“Dinner on the terrace - amazing view”
Review of Arco

Arco
Reviewed 22 April 2017

The service was excellent - we had the local limpets grilled with garlic butter to start with, then the beef skewers on a bay twig. Home made lemon cake was a good choice. Afterwards, make sure you go along the side of the restaurant and find the path that hugs the cliff side. Amazing walk to see the sunset and look over to the next bay.

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

A fantastic view of the ocean. Good place to stop and eat.
We had traditional local dishes and that were good. Big portions and tasty including a yummy fish soup.
The service is efficient but not warm as in other places.

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

We stopped by this restaurant for lunch while touring the North of Madeira. Don't be fooled by the Arco bar/cafe at the lower level (not visited), walk up the steps to the restaurant. An airy well furnished place with a fantastic view of the Atlantic Ocean. The waiter was polite and spoke excellent English. My wife ordered traditional cod with pimentos, onions potatoes and mushrooms. I ordered an octopus stew which came with vegetables (unusual in Madeira) and spiced rice. Both meals tasted excellent although my vegetables were a tad over done.

I would have rated this place 5 but the veg let it down for me. Having said that, I would not hesitate to visit again and would recommend it as a good lunch stop.

Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

My wife and I randomly stopped here on our drive west down the north coast of the island. We were planning to just grab a small late lunch here but when we saw the meals at the other tables we changed our mind and decided to get an early dinner. My wife had the tuna with Mediterrnean salsa while I had the skewered beef Portuguese style.

Both meals were good. Each meal came with plenty of food and a large salad to share. The only issue we had was that both meals and the fries had a lot of oregano. By now we have been in Portugal for over 2 weeks, including a week on Madeira and have discovered that it appears the Portuguese people really like their oregano. We like oregano as well, but not so much that it becomes the most dominant and overpowering flavour. I would have given another star if they had just eased up a little on the oregano. I have to assume some responsibility for not having told them to go easy on the oregano.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

We have eaten here over many years and did so several times this holiday. Whilst the food is mainly simple Madeiran dishes, they are all freshly prepared and large delicious portions, very reasonably priced. Service is prompt and efficient. There are stunning views form their terrace.

1  Thank iceman123EastSussex