Review Highlights
Highlight of my trips!

I’ve gone horseback riding with Nic at Santorini horse riding two years in a row! I traveled solo... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
tiffanydubeau
Mahone Bay, Canada
via mobile
Beach Ride

When I travel places I typically find myself looking for riding experiences. I found this in my... read more

Reviewed 31 October 2018
Latasha K
North Dakota

Recommended experiences in and around Megalochori
from US$ 127.17
from US$ 982.65
from US$ 63.58
More Info
All reviews eros beach an experienced rider hour ride beautiful horses riding experience see you soon enjoyable ride my fiance amazing experience take pictures megalochori village two hours could not have been more stables riders rode bakery
Reviewed 10 July 2018

If you have the opportunity to do this, DON"T HESITATE.
The people who take care of the horses and offer the tours feel like friends after 10 minutes of knowing them. The horses are taken care of so lovingly and it's very obvious. The tour itself is the best part. Imagine the scenery in Santorini- and then imagine yourself riding a beautiful horse over fields with wild flowers, the beach, and some areas where they grow grapes for wines. Seriously- don't miss the opportunity.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank AGloates
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Our family took a two hour horseback ride to Eros Beach in June, 2018. Three members of our party had not ridden horses before and were initially quite anxious, but the staff did an excellent job of addressing initial concerns and our family throughly enjoyed our two hour ride.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank dave j
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We did the Megalochori Village tour and it was great! Our guide even took pictures of us along the journey and we got to see really neat vineyards. The horses we clearly cared for and the owners love what they do! One of the owners even took the time to drive us to our next excursion after our tour-- so sweet! Highly recommend if you are looking for a fun activity near Fira.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank Patricia R
Reviewed 19 June 2018

This is something we'd planned and after reading the reviews hoped it would be as great as promised - and it was!

We were picked up at our hotel in Oia for the 30+ minute ride to the stable. Being equestrians you never know how well horses for these type of ride are kept but ours and the facility were in amazing shape. The horse are well cared for, not over worked, well fed, properly groomed and the tack was in perfect shape. We ended up using western rather than the English saddles we'd requested but other than that all was well.

We booked the private 3 hour sunset tour to the beach which, with transport, was 320 Euro but well worth it.

Upon arrival our horses were tacked and ready and we took a 30-40 minute ride down to the beach through some of the most gorgeous volcanic scenery you can imagine. The trail is tough but the horses sure-footed. We stopped along the way for photos at a blue dome church and then on to the beach where we had more photos and our guide allowed us to ride in the water and my girlfriend to canter and even run along with him on the beach.

We took another route back to the top for more photos at sunset.

My only qualm with the trip was that as rider with some experience I was given an utterly dead broke horse that was a bit lazy. Having advised them in advance of our skill level I would have hoped for a more lively mount.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank jbains
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Zanet and Nikko provided our group of three friends with a wonderful experience Horseback riding the beautiful vineyards of Santorini / Megalochori.

They are some of the most Genuine and friendly people we have ever met!

We have gone riding in many countries and have to say that this was one of our best experiences! The horses are very well cared for and Nikko and Zanet are very passionate about their work!

Thank You!!