Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,627 results
All reviews water park ice cream private beach kids club pirate ship animation team nuggets family room family holiday air hockey pool bar main restaurant mediterranean bar spaghetti kids pool cold buffet choice of drinks
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 August 2022 via mobile

Anna done a very good job while we was at Stella village. She is approachable and an outgoing person which made it more enjoyable when we stayed there. She deserves to be valued as one of the higher members of the team.

Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 4 August 2022

I went to visit Stella village with 2 friends. I knew there is a lot to do outside the hotel, but also because I already knew what the resort looked like. I used to work for Sunweb Xperience in 2019 at the Palace and it was the best time of my life. So it was nice to be back (this time at the village) to see everyone again. I remember a few of the animation team from 3 years ago, and some of them are new. They were amazing and we had a great time with them!! Especially Zulu, Iwona, Demsy, Adel and our new friend Tati! Even tho she couldn’t dance with us in the disco due to her knee, she still came to talk to us the whole evening! We had a great time with her.
The food was good, everyday the same basic things but also different foods.
The check in was quick and clear and overall this was a very nice holiday. I’d recommend this hotel to everyone!
Thanks to the staff for making our holiday even better!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
George Syrmos, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Stella Village Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2022

Dear Mrs. Lisanne,

Thank you for your positive comments and for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay is just around the corner.
Our entire team at Stella Village is looking forward to welcoming you back again to our resort.

Warm regards,

George Syrmos
Director of Operations
Stella Hotels Collection

Reviewed 3 August 2022 via mobile

From start to finish we received amazing service at this hotel.
I’ve stayed in many fancy resorts prior to having children but have never enjoyed my holiday as much as when we stayed at Stella village.
I’d firstly like to say a HUGE thank you to Captain Thothoris, Lucas and Dimi in the restaurant, I’m a single mum of 3 children and was nervous about going abroad. These three lovely people made our holiday very special!! THANK YOU

The staff here were so welcoming, thank you Adel, Otto and Camille for keeping us entertained you did a great job.

Thank you Emilie for giving us super service at the bar

Also I’d like to say thank you to the lady blonde on reception (no name badge) My son wouldn’t stay in the shade the first 48 hours after we arrived and badly burned his face. She organised cream to be sent from the pharmacy and looked after us. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!

We’ve got amazing memories and would have loved to return, it was too popular next year

Thanks again!!

Date of stay: May 2022
1  Thank Amylou79
Reviewed 30 July 2022 via mobile

I’ll try to give an honest review, because I tend to rely on Tripadvisor for information myself.
Visited for 11 x nights as a family of 5 in 2 x rooms. Stayed at the Village.
Excellent welcome when we arrived very late at night following delays. Bit of cold buffet put on for us and the offer of drinks at the beach bar as it was after all inclusive hours. Reception staff were lovely. Quick to book us in and just enough information as we were tired.
Buggy took us and our cases to the rooms.
We’d asked in advance for ground floor rooms near to facilities.
Mother in law had her room upgraded which was basically a renovated room. Not big but quality of finish was excellent.
Our room wasn’t renovated. 1 x room with a double bed and a single bed separated by a bedside table. Bathroom was refurbished and a lovely big shower - watch the water though because it can scald you depending on who else is using elsewhere !
I was disappointed with our room. Drastically needs an upgrade. Old air con unit above main bed that leaked throughout the first night - it was like water torture dripping on me wherever I moved. Next morning I spoke to reception and 2 x maintenance guys were straight out and fixed the air con and housekeeping delivered us 2 x soft pillows because our originals were too hard.
After initial disappointment, our room was ok - at the end of the day we were only in there to sleep. Would have been nice to have a terrace to sit and enjoy a drink , but sadly the space was taken up by the air con unit. I’d recommend asking for a ‘new’ room, but apparently all will be renovated soon.
Food was as everyone else says very repetitive, but we always found something and never went hungry. We ended up eating out a few nights but that was our choice.
We were allowed to book 5 x times in the mediterra restaurant on an evening. It was the same food as the main buffet but limited seating so less busy.
The few times we ate in the main buffet was chaotic. Fighting for food, tables not cleaned, staff overwhelmed and kids running around dropping full plates of food as parents weren’t supervising.
Mediterra also do breakfast that you don’t need to book. Nicer ambience overlooking sea with option to eat outside.
We found drinks good. Lager fine and cocktails were nice. Just ask for a strong drink if there’s not enough vodka etc and they’ll oblige. Wine was also good. Little supermarket on site ideal to grab a few cold cans of beer for room or beach. Wry reasonably priced. The bars were a big problem. Huge queues and staff overwhelmed.
With exception of 1 or 2 staff members, majority were amazing. Couldn’t do enough for you, always a smile and a hello or good morning.
Beach is brilliant. Looks a bit cramped but it’s got everything you need. Enough sun beds, calm water you can walk in almost all way to jetty, a lifeguard and a water machine. A bar would be a huge bonus.
Pools are a let down for the village. Main pool is small with a few other toddler pools at the side. Always seemed a bit cramped and chaotic so we avoided. We found another pool for the village marked on the map as ‘beach bar 2’ . This place had its own bar, pool table, comfier sun beds and very quiet most of the time. Have a look for it, you won’t be disappointed - huge pool.
You’re not supposed to use palace pools / bars etc which is rightly so in my opinion. Likewise place shouldn’t use village.
Water park is the selling point. Only criticism is for majority of rides, kids need to be 120cm. My son was 118cm and depending on which lifeguards were on, would depend if they allowed him on or not. I spoke to the supervisor a few times and common sense prevailed. I completely understand why the rules are in place, so not really a criticism, just be prepared. Massive pool scene here, slides for all ages, loads of sun beds - never struggled. Snack bar is probably best food at the hotel and low alcoholic drinks. It’s the jewel in the crown the water park.
On the second to last day, I logged on the Stella app and there was a feedback form - usual scenario of give stats for cleanliness, food etc and a free text box. I don’t usually complete but I did on this occasion. I have honest feedback like I have here. The next day reception asked me to see them and wanted to discuss the feedback. We did and they gave us 8 x premium cocktails and a meal at the Elia restaurant in the palace. (The food wasn’t actually as good here as the village buffets). I mentioned this because clearly they pride on customer service and listen to feedback. Afterwards, the customer service manager was also present in the buffets keeping an eye on things which they hadn’t previously, again as a result of feedback I think.
All in all, this was a great family holiday. With a few tweaks easily a 5 rating on trip.

Room tip: Find the secret pool !
2  Thank popodazzler
Reviewed 28 July 2022

We spent just 8 days between 06-13.07.2022 on Crete islands in Stella Village with aquapark acces to Stella Palace and we are very happy.
The food, swimpools, service everything was great, The bubgalows have a real Greek culture what was any kind of diffrence but it was nice diffrence.
Especially I would appreciate the stuff which work at main restaurant managed by captain Thothoridis , right man on the rignt pleace, his ability, habits,professionalism deserve the highest words of appreciation and should be noticed by the hotel managers.
Great vacation in your hotel,
Best Regards,