Old Mill Hotel
Poplar House(Batheaston)
US$ 145
Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$ 220
US$ 93
US$ 140
  • Restaurant
1,256 results
All reviewsriver viewwater wheelbuffet stylefull englishfour poster bedyogurtavonwaterwheelengland
Reviewed 8 June 2012

The hotel is a fair distance from the centre of Bath and a taxi was needed on many occasions. However we were lucky with the beautiful weather and the 45min walk along the canal into the city was very enjoyable. The area of Batheaston is gorgeous and there are a couple of pubs and restaurants to enjoy.

The only problem we had was that we booked a double room and were greeted by two single beds. Because the hotel was fully booked we couldn't swap rooms and had to push the beds together. Apart from that the room was nice, lovely bathroom, in the main part of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lulu192
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We stayed at the old mill in March 2011 had a nice room with a view of the river and four poster bed. Breakfast was very good. The hotel is in need of a bit of a makeover as its looking a bit tired but for what we payed its what I would expected. There were a couple of bar / restaurants just over the bridge the first was very modern and had great food and the one further on was old and usual pub grub.

We walked into bath along the canal which is located by walking over the bridge past the first bar and along the country road til you get to the old pub and the canal is up a few steps past that pub, to get to bath turn right at the tp of the steps and walk for about 30 mins.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline R
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Having booked in advance and checked there was a 4 poster bed and views over the mill and river we arrived for husbands 60th Birthday Celebration to a slightly warm welcome and then were told no the room booked did not have a 4 poster bed. On asking could we change we were told the hotel was fully booked. I explained I had checked this out and this was special occasion etc.....but to no avail. The room was fine. The cleaning was the only thing i could actually say was excellent about the whole stay however. My husband spent several hours sleeping on the floor!! as the bed was soooooo soft we rolled into each other (possibly nice but not on a hot summer's night). The breakfast warranted a mere 6 out of 10 score and no more. Shame, we were looking for a much better experience. To say they offer luxury toiletries is rather stretching it - small plastic filled sachets to be found in some of the cheaper places we have stayed in. Sorry, we could not say we would stay again.....a tip for the management...an offer of a bottle of wine or sparkling something would have gone down well, and perhaps someone asking at the end of the stay were things ok or not? - or at least a form to fill in...but as nothing was forthcoming I've taken to typing this personal report.

Room Tip: There are many other hotels in Bath so go to one of them
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We stayed for 1 night in January only place we could find at short notice. Chose to stay again this weekend to access the canal for cycling. Lovely setting, room this time in the lodge was so hot, unbearable but breakfast very good as last time. However, manners of the staff were as bad as last time. Had an eastern european lady sitting on the floor outside our room an hour before our check out time waiting to clean the room, very irate we were not out and had already entered our friends room while they were at breakfast at 9am checkout was not until 11. Hotel manqger also no manners. Asked for toast not to be brought before we had our breakfast and to have it at the end, You would have thought we had asked him to commit a crime. lovely setting no manners

Room Tip: dont stay in the lodge, very small hotel better rooms but hot when the heating is on would still return as lovely setting
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ann b
respondance, Manager at Old Mill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for your comments of which I have spoken to my housekeeping staff.
I am sorry that you feel that both my housekeeping staff and myself have no manners. I can remember you asking me for your toast at breakfast after you had your cooked breakfast and I asked you to let me know when you wanted it. I am sorry if you felt that the way it was said to you was that I had no manners, its my London up bringing when I said and I quote " ok sir give me a shout when you want it"

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Booked in as close to our friends as we could, who we were to visit. Lovely setting by the river but the experience in the Lodge was not one we will repeat. The room is 12t by 9ft, with two single beds put together. A pity they forgot to put the springs in with them!! Not enough room to pass each other round the beds. Poor cupboard about 18 inches wide! Would not want to stay there for more than one night. Shower ensuite not too bad with big shower cubicle. there is a nasty brown drip from above the door which has stained the bottom of the door on the outside, surely they must see this? The decor is very tired and the windows open onto the walkway so at night anyone could hear you talking. Very very hot in the room and we slept badly. Could only get a pizza at 9.00pm but that was our fault, the waitress was very pleasant though. Breakfast was reasonable but nothing to rave about. Our friend dropped us off at the hotel but just to go over the bridge and do that cost 60p each way even though we explained that we wre only being dropped off. For what we paid at £70 this was not a good experience and i would advise that if you do stay here insist on a room in the main building.Otherwise avoid this like the plague. Do hotel directors ever read this stuff? If they do they must be thick not to take heed. heigh ho..ther is always the travel lodge!!

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends