fruit course, a toast course, and a main item like crepes or lightly fried fish sticks or something like that. Those are included with the room cost. I didn't try the dinner at Rs 250 but wish I had considering that a few others tried it on the last night I was there. Multiple courses and looked very good.

I hope they can save the forested area in front and around the compound...while there I saw a male paradise flycatcher fly through there.

Common areas are useful...there's a frig for beer and a kitchen for self-catering (if you must), as well as a living room with a sofa and a TV receiving over-the-air channels (President Michel speaks to the UN! Riveting). But the humidity drove me outsode to the porch and the better breezes there. The first night was the best...I'd gotten cans of Phoenix, crackers and other processed food for snacks and had a Paul Theroux book to read and sat out on the porch, watching a routine rain I was glad not to be caught in, but in the calmest, most still kind of backdrop imaginable. Sublime. If you're an introvert, that is...extroverts need to bring their own converation buddies or entertainment, as 8 p.m. is considered late for a grocery to be open, there's not much nightlife in the town and no street lighting.

I can't really comment on the Internet except to say DON'T go to La Digue expecting cybercafes to do the trick. I'm a smartphone Luddite and the tablet was too much to carry, but both the possible cybercafe places were closed all three days I was there. Most stores don't post hours and think nothing of being closed for days on end. This is not Switzerland.

Overall this is a great place for all but the most luxury-addicted or Fussy. I give it 5 stars rather than 4 based on value, as it was also the best value for money of the three places I stayed in the Seychelles.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank ploughman8
Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

A 15 min walk from the jetty. If you have tons of luggage you may want to rent a bike but we happily walked knowing that her bike rental rates are cheaper and we would not have to bother with a bike return before our early ferry. Be warned- no matter where you get your bike they are all ramshackle. Salt air and worst of all- sand! This is a deadly combination for bikes. Derailed chains and flats are simply a fact of life on La Digue. Should your bike go down Tannette will hand you another. There are only limited paved or street lit roads on La Digue so you will access the villa thru a gravel track through a typical La Digue neighborhood. Her gated villa is at the very end. Upon entry you will notice the open air dining cabana on your right. You can choose the B&B option or additional meals. There is a full kitchen and dining area in the villa for your use if you prefer to cook your own meals. Air conditioning in your room is very nice and the showers were roomy and attractively tiled with the native pink granite. The beds were comfortable and charmingly decorated with swan folded towels and hibiscus. There are no TV's in the bedrooms-one is in the living room area. When Tannette realized that we would miss our breakfast due to our early ferry she graciously woke very early to make us a delicious breakfast of fresh fruit, cheese, toast and local banana and mango preserves for the 4 of us. Her villa is well maintained and her garden landscape is charming. We enjoyed being away from the typical tourist noise and feeling like we were locals.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2015 via mobile

We stayed 10 nights and enjoyed this wonderful place very much. The rooms are very clean and cleaned every day. The breakfast is sensational, it includes tropical fruit and different homemade jams every morning, plus a special like pancakes or omelette.
It is located in lands with view of the rain forest and only a few minutes per bike to the beaches. The island is rather small so everything is reached perfectly per bike that you can also rent at the premise.
The road to the main road can be a little bumpy and has pot holes, however contrary to other comments this is no problem - even at night (if you have a flashlight on your phone).

The hosts are very helpful and friendly and take care of any question you could have.

We can only recommend this place. The rooms are small, but most of the time you would want to be outside in the warm beautiful weather.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2015

It's the 3rd time I have stayed at Tannette's and I'll be back again soon. It's in a great location in the centre of the island, convenient for everything and quiet. There's people about if you want to talk, but it's also possible to have time on your own. Tannette and her helpers are extremely kind and helpful; the food is excellent. Remember to have dinners there too!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo