“Good creole cooking in relaxed setting and reasonable prices.aFrequented by tourists and locals.”
Review of La Goulue

La Goulue
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Anse Volbert
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 February 2017

One of few restaurants in Seychelles where we felt we had value for money .Food delicious better than some places we spent twice as much for same dish.Very welcoming as soon as you enter garden. Waitress and owner very friendly. Octopus curry great and best banana flambé Ive had in Seychelles. They ensure you can specify mild medium or hot curry . Recommend a visit.

Reviewed 30 January 2017

Limited menu, but if you stick to the fish you can not go wrong. Rather eccentric tables in that they have a lage concrete pole in the middle of each!

Reviewed 24 January 2017

My husband and I wanted to experience true creole cuisine and decided to go to La Goulue , which had a lot of good reviews on Tripadvisor. Since I love Caribbean food, I was hopeful I would get boiled plantains or local produce cooked for vegetarians. Being a vegetarian I noticed that there were no vegetarian food options. Ended up having chips and tomato sauce! However, my husband helped himself to pork chops and chips and he quite enjoyed his meal, the flavors of the creole cuisine- especially the sauce stood out for him. I would not recommend this restaurant for vegetarians. Am sure the options for non-vegetarian food items are good. The meals, however were freshly prepared and served hot to customers. It is a local favorite with tourists. The service staff are polite and friendly too.

1  Thank Vidya S
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

Absolutely delicious food!!! So flavorful! And they were so friendly and sweet. We even asked them to make our dish more spicy and they did.
We have the prawn provinceal. Delicious. The fish burger also good. Octopus salad was fresh. Not rubbery at all. The mixed salad was nice and light.
We came here twice in the span of 3 days !

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

It's quite good, but nothing special, and interior is rather simple. Prices are a little bit high for such service and food quality.