“Had a great overnight trip, comfortable, peaceful and full of activities” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jungle Land Panama: Day Excursions

Jungle Land Panama: Day Excursions
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Gamboa
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer the best day tours on the Panama Canal. Our tours showcase the flora, fauna, and the Canal operations. For a very unique experience we operate the only floating lodge on the Panama Canal. Don't just visit the Canal "LIVE IT!"
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Groton, Connecticut
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Had a great overnight trip, comfortable, peaceful and full of activities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Went to Jungleland with my Mother (71yo) ,my sister, my wife and 3 young teenagers. We stayed overnight...had the place to ourselves overnight till about noon the next day. Kayaking, swimming, fishing and the night safari, all were extremely fun and exciting for all. Accomodations were comfortable and clean, staff was courteous and nice. It was a great way to spend overnight and the following day.

Visited March 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Finnish first
Dallas, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't Miss This and Spend The Night (or Two)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Captain Carl's tour was probably the highlight of our 16 day trip in Panama. We spent one night there and wish we had spent 2. Trying to make the reservations took some patience but I quickly saw the pattern, he answers emails very early in the day and very late at night. That's because the rest of the day he is providing personal attention to his guests. I was a bit nervous about the pick-up and drop-off because the details were a bit unclear to me but he makes arrangements to have you picked up at your hotel and they drop you off at the marina where Carl meets you. He then takes you on a tour of the canal -- his tour was very detailed and he is at least bilingual (Spanish & English). He really went above and beyond for our stay. The houseboat is exceptionally clean, the food and drinks are plenty and tasty, the exotic animals are fun, and being on Lake Gatun is magical. Plus, Carl is an interesting man to talk too. Semper Fi!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank cindypps
Whitehorse, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Highly recommend!
This was definetly an experience
got to see monkeys...baby aligators, birds ect
I didnt get to see my sloth but thats life
yummy lunch and great boat rides
LOVED how hands on it was
I ended up flipping my Kayak as it was filled with water
but to say the least I have a great story to tell haha!
Come visit us in the Yukon carl if you want some adventure!

Phoenix, Arizona
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great day trip to see the jungle and the canal as well as experience some exotic animals close-up”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Did the “One day Eco tour” on the Panama Canal with Carl and his crew. Great experience and highly recommended for anyone staying in/around Panama City and have a full day to dedicate to some adventure. Ages within our group ranged from 8 year olds to 70 year olds – and all had a great time.

During the trip you get to experience many different things; Lots of animals and beautiful nature all around. Plenty of photo opportunities during the entire trip. We saw crocodiles, monkeys, beautiful nature, waterfall, expansion of the canal project, large ships passing through the lake etc.

I might want to recommend people to try and stay onboard his “floating lodge” overnight – I somewhat regret I didn’t do it this time, but there’s always a next one! A few people in our group stayed overnight and we were all jealous as we had to leave while they continued enjoying the peace and tranquility that Carl’s lodge offered in the middle of the jungle.

New York City
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A Lot of Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

This tour is very varied and led by Carl who owns a houseboat on the lake. His commentary is funny and the day included a motor boat tour of the lake with information about the canal, seeing (and feeding) the monkeys, lunch on a houseboat and then a choice of an afternoon activities. We chose to kayak with a small group to the waterfall, which was terrific.
Upon our return Carl introduced us to his animals.
A totally fun filled day.