See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We booked a table for dinner at Cafe des Arts restaurant (I know it used to be part of the Duc de Praslin Hotel but it has recently changed owner so it may be owned independently) without thinking much about the type of the cuisine it served. The location and the setting - just by Cote D'Or beach - were enough to make us want to have dinner there. When we turned up early evening we were very warmly welcomed by the owner. Whilst we waited to be taken to our table we could admire the wonderfully decorated restaurant - warm colors; beach/coastal objects; beautiful paintings. There was live music too which made the place absolutely perfect. But the biggest surprise was yet to come - the service was one of the best I have ever experienced and the food (we had a 3 course meal each) was absolutely exquisite. The Red Snapper was the best I had during the entire holiday and the desserts were to die for. All in all, Cafe des Arts is gorgeous, warm, welcoming, artsy and serves excellent food. The price is reasonable for the service provided and the food served. Absolutely recommended.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beyondtdt
Reviewed 4 January 2011

Food was slightly above average and certainly not the caliber I expected given the price point and attitude (definitely much snottier than what I care to deal with on a tropical island). Nothing wrong with it, but nothing to write home about either.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelbug_lo
Reviewed 14 January 2010

We have been at Cafe des Artes @ room Citronelle (which have been re-designed on December 2009 as all other rooms at CdA)..what can I say...there were nothing less than excellent. Metres from the most beautiful beach of Praslin, private, confortable, clean...stilish (great job made by Robert & Andrew Gee) and with a sensational staff. They have fulfill our requirement with max efficiency..thanks mates!
I have no doubt about where to stay if I ever get the chance to come back!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Renato79
Reviewed 3 January 2010

We went twice in one week for dinner only to this restaurant owned in partnership with the Le Duc hotel (I believe). The service is absolutely impeccable: the manageress and staff could not have been more helpful. The food was very good indeed -- it specialises in fish, but also had a good selection of other meat dishes as well, and the portion sizes mroe than generous. It is quite expensive, I would agree, but I would say that the price is very much in keeping with eating out at many restaurants on the island, and in this respect alone, is not overpriced. We spent about £130 (=approx $210 or Euro145) on a three course meal with drinks for two. This seems a lot, but in an hotel just up the beach, we spent about £100 ($160/Euro110) on a three course self service buffet meal, with drinks, and the Cafe des Arts meal was in a completely different league.

As for the negative comments on here about being required to wear long trouser: it is indeed on the beachfront, but I don't think the dress code is unreasonable. It's a smart place and is worth the effort of dressing up a bit.

Overall, I would highly recommend you pay this restaurant a visit during your stay on Praslin.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sleepy_travel
Reviewed 13 August 2009

We went for dinner only. Service was excellent, and staff very helpful and friendly. Good menu selection, but found prices to be very high in comparison to similar establishments in the area. Being a beachfront independent restaurant I found the "long trousers recommended" advice for men to be somewhat unnecessary and pretentious, given that Praslin is a relaxed holiday island. OK - not beach or board shorts, but smart shorts should be perfectly adequate. Food was good, but a little over-ambitious.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple