“Meal”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Went for a meal on Thursday. Was shocking first the vinegar came out like string the mix grill was full of grease the chips where hard like been re heated from night before scampi had chicken nuggets mixed in the gammon was just ham there was 11 off us in.there was work being carried out in outside play area and was a saw and hammer and a nail gun just left on the floor. Never again

2  Thank Steven H

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed here last summer for about 10 days .ours was a large family room in one of the lower floor.. ground level with two separate single beds( comfortable enough to sleep two people in) breakfast was complimentary and basic . The entrance have a very large bar cum restaurant Which was always crowded and busy.
The view from the hotel garden is beautiful...of farms and sheep and a wind mill at a distance. The house keeping was good but they always had a little grumpy face. There was two huge dogs (always locked) but they keep barking at the drop of a hat.The hotel has a very vintage feel and that's the reason I choose. Very close to the Cider farm .

1  Thank Riya Katy S
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

I stopped here with my sister while we were walking, I sat while my sister went to the bar she looked back at me after 15mins, it wasn't that busy but clearly there were not enough staff, she was then served he put a glass under the beer tap and left the bar, my sister waited after about 5 mins another chap asked if she was bring served she said I was but he disappeared ! So the other one finished. We sat and watched the utter chaos going on around the bar and into the restaurant. On trying to access the toilets there was a dinning table next to the door, people trying to eat so didn't really want to move as we said excuse me ! The toilets were not up to standard. To give the pub a second chance I tried again today it was even worse with two behind the bar who could hardly speak English and people waiting and lack of stock ! Utter chaos. I lived in the area and have known this pub a long time, but I won't bother again ! !

3  Thank Lorraine B
Reviewed 14 January 2017

This is a large restaurant with a nice atmosphere. The staff were friendly and stopped to talk. There are lovely outside tables for the summer which I am sure will be filled with no problem. The choice of food is good. I had the beer battered fish and it was a very generous size, the chips were very nice and there were peas and a small salad to go with it. Friends had the lasagne which was piping hot and very tasty. For dessert we had a chocolate brownie with clotted cream. This was warm and lovely. Recommended.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Visited the White House Inn at Penhallow for a Sunday carvery. Staff are lovely, friendly and take the time to stop and speak to you. I was visiting with a lady with learning disabilities and they made a real fuss of her, she loved it! The meal was gorgeous, just like a good homemade Sunday lunch.Three choices of meats and a vegetarian option. Suet pudding and Yorkshire pudding offered with stuffing and the works. This is my second visit, just great pub food. I will return as I know the staff will provide friendly service and great pub food. Thank you.