All reviews private pool pool bar lunch and dinner main pool junior suite fish kids club evening entertainment young children recommend this resort wide selection sea view soft drinks a la carte restaurant hired a car tasty food nautilus bar
Reviewed 27 August 2018

We stayed at this hotel from 15/8/18 for 10 nights. We arrived late on Wednesday 15th August and were greeted personally on the steps by one of the receptionists. They upgraded us to a double roomed apartment which was fantastic. We had a few teething problems with various insects but they sprayed the room which seemed to help. The shower screen leaked but they immediately replaced it with a temporary shower curtain. The food was excellent and not repetitive. You do have to claim your sun lounger with a towel in the mornings otherwise there aren’t really enough sun loungers for the amount of guests at peak times, as some guests claim loungers on the beach and by the pool which is probably why. The beach was amazing and the snorkelling fantastic. There was a sign warning about jellyfish on the beach but we didn’t see any at all and no one else seemed to complain about them. We took an Oxoom out (like a mini hovercraft that seated three people) several times during our stay and my two (aged 9years and 15 years) loved it. We took the glass bottomed boat trip to Lindos which was great as well-you stop off at two beaches to swim/jump from the boat and that was lovely. All the staff were friendly and helpful in the hotel. The evening entertainment was variable-the Greek dancing and the hip hop dancers were really great. The shows by the staff entertainment group were not so good and were poorly attended. We watched Mama Mia in the outdoor amphitheater which was brilliant! The highlight of our holiday was experiencing the amazing Leida, the extremely talented violinist with her electric violin-she was incredible! She played in the Selini bar for two hours and we chatted to her afterwards and bought her CD-do not miss this if she plays there again. All in all I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for an all round excellent stay!

Stayed: August 2018
3  Thank Helen M
Reviewed 13 August 2018

We stayed for four nights in a modern style junior suite sea view and private pool. I would say this was better than a cruise! We arrived after 8pm and the staff at the lobby desk said to go and eat first and then come back to check in, since the kitchen closes at 9pm! Also, to leave our suitcases because a porter would bring them to our room while we dined. I knew we were in for some pampering.

Personally, I love buffet style dining. So many choices means you are not required to choose only one thing and be limited to it for your meal. The hours for dining worked perfectly well for us, as did the hours of the two bars which also provide food (some great snacks--cold noodles in to-go cups, some not so great snacks--stale ham and cheese wraps) and a large choice of AI drinks for adults and kids! The staff at the Nautilus Bar were especially friendly and helpful. The Pool Bar seemed to have a lot more food choices, and, being that it was next to the main pool, was much more busy. We actually chose to eat there for lunch one day so that we could stay in our swimsuits and the kids could jump in and out of the water! We also asked for a bag lunch one day because we were going on an all day tour. You have to request this before 7pm the day before. The lunch was a small ham, cheese, cucumber hoagie with two small apples, one bottle of water, and one multivitamin juice box.

For the truly pampered, though, the private pool is just beyond words. There is nothing like relaxing at the end of a busy day with the view of the Mediterranean at your feet and your bed a few steps away. Our room was in the Astra building which was a bit of a hike from the main area, but because of that it was also much more quiet and private. You could still carry drinks from the bars to the room. There are also several cold water fountains to refill your cups or water bottles--very smart!

This property was extremely well maintained. Very clean. Empty cups and plates at the collection spots were taken away so quickly! Our room was serviced in the morning and turned down in the evening!

My only complaint would be that the outer half of our room, where our children slept, barely received any of the air conditioning. We had to keep one room key in the energy-saver slot by the door at all times to keep the room cool when we were out. Even with the air constantly running, it was a solid 5-10 degrees warmer in the outer half of the room. But, as I read in another review of a similar room, we merely asked the front desk for a fan and a perfect floor fan appeared in our room the same day! Also, WiFi was a tad spotty at times. If you need to do any serious work you would need to be in the lobby to be guaranteed non-dropped connection.

The only way I would have felt any more spoiled on my vacation would be if I had booked a maisonette, as they were a tad closer to the main lobby, and had two bathrooms. But overall, everyone in my family had an amazing, soul-refreshing, spirit-filled time here.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank TBudinich
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Had a fabulous week, the hotel is beautiful with modern quality furnishings. Food was excellent with a wide selection of quality dishes. Stayed in a suite with a private pool. Suite was lovely but sadly a couple of points stopped it getting 5* from me. The lighting in the bathroom is almost non existent, I thought maybe there was a fault but it’s a design error that they are hoping to rectify. The main issue was the air conditioning. As the suites are large with a separate living room the air con just wasn’t good enough to cool the room as the unit doesn’t send enough air to the second room which is where my daughter slept. The living room was absolutely roasting especially in the morning when the sun was shining against the patio doors. The hotel do recognise this design fault and will hopefully install new units as it’s not what you expect from a quality establishment. They provided a large fan but it just blew hot air around! The pool area was lovely, not as private as I expected (there are gaps in the wall between the suites) but it was still great to have our own pool and sun beds. We received a complimentary 5 course meal in the a la carte restaurant which was delicious. You pay for drinks in the lounge cocktail bar but they were reasonably priced and a lovely ambience. All hotel staff were friendly and professional.
Overall a lovely hotel and I would return to a suite if they sort out the air conditioning issues.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Steph B
Reviewed 22 July 2018

This was one of the best vacations we've ever been to! I traveled with my parents and sister and all of us were very satisfied.

We were offered a maisonette with private pool and this was a huge game-changer for us. If you have an option, definitely book the maisonette - it's spacious with a beautiful view, has 2 floors, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and the private pool is a cherry on top. No rude kids splashing water all over you like in other swimming pools around the resort, no opening hours - you can go relax in your own pool whenever you want. The room was always clean - we had a very kind, smiley housekeeper who was doing her job very conscientiously every day. One thing that caught me off the guard though was that you have to throw the toilet paper in the bin (not in the toilet). This is not valid just for the hotel, but for every place we visited in Greece. It takes some time to get used to, but soon it'll come naturally to you, trust me.

When it came to other hotel staff, I was pleasantly surprised that they were all very friendly and helpful. After bad experience at other Greek resorts in the previous years, when receptionists or baristas made you feel like you are annoying them, when you needed something, this resort was a beautiful change. Receptionists were wonderful, always willing to help, spoke excellent English (as well as other languages). The same with baristas in the bars and waiters in the main restaurant. Always smiley, kind and respectful and it never took them too long to serve you. We never had any problem with any of the staff.

When it comes to food, it was all delicious. I had been reading reviews here that said that food is repetitive and that the choice is poor. I disagree with both statements. We stayed for 10 days and I haven't had 2 same meals during that time (except for vegetable and fruit). The selection was rich, I'm sure even picky eaters found something because there was seriously a lot to choose from (sweet, sour, hot, cold, diet-appropriate, etc.).

The only minus was the beach, well not the beach itself but the sea. The beach was well-organized in regards of 'reserving' the sunbeds - it's forbidden to reserve them (by putting towels or other things on them early in the morning), so thanks to that we were always able to find a free sunbed even when we got to the beach at 9am. The beach is sandy - when entering the sea there are pebbles here and there, but I don't think that is a problem (it's actually a pedicure for free). The actual problem was that in the region of the hotel beach, there were big rocks in the water. I hit my feet several times, because it's hard to estimate how deep in the water the rock is. My tip: leave your things at the sunbeds belonging to the hotel (because they are free, other sunbeds on the beach are not) and head to the left along the beach. A few meters to the left, there is less rocks in the water. If you prefer totally rock-free sea, approximately 1km to the left from the hotel there is beach (and sea) completely without rocks.

One way or another, I would recommend this resort to everyone! :) You'll love it!

Room Tip: Maisonette was great in every way
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank DianaCehlarik
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

This place was a dream come true and we had a fantastic all inclusive week there this month. The hotel is stunning - the design of internal and external spaces is fantastic, all rooms look like they have a nice view and the pool areas etc are spacious and offer places for adults away from kids and great kids play pools too.

The food was delicious, fresh, plentiful and varied. Catered for all tastes and ages. The hotel is prodominantly taken up by German families and the only slight issue I'd say is some of the food might've been slightly more German than Greek. It was delicious none the less.

The beach, the bedroom (large balcony) the bar areas etc are all lovely. We went with a 2 1/2 year old who also loved it. One suggestion I would make for the hotel is that the fantastic kids play park could do with some of those sails over the top to provide more shade as it would be ideal to use it more but it was too hot! And we hoped to use the indoor play rooms more, for same reason, to have some time for our son OUT of the sun. However it seems only available to the kids club which he was too young for and all the other children were German so the kids club leaders spoke German - might not've been right for our son even if he was old enough, but would've been great to use the space, shade and toys when kids club was over (but room was locked).

One other thing we saw on here before we went was that stegna itself was very small and quiet. It was fine as far as we were concerned. There are about 8 tavernas and 2 shops. Plenty and lots of atmosphere. We also got the bus right from hotel to Rhodes town (which was totally gorgeous city) and a boat to Lindos (extremely busy and crazy but glad we saw it!).

It's fantastic - you'll have a superb holiday here.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family