“Lovely caravan”
other travellers have booked this property
Side View with lockable gate Lounge
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Side View with lockable gate
Lounge
Kitchen
Open plan kitchen / living area
Dining area
Main Bedroom
Twin Rooms x2
Shower room
Shower
2nd toilet (cloak room)
Hopton Beach
Hopton Beach
View of the sea from caravan
Access to beach from Waterside (view to Gorlestone)
Cliff access to beach from Waterside (slope further down)
Cliff top view towards Corton / Lowestoft from Waterside
View and parking outside caravan
Meet Polly, Greedy, Anxious, Ned & Rory the Hopton Characters!!
Show Bar
Outdoor pool
Swimming pool and water shoot
Splash Zone
Outdoor area
Outdoor area pool and crazy golf
Outdoor pool
27 Waterways
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Mrsanon
Leicestershire
“Lovely caravan”
Reviewed 17 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Just spent a weekend in this caravan and we were very pleased with it.
Communication with owner re getting key was excellent.
Everywhere was really clean and well presented and included all we needed. A lovely holiday home.
It was in a lovely quiet area of the park very close to steps down to the beach.
Would definitely book this caravan again.

Carol C
Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed 8 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

My friends and I just stayed for a short weekend break and loved it. All linen provided and it was very clean. All communication to the owner was answered very quickly. Lovely camp to stay in.

Travelling group: Friends
r0bbie197...
Stamford, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 2 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

A well presented caravan, that was spotlessly clean and tidy overlooking the sea in a quiet part of the Hopton Holiday village complex.

All you need was included, linen, did player, even toilet roll and washing up liquid !!

We hope to book again next year.

Thanks Rob and family

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Liked best: Linen included in price.......also very quiet
Liked least: Nothing
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
2 Nov 2015
Thank you, look forward to your booking.
Neil B
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Hopton Holiday Park - Great Location”
Reviewed 29 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

I visited the Haven Holiday Park with my wife and two children (one 7, one 2). This is the 2nd time this year we have visited the site as not only does it serve as a great base for the numerous attractions around Norfolk, but also because the site has a large number of on-site activities.

When we arrived at the park at approximately 5pm on Friday 24th October we were served immediately by one of the many friendly reception staff who were working at this time. We were pleased to discover that our Superior plus caravan had been upgraded to a Deluxe which was a nice touch. (Thurlton area)

The collection of the keys was simple and we were given clear directions to our caravan.

Upon entering our caravan, we were somewhat disappointed to discover that we had no heating, nor did we have any bed linen. We had the duvet's within the wardrobe but no sheets or duvet cover and so I had to go back to the reception area to query this. I was assured this would be looked into and by the time I returned to the caravan a staff member had already beaten me their to supply us with bed linen.

An hour went by and nobody had been to visit about our heating, which we were somewhat aggrieved about due to the fact we have young children so I went back to reception just after 6pm and queried this. I also queried the fact that we had no towels to be told that these are only provided if you order the Platinum package, otherwise they are available to hire at £10.

Another 90 minutes went by and we still had no heating. It was now 7.30pm which is when we normally put the children to bed but as the caravan was so cold we were sitting up in our coats. I decided to contact the out of hours service after which a maintenance man came round only to discover that we had 2 empty bottles of gas outside our caravan, which explained why we couldn't get our heating on.

It was after 8pm (3 hours) after check in when another man came and fitted our gas to allow us to get some heating.

My son has a skin condition which makes him allergic to dust-mites. The 2nd day when we woke up we noticed a significant deterioration in the condition of his skin, which we partially attributed to the cleanliness of the caravan, so we felt obliged to give the caravan a clean ourselves to help with this.

On the 2nd day, I was given a courtesy call from the reception where I was asked if everything was ok. I mentioned the heating issues we had where the receptionist asked if everything was fine now. I replied in the positive but there was no sense of apology for the inconvenience that we suffered. I explained the fact that we felt we lost our Friday nights visit to the entertainment complex whilst we awaited for an engineer only to be told that engineers have master keys and we didn't need to stay in and wait for him. Unfortunately it was too late at this point.

That's the negative. The positive is that the site itself is very large, the staff provide a large entertainment programme which caters for all age (albeit geared towards the under 5's). There are lots of additional activities, such as archery, fencing which is all supervised by qualified staff.

The grounds itself are clean and in good condition. There is a large bar area where families can enjoy a drink and a meal within the main entertainment complex. We enjoyed playing Bowlingo and the various rides/arcades within.

The site boasts a large swimming pool complete with splash area and water slide. This is free to use but does get rather crowded so not recommended for the serious swimmers.

There is a large entertainment complex which is family friendly and what you would expect to see from a camp site.

Location wise this site is brilliant. Only a 10 minute drive to Yarmouth sea front with Wroxham, Norfolk Broads all within close vicinity. We would certainly like to come again and would highly recommend it to families who want a break to Norfolk. The negative experience we suffered on the first night is the only reason I am not scoring this 5*

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: On Site Facilities
Liked least: Arrival
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
2 Nov 2015
My caravan is private letting only. Hopton staff not involved with my lettings. This is not my caravan or my review. AB 2/11/15
peterbate...
Derby, United Kingdom
“Hopton on Sea Holiday Break”
Reviewed 26 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

A very clean site and the caravan was excellent, the staff were very helpful and supplied us with information regarding local buses. This site is excellent for exploring the area by local bus ie Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft and Southwold all worth a visit.,
We also visited Horsey Mere by car only a half hours drive away, which is owned by the National Trust, from there we went on a nature trail boat trip and our guide the boat skipper was most informative in identifying the different birds and other wildlife on route. The cost was £8 50 each but was well worth it for the good hour we spent enjoying the boat cruise.
Well worth a second visit.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
2 Nov 2015
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing