“Excellent food and service!”

Acqua Gelataria Pizzeria
Ranked #26 of 61 Restaurants in Olhos de Agua
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 26
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of this restaurant. It was our first visit to Aqcua and we weren't really sure what to expect, as I'd not checked it out on here but.........We had a great meal. Superb Italian food served simply, effectively and at a decent price. Service was really good. Efficient service from all the staff, but not all over us. Checked if everything was ok at every course just after we'd received our dish, not after we'd eaten most of it. Superb garlic bread with cheese. My wife had Tagliatelle Funghi which she said was delicious and I had their Bolognese Pizza, which was thin-based and obviously not pre-formed. Highly recommend, both on a budget and as a treat? Extra little bonus was a guitarist/singer providing background music at the right volume and presence. Classy all in all! Their Crepes are delicious too! We shared a Sugar and Cinnamon and it was a perfect finish to a great meal. Thanks and we'll be visiting again very soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Visited this restaurant several times during our holiday sometimes for a sneaky afternoon drink or two and also for food. Service really good and food was tasty especially the pizzas. Excellent value for money and white wine served in a nice big glass. Only thing I wasn't sure about was the bill being on the waiter's electronic device rather than a paper copy. I like to get the bill and decide on the appropriate tip in my own time and this method made the process feel a bit rushed. A minor issue and did not spoil the experience

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Used this for lunches during the day coming off the beach. Great sandwiches, pizza and cheap beer

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I was thanked by the staff of the bar for being honest with regard to my bill. It was for 27 Euros, and I was presented with one for 5 Euros. I now have to be completely honest about the food that was served on that bill...which made both me and my son very poorly that evening, and for the following few days. We were only away for 6 days, and this effectively ruined our well earned break, confining us to our apartment, with D & V
If I had been in the UK this would have been reported to Environmental Health, a little bit tricky when in another country.
Please, please ensure that when cooking high risk food that correct food hygiene and cooking temperature is achieved. The bar was dreadfully understaffed and corners are sometimes cut..but don't do that with food prep or cooking. We are not making wild, unjustified accusations here. We both ate the same thing and six hours later, the sickness started.
It's a great bar with a good atmosphere, but the health of customers has always got to be given priority.

Gil T, Gerente de relações com clientes at Acqua Gelataria Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

We at Acqua are very sorry to hear you got sick, at acqua we always buy fresh food and go shopping for it everyday, after finishing with serving food to the customers we clean the kitchens and bars every single day.

Never had any problems with clients that got sick because of the food we cook. The fresh food and hygiene in Acqua is our top priority as is the customers health.

Never had any complain of any customer getting sick since we started Acqua.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Nice chilled relaxing atmosphere sitting outside with a view of the ocean just beautiful.

Plus €1 pint happy hour, don’t know how often it’s on but every time we’ve been past in the daytime we’ve had €1 beers.

Food and drink well priced.

Gil T, Gerente de relações com clientes at Acqua Gelataria Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for your kind words about our restaurant. Crazy hour is everyday till 18.00.

Best regards,