Lowest prices for your stay
$527
Priceline$575
Trip.com$505
Hotels.com$571
1,053 results
All reviews overwater bungalow swim up room cabana bar a la carte buffet restaurant our honeymoon sun all day stunning hotel all inclusive package welcome drink guest relations spa area cretan night mini bar pool view every single member of staff management team
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

I would rate this hotel 8 out of 10. The resort itself is breathtaking but there are definitely room for improvements.... description for each section below :-)

Sunbeds
Always sunbeds available, however if you want the ones on the pool, they are usually all reserved by about 10am, so you may want to reserve one. Sunbeds are really comfortable. Every 2 sunbeds have a umbrella too. Drinks are available all day from the pool bar and waiters sometimes come and ask for your drink order, so you don’t even have to get up :-)

The buffet food is basic. On offer is what you would expect for breakfast, plus some additional nice fruit and cakes.
Lunch and dinner is basic and difficult for vegetarians. I am a fussy eater, so seemed to live off pasta and salad, but my partner always found a variety of food he enjoyed. The pool bar food is ok, but again nothing special.
We ate at the Oceana restaurant which you get to visit once every 7 days you stay, within the all inclusive package. The presentation of the food was wonderful, but the taste wasn’t as good. The Vegara restaurant is Cretan food only. We went for the Cretan night which was an additional €20 euros per person. It was fun, but expected better. The best dish was the fresh pasta which was delicious... so good, we asked if we could have it 2 days later as room service and the chef made it especially for us :-)
The ‘meze’ lunch was very boring, it included some tomatoes, potatoes and lamb and an omelette. Not what I would class as a ‘meze’.
The service for food and drink throughout the resort couldn’t be better. The waiters and waitresses are attentive and always smiling.

Spa
What a disappointment!! I wouldn’t waste your money! Such a shame as we were really looking forward to this treat. We opted for a couples 90 minute massage. The massage was not good enough for €100 each!!! I chose the tension massage as I had a lot of tension in my shoulders and neck and sadly left feeling no better. The spa facilities were nothing special, I have been to much cheaper but more impressive ones in London. There was even a dead bird inside by the pool and considering how quiet the spa was, I would expect the staff to have noticed it before I had. For the price we paid we expected a lot more than what we got! I informed guest relations of our experience and we received some fruit and a couple of sweets to our room. In our opinion that wasn’t good enough at all and we should have received a partial refund at the least. The resort shouldn’t include ‘spa’ in the title!

Pool area
Outstanding! I can’t explain how beautiful and relaxing the pool areas are. You literally feel like you are in paradise. There is nice music played softly in the background from about 11am and food and drink on offer throughout the day.

Room
We had a pool view room and I was slightly worried leading up to the holiday that I’d made the wrong decision with not getting a swim up room, however our room was fine. We were not happy with our first Room (124) as it was tucked away in the corner looking directly into the busy restaurant and out of direct sunlight. I explained I wanted to move and the next day they were happy to move us (without fuss) to a much better room with a nice view. The rooms are nice but toilets smell bad of drainage and sheets are not changed all week.

Highlight of this resort!!!!
I can honestly say that it seemed all guests were treated equally, regardless of what room or price they payed, (apart from a wedding party who they bent over backwards for, for 2 days!) All of the staff work really long hours and really hard. They are all welcoming and polite each time they see you and nothing is ever too much. I’ve never stayed anywhere where all of the staff are like this constantly. Stella Island is very lucky to have such wonderful staff, I really hope they are appreciated by the managers the way they should be. Their level of English is very impressive too. The Managers were always present around the resort and welcoming also.
A special shout out to Stella- the room service lady, who was extra amazing. So helpful, friendly and informative. Always so happy.
On the last day I wasn’t feeling well and Voula in the main restaurant noticed I wasn’t eating, she was so worried and attentive, asking if i needed anything or what she could do to make me feel better. Such a sweet and caring person.

Entertainment.
On the Friday afternoon they had a really good DJ but he was only there from 4ish until 7pm which I didn’t understand as then there was no other entertainment for the rest of the night. There was a saxophone player at breakfast one morning who was very good and a nice pianist one evening, but the other evening entertainment was average at best.

The local beach is horrible, don’t even bother wasting your time going to see it. The town Hersonnisos is dyer! We went hoping for a nice afternoon of shopping and Greek food and got the opposite. Infact we left after an hour, having purchased our presents and went back to the hotel for dinner. €25 euros wasted in taxis. Stay in the resort, it’s not worth leaving. You can buy presents and souvenirs from the shop at either Stella Island or Stella Palace.

We were sad to leave as a week wasn’t long enough and may return in the future.

2  Thank JPBD-9
StellaHotels, Διευθυντής at Stella Island Luxury Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear Jennifer,

I would like to thank you for your fine feedback! We are delighted to read that you are rating our resort with such a high rating, which is wonderful and thank you for that.

I am happy to read that you wish to come back on Crete and to visit us again. Furthermore, we feel a bit sad as we did not manage to offer you a 100% satisfaction. Please allow me to present also our point of view regarding specific issues that you have kindly pointed out.

We offer an excellent range of top quality handpicked products, for your information. Our Executive Chef, Giorgos and his team are doing an excellent job offering the best products of the Island of Crete. Please kindly note that in Kimata Main Restaurant we have 4 different theme nights, on weekly basis such us Asian night, Greek night, BBQ night etc. In the Veranda Cretan restaurant, all the vegetables that come to your plate are growing to our Bio garden.

Spa area
We are sorry to hearing that our services did not meet your exceptions. However, i'd like to inform you that we have a very high promoting score for our Island Spa. We have great feedback from our in house guest's and a great value for money catalogue which is published to our website www.stellaisland.gr .Regarding the dead bird, please note that as soon as you have informed our Spa manager, we took immediately appropriate action. Unfortunately, the little bird came inside from the glass doors and hit on them. This can happen in any place of the planet.

Entertainment
We have the following entertainment program offering exciting moments and experiences for our clientele:
Monday: Live Jazz Duet
Tuesday: Greek & International Live Music Show
Wednesday: Live Saxophone
Thursday: Live Piano Solo
Friday: Live Piano Classicals
Saturday: Cretan Night Folklore Show
Sunday: Live Violin

We are thankful receiving your feedback as this helps us always to try harder and to provide exclusive and tailor-made services.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in Stella island and in this beautiful corner of the world, the island of Crete!

In this occasion please kindly contact me personally, in order to exceed your expectations, wishes and needs.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Amazing hotel and staff. Food is delicious, best hotel I’ve ever done. Keep up the good work! It all started with a great welcome. We missed diner but the staff made us with pleasure a meal. I’m coming back!

Date of stay: June 2018
4  Thank matthiasdepauw89

Dear Matthias Depauw,

We are delighted to read that you had enjoyed your time in Stella Island Luxury Resort & Spa. Thank you for your amazing review and kind recommendations!

We assure you that we will keep up doing our very best to exceed the expectations of our clientele, offering authentic Cretan hospitality, in this beautiful corner of the planet.

I look forward to welcome you back anytime you wish to come back on Crete.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

beautiful hotel fantastic staff wonderful relaxing quiet hotel well worth the price and the peace and quiet relaxing atmosphere due to no children is the best thing about it.
the staff are wonderful and the small village of annalipsi is only a short walk away with wonderful little tavernas.

3  Thank Jonny J
StellaHotels, Διευθυντής at Stella Island Luxury Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Jonny J,

Yes, indeed the village of Analipsi is a lovely fish village suitable for a relaxing holiday, away from noise and mass tourism.

I look forward to welcome you back anytime you wish to come back on Crete.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

If you are considering going to Stella Island... DO IT!!

This place is indescribable and the photos do not do it enough justice. It is the most amazing hotel I’ve ever been to in my life.

From the moment you arrive to the minute you leave the staff are nothing short of amazing! They’ll do anything for you, smile all day and work very very hard!!

The food is absolutely amazing, the buffet, the A La Carte restaurant and the Cretan restaurant. The A La Carte and Cretan restaurant are a must if you go, the experience is amazing.

The drinks on the all inclusive list are lovely and the cocktails are gorgeous!

The spa is amazing and beautiful and the full body massage is to die for.

The view from the hotel is lovely, it is spotless and staff clean up any mess immediately. The managers/bosses are always visible and ensure everything is kept up to the highest of standards.

Rooms are cleaned daily and are also very nice and relaxing.

Evening entertainment is always really good.

If you want to relax, and feel like you are in paradise then PLEASE book this place, I guarantee you will not regret it.

I’ve never been so relaxed in all my life.

I will 100% be back!

My photos are of the drinks list as I haven’t seen it on here yet and I know A LOT of people will want to see what you can have ;) ... please note that the drinks included on the all inclusive have a little circle next to them.

Remember... you will NOT regret going here if you want luxury relaxation with beautiful pools and views!

7  Thank AlexR1990

Dear Alex R,

We cannot thank you enough for your amazing review!!! We are delighted to read that you had enjoyed your time in Stella Island Luxury Resort & Spa.

Your fantastic comment give us strength to keep on offering our best Cretan hospitality in the magic world of Stella Island! One of the most beautiful corners of the world!

I will be more than happy to welcome you back on Crete as one of our most valuable loyal guests.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I don’t usually write reviews on the hotels I visit, however Stella Island more than deserves one!

Everything at this hotel is perfect from when you first arrive. You are welcomed straight from your transfer, your luggage taken care of and shown to the bar where you complete your check in while enjoying a refreshing welcome drink and cold towels. We arrived at the hotel around 3pm so we were shown straight to our room.

We stayed in a Premium Swim Up Room, which are wonderfully decorated in light colours and natural woods. The rooms are very spacious with separate shower and toilet and an open wardrobe area. The deck outside was wonderful with two sunbeds and a table and chairs. Our room had the sun in the morning through to around 2pm. The mini bar in the room is included in the all inclusive package and is refilled daily.

The hotel grounds are immaculate with large lagoon pools and the rooms lining each one. Getting sun beds never seemed to be an issue, we’d walk to breakfast some days at 10am and there would hardly be any sun beds reserved and we never had a problem getting any once the sun had left our room either.

We ate at the main buffet restaurant most days. I was a little worried that the hotel is mostly buffet however I didn’t need to be. There’s plenty of choice each day and all the food was of very high quality. Breakfast offered lots of options with champagne available, lots of fruit infused waters, crepe/omelette station plus lots of hot and cold options. Lunch and dinner were also of a high quality, our favourite being when they offered one night of Chinese specialties, the duck was amazing!!
Also on site was the A la carte restaurant which is included once per stay on the all inclusive package and is well worth a visit as well as the Cretan restaurant which we didn’t eat in but looked very nice.
We also ordered room service a couple of afternoons and this was also of very high quality and arrived promptly (food included just a tray charge of 7 euros each time).
The drinks are of a high quality and there’s around 3 cocktails included from each spirit ( eg vodka based, gin based etc) but then an extensive list of others that you can pay for.

The staff always had a smile on their face and couldn’t do enough for you!

I’ve visited many 5* hotels around the world through work but this is by far one of the best and already looking at returning, thank you so much for such a lovely holiday!

4  Thank AbbieB500

Dear Abbie B,

Thank you very much for your time to share your recent holiday experience with us. We are delighted to read that you had enjoyed your time in Stella Island Luxury Resort & Spa.

We are happy to read your kind comments regarding our friendly and dedicated staff, your fine accommodation and our best mixologist's team offering tailor made cocktails and long drinks!