“Would go back again!”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Alykanas
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Would go back again!”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I stayed with my family in September 2011. The hotel is a good size, the staff were friendly and it was clean.

The hotel had entertainment pretty much every night and the staff could not do enough for us.

If I were to complain about anything it would be that the air con was at an extra cost, but if u are staying for 2 weeks, pay for one week and they will prob forget to turn it off!!

The hotel is a short walk from loads of restaurants, shops etc. we found lots of nice places to eat including the cosy corner which is all English. But then there was an Indian/Chinese all in one. The pharmacy is only 10 minute walk.

I could say lots more positives. But I would sum it up by saying that I, my fiancé, 2 sons, mother, sister, brother in law and niece all had a wonderful holiday and would rip your arm off for a chance to return

• Stayed September 2011
11 Thank Ashpearce694
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Really great hotel.
Kept spotlessly clean and the friendly staff can't do enough for you.
Fantastic location right on the beach, just 5 steps from the pool to the seashore.
The best entertainment in the resort by a long way is provided in the evenings by Kicking Karaoke/ Dave & Sara, keeping all of the adults and kids entertained 6 nights per week. Evenings at the hotel wouldn't be the same without them - I hope they're there for our visit in 2012, the entertainment, staff and happy hours make the hotel bar the place to be after your evening meal in the fantastic resort restaurants and tavernas.
Keep up the good work.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank JamieAlykanasFan
Isle of Wight
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We stayed here back in May last year and cant complain about nothing we even got an amazing price, the hotel has everything you need including welcoming staff great location and ofcoure Zanta has lovely hot weather.The hotel is in the perfect location close to everything you need including a wide choice of restaurants to choose from.

We would love to go back here this year but unfortunately havent been able to find a cheap enough deal :-)

If your visting Zanta this is the hotel to stay in!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Roxy V
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We stayed in August 2011 and the hotel was informed that this was our honeymoon (albeit with our children).
When we arrived the sour faced lady at reception was very short not friendly at all. We had just left an absolutely lovely, friendly hotel in Kalamaki and this was not what we expected at all!
At the end of the day, here you are just a number.
Dont expect to get any hot water between 6ock and 8ock in the evening. On our first night I was faced with boiling pans of hot water on the stove and boiling the kettle so I could bathe my children! and if you buy anything from the hotel or beach bar/restaurant take your safety deposit box contents with you! It is extortionate.
Just a little walk outside (not the cosy corner, unless you like cats and cat hair with your food) and it is a lot cheaper! We spent most of our time outside this hotel around the pool elsewhere and eating in smaller places.
Also, the air conditioning and safety deposit box is a rip-off. If you dont have the air conditioning and leave your glass doors open with just the slatted doors shut dont expect to sleep. The entertainment is far too loud and goes on far too late. At least if you have the air conditioning you can shut your doors for some sound proofing!
The only good thing I can say is that the rooms are clean & the cleaners do a superb job, not only in the rooms but also at the crack of dawn around the pool area.
Do not stay on the 3rd floor (although you get the better view) as there is no lift and with a buggy and a 2 & 5 year old its a nightmare.
The best thing about this hotel is its location - right on the beach. But if you are expecting a friendly hospitable establishment I wouldnt bother.
Its basically got too big for the finer friendlier things in life.

Room Tip: None that I can think of
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank G L
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I first went to Alykanas Beach when i was 12 and i've been going every year since. It's an amazing hotel in a perfect location. It's got the mixture between a very chilled out relaxing resort to a few bars for the young ones. The hotel is right on the beach, you can actually see the sea as your swimming in the pool. The hotel staff are friendly and are like one big family. They treat you like royalty and on the greek nights they get you all up dancing and dressing up, its a brilliant atmosphere. I would say the hotel is a family hotel although myself at 21 would go with my boyfriend for a lovely chilled out week away, even though i can be a party animal. The food there is also lovely but dont just stick to that because just up the village there are a number of beautiful resteraunts that do all kinds of food. Our trick is to ask if we can have a free bottle of wine befoew we go in there and eat. A little cheeky i know but it works and they dont mind if they get your custom. There are also horse and carts that take you up and down the strip, its lovely and romantic and only a couple of euro. If you are a youngish couple or have kids who are abit older and dont go to sleep early (like in their teens) there a number of bars where you can sit inside/outsie and have a few cocktails and theres really modern good music, yet this sint too loud and doesn effect the hotel in any way as the hotel is futher down away from the bars and resteruant so its lovely and quiet. I can be picky and now i've got older i'm going else where with my boyfriend but my mum/step dad and all their friends and young kids still go.....EVERY YEAR. and theres no doubt ill be going back soon. Great hotel, you cant fault it!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank jessicalouise30
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alykanas
0.4 km away
0.8 km away
Koukounaria Hotel
Koukounaria Hotel
#2 of 27 in Alykes

Been to Alykanas Beach Apart-Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK