1,985 results
All reviews chagres river monkey bar tour desk aerial tram panama canal swim up bar caravan tour hammock on the balcony gift shop all inclusive package night tour orchid garden free night rainy season river view embera indian village a la carte
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Did this group tour based on the “wildlife “
it declared that we would see... we did see howler monkeys jumping around
A few ducks and butterflies....

Went by one lowly tanker and cruise ship... again nothing as exciting per the description. But I can say I have been on the Panama Canal... very pricey...

Reviewed 21 February 2018

But the resort is very old and tired. For how much we spent (through an agency) for a dream honeymoon, this resort was a huge disappointment. We even transferred to a different room half way through our stay hoping to improve the situation but unfortunately it only got worse. The possibilities with this resort could me amazing. The location is spectacular and the view (if you have a patio door that opens) is amazing. I was so looking forward to this stay, but we left very disheartened. The service was lazy, the food was nothing to write about and the bar area was a sad display of a sad resort. If I ever hear of new management and an update, I would give it another go. Until then.......save your money.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

This place is exactly like it appears online. The pool is beautiful and the rooms, although slightly dated, are clean and comfortable. I loved the hammock on the balcony! My boy friend and I utilized the tour desk in the lobby. We booked our excursions online before the trip, I would do this although you totally don’t need to. You can pay for the excursions at the desk when you arrive. We did the monkey island boat tour, the sunset boat tour (we were the only ones), and the aerial tram. We also did the free night time safari. All of the excursions were a lot of fun and I would recommend. I also loved just hanging at the pool.
The only reason why I will not give this place a 5: the all inclusive confusion. We paid for the all inclusive option which is not heavily advertised. They give you a wrist band and you have unlimited drinks as well as food at the buffet. Prior to arriving at the resort I expect other food options but he buffet was the only option for the all inclusive. Since we were only eating there for two nights it was not a big deal. We also drink a lot so the all inclusive was so worth it! Less than 100$ a day for both of us.
Overall I loved this resort! We stayed for three nights then spent 6 nights at a beach resort (I think this is a great way to experience Panama).

1  Thank Kelsey D
Reviewed 19 February 2018

This is a tired, dated resort that seems to cater to large bus tours. We paid top dollar for a room with a broken dresser, non-working fridge, noisy a/c. The staff were nice but seemed overworked. The Monkey Bar restaurant was mediocre food with slow service. However, the location is amazing. Buffet breakfast was great, pool area decent, view from our room (and apparently every room) spectacular. We did a boat tour, night safari and walking tour. The guides were excellent and very knowledgeable and personable. If you want a rainforest experience I do recommend this resort but with lowered expectations.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lesliekap
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I experienced the Gamboa Combo package which included the canopy tram and the ability to view the Chagres River, The Panama Canal, surrounding rainforest, butterflies, orchids, sloths, anteaters, and porcupine. Finally, Tamarin and capuchin monkey. Our guide, Jaz (Yaz), excellent, friendly, and very knowledgeable. A must in my opinion.