Lowest prices for your stay
$62
Free cancellation until 13/02/23
Hotels.com$62
Priceline$66
Destinia.com$70
All reviews pool restaurant sports facilities poolside taverna long beach the hotel is clean enjoyable stay hotel is situated molyvos castle dora beds terrace village
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 August 2019

Great hotel build in 1960. Beautiful garden, great breakfast, clean rooms. One feels himself like Sean Connery in Doktor No, when entering the lobby. Very near to Molyvos (although we liked the southern part of the island more)

Date of stay: August 2019
Hotel Delfinia, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Delfinia Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2022

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the hotel. We want to preserve the style of an old era along with the new.We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 5 August 2019

We spent 9 days in Molyvos. We stayed at Delfinia. All but all the staff was very helpful and nice to us. Yes, the hotel is a bit old but I still prefer its wonderful landscape instead of a luxury interior. Bungalows are separated from the main building. It has advantages and disadvantages. If you're with kids it's a great option to hire a bungalow.

Their breakfast is so amazing. It's full of local products, fruits, jams, and excellent croissant, pita, and different types of bread. We didn't have dinner at the hotel but lunches are excellent, too.

Dora is the best staff at the Delfinia. She is so hardworking and nice. I really enjoyed my vacation. ευχαριστώ για όλα & τα λέμε το επόμενο καλοκαίρι :)

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Hotel Delfinia, General Manager at Delfinia Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2022

Thank you for taking time to rewiew our property. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2019 via mobile

We travelled to Lesvos via Athens and decided to stay at Delfinia Hotel. We were trapped because of the beautiful view to the Castle of Molyvos and the sea. What a terrible mistake! The hotel has never renovated and is very very old with bad aircondition and full of insects. However the worst of all was the behaviour of the director Mr Antonis, who insulated us and make us ran out of that place. He is absolutely insufficient and inappropriate for this job.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Plotinos
Reviewed 19 July 2019 via mobile

I visited the Delfina with my family and Grandchildren in July. We already knew that it was a little old fashioned but chose it for the location, pool etc. I have read some of the reviews here and yes, the Delfina rooms are in need of a refurb. But cut them a bit of slack, Greece has been going through several years of economic crisis and Lesvos in addition has just gone through some really bad years with tourist numbers at one point down by 70% due to bad publicity about the refugee crisis. No business can invest in their infrastructure when their revenue is so severely curtailed. I am sure that the owners are desperate to upgrade the rooms, but it will need serious investment. I am happy to give them the benefit of the doubt, but if you want smart and sophisticated, then this is not for you. They do not bill themselves as a 5 star hotel, but people still seem to expect that.

I found my room to be functional. The air con was a bit noisy, but I found that if I closed the shutters, pulled the net curtain across and then left my patio doors open then I got some cooler air without allowing too many insects into the room. It is Greece there will be insects! My bed was more comfortable than I expected to be honest, and I have a really bad back. But the beds are typically Greek and basic. The bathroom was very dated and also typical of Greek bathrooms 20 years ago. But it was functional and clean. I had fresh towels every day. The only thing I really didn’t like was the carpet. I have never stayed anywhere in Greece or in Molyvos before with carpeted floors and I wasn’t keen. Just renewing the flooring would make a massive difference.

But there are so many lovely things about the Delfina. We found the staff to be very welcoming and friendly. The breakfast terrace has an amazing sea view. Breakfast was above average and there was something for everyone. I had lovely pastries , bread and fruit every day. The pool area was just fabulous. Beautiful salt water pool with one of the best swimming pool views in the world.

The Definia is situated just as you are entering Molyvos. It is about 20 minutes walk into town. The pavement is cobbled all the way so comfortable shoes are necessary! We walked as much as possible despite the heat, just to walk off all the additional food and drink that was consumed! You won’t go hungry in Molyvos, with numerous tavernas serving delicious local produce. Our favourites were The Seahorse Hotel on the harbour, Mistral also on the harbour. The teenagers loved Miserlou for fabulous burgers and Da Vino for the steak. My favourite was Vafios Taverna. Well worth the ride up to the village of Vafios. Don’t miss out the castle. We walked up, a pity not to explore all the narrow Molyvos backstreets, but if it is a bit much for you and you have a hire car you can always drive up. A lovely cafe / taverna awaits at the top.

This was my 7th or 8th visit to Lesvos and it was a joy, as it always is.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kaycY9949ZS

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Your analysis is detailed and very beautiful. Thank you for the understanding you show in the difficulties that our island has gone through. Always the comments of our customers help us to become better. We hope you give us the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed 5 July 2019

This hotel is built on one of the best sites I have ever visited. The restaurant and pool area are facing West so the sundown is magical as you sit by the water. The food in the restaurant is very good and very reasonably priced ,so going into town for dinner is not necessary at all. The breakfast is also very comprehensive. The only drawback is the noisy air-conditioning as the system is very old and it needs replacing. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful all together a very pleasant place to spent a few days.

Date of stay: June 2019

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Always the comments of our customers help us to become better. We were pleased with your positive comments. We hope you give us the opportunity to host you again.