2,648 results
All reviews golf buggy the grill animation team block ab the main complex free bus thomas cook basic room smaller pool french guests kids club alternate days crisps bar staff portuguese restaurant great holiday superior room
Reviewed 25 September 2011

This weekend "discovered" an excellent 4 star resort near Albufeira, the "Adriana Beach Club."
This system works in Resort All-inclusive and covers an area of ​​12 hectares, set in a pine forest, widely landscaped and wooded. It reminded me of the complex ... Bahia Principe Mexico I'm not exaggerating, and even anything ...
Adriana Beach Club is only 5 km from Albufeira and leaves nothing behind to Caribbean resorts (Unless the weather) ...
This complex arose from the merger of two hotels, and Adriana Aquamarina. It has three restaurants (one buffet and grill 2) amphitheater, two bars, two outdoor pools (quite large), an indoor pool, jacuzzi, Turkish bath, sauna, gym, Spa, supermarket, hairdresser, etc. (this last 3 paid, of course).

There are three types of rooms available: basic, standard and deluxe. I opted for basic, which costs less than about 40 € / night.
The only difference between these rooms to the "Standards" is that lie outside the complex (AA and AB blocks), across the road. No problem, because the road is not busy and the rooms are less than 5 minutes of receipt. As soon as it blocks out of AA and AB, is set and the road is a gateway to the resort (which only opens with the same card).
Then make a short walk to the reception, or even any other point in the resort ... I do not regret having spent less € 40!

The only "but" I found was that the all inclusive ends at 23.00, the pool towels have a cost
rental and espresso bars to be paid (€ 1.50). The latter two "mishaps" are easily surmountable:
it takes a towel from home and drink Nescafe is expressed, because there are free machines scattered throughout the complex.

I was delighted with the food, it has a superior quality compared to the resorts of the Caribbean (and attention I really enjoyed Caribbean food). The white spirits, although most are branded "white" drinking is well ... and Beer is a "must" as is sacred! No alcohol there, Pepsi, 7Up, Sumol Orange, Ice Tea (all pressure). Water is drink is served, but I guarantee that is not the network. In fact, there are several water machines in the complex, those that lead bottles of 15l/20l.

The animation can be considered good, although not as good as in the Caribbean. The employees of the resort also give notice positive, as were all clean.

There is a difference in the colors of the bracelets that are assigned to guests, some are blue and others yellow. Not I could see why this distinction ... if someone knows, tell.

Anyway, it was a pleasant surprise that I had because I was not expecting such high quality ...
In fact, and that like this kind of all-inclusive resorts, seriously recommend visiting this complex!

Room tip: The best rooms are the "Deluxe Rooms".
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank JATG001
Reviewed 25 September 2011

This hotel was everything we expected and more.
We arrived early morning about 10am although we could not have our room till 2pm they gave us somewhere to put our luggage and we were able to get food and use all the facillities. By the time we had lunch and a look around the resort we were able to check into our rooms.

The rooms were very clean, there was myself my husband and 3 children (8,6,2) we were given two separate rooms joined by a separate lockable door. So we had three beds in one room and a double in the other, two bathrooms and two balconies. Our room was in s block right opposite the aquamarine swimming pool. It was great to walk straight out to the pool and the restaurants And bar especially with the children we could just pop to our room if we needed anything.

The restaurants were good with all the staff being very friendly and helpful. Two restaurants in the aquamarine part one was mainly portugese and one the grill and the 3rd restaurant up at adriana part of hotel (this one was much bigger and had a much wider variety of food) some people have said the food can become a bit repetitive after a while which is true but I think that is the same with most all inclusive hotels, however I was personally just pleased not to have to cook!!

There is a bus into alberferia six times a week which was a great service and we used it several times.

The beach was also lovely and although you have a few steps to walk down to get to it, it never seemed to be a problem with the children. You can also walk to villamoria from the beach which takes about 30mins but worth the walk.

There was also a kids world with Thomas cook which the children loved and gave us a few hours break in the day!

I would dedinately go back to this hotel and would recommend it.

Also just a note if you go here visit zoo marine it was a fantastic day out, one of the best days of our holiday.

3  Thank Titchbell
Reviewed 24 September 2011

First impressions were pretty good as we arrived expecting to wait to wait to be given our room as it was well before booking in time but were brought up right away. The room was more like a box with a large bathroom but who wants to stay in their bedroom most of their holiday? Having stayed in Portugal many many times and sampled their lovely cuisine, I was so disappointed with the food there. If you are into you're salads you are in for a treat but the soup is muck and the cuts of meat for the mains is the toughest I have ever tasted but you wont starve. Most places I've been to in all inclusive board, the bar staff treat you like a beggar and this was no different...for goodness sake we have paid for this service. If you were paying for your drink at the bar they would be tripping over themselves to serve you unless you are Portuguese (hope you're reading this Leonardo). I returned home last night and its the first time I've been drunk since I went....please bring your own alcohol as the drink in this resort is watered down to the extent that it does'nt taste like alcohol....how come the weights and measurements authority have'nt investigated this place. The water out of the tea and coffee machines is barely luke warm and the burgers in the snack bar well....my dog has left a more appetising snack out the back. The entertainment is a complete joke as if you did'nt want to go to the theatre to see the animators show you were left to silly piped music...yes Im sure you're thinking if you want entertainment then go to the show, well what about the many many people who just want to sit and have a drink by the pool after your dinner? The complex is nice and well maintained with plenty of sun loungers. I am not the fussy sort but I can assure you I will not return in a hurry

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank kevnewtown
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Arrived after a 40 min transfer from Faro but was first drop off . Spoke to other guests and they said it took over 2 hours .
Reception was quick efficient and friendly , got room A211 right next to main complex.

Room.
Very clean , twin beds pulled together , A\C , hair dryer in bathroom , shower gel dispenser in shower , 2 hand towels , 2 bath towels 1 bath floor towel,3 electric outlets.

Pool.
Very big clean , plenty of sun beds .

Beach.
Not far from main complex (about 10 mins) , go down some steps (87) very nice plenty of sun beds .

Bar.
Big and a choice of , vodka,whisky,gin,red,rose white wine,sangria,beer,asti,4 cocktails.

Restaurant.
Huge with something for everyone.

Entertainment.
Water arobics,step arobics, water polo, kids disco,show at night ,bingo,quiz,ping pong,French bouwls,volley ball.

Amenitys.
Shop with , news papers,air beds , pool toys , souvenirs,choc,cigs,crisp,coke and more.Tennis courts,mini golf.

Right on to the review of our holiday. Wife 53 me 44.
Very happy with reception very polite and quick but after getting off a none A\C tranfer mini bus we boyh could do with a cold drink but none there. Not bad but that what your meant to get at 4 star?.
(Got there at midday).
Room very clean and modern.A\C didnt work from day one (reported to reception on first day , they said we will send someone over. (never did work but that didnt bother us as much as the very hard beds kept us awake all night (well not all the time, Alcohol played a big part).
You can try using all the bedding supplied under the sheet !
Spoke to other guests and nearly all said beds was hard.
Hair dryer in bathroom was not great but if you had half an hour extra it would dry your hair (wife sholder lenth).
No kettle so take your travle one. theres 3 electric outlets but none near the bed for phone .
Oh A\C did keep room cooler than outside the wife told me, i didnt notice. (i do like it cooler than the wife ) she told me that as well.

On to the food.
Breakfast , lots. Bacon,eggs,fried,poached,scrambled,boiled,mushrooms,grilled toms,hash browns,some sort of sausage,beans,pancakes,donut things (very nice),cereals about 4 , coco pops,corn flakes,musli,suger puffs.
Lots of bread products ,jam,honey,marmalade,chocolate spread.
Loads of friut.
Juice (well sort of) tea,coffee,all help yourself.

Lunch.
Spag bowl,fish,pork,chicken,veg,rice,chips,pizza,soup,lots of desserts like cake,rice pud,angel delight stuff (pink and yellow en's),egg custard,ice cream .Drinks are self serve ,beer,pepsi,orange juice,water,red,white,rose wine,tea,coffee.
Dinner like lunch but bigger with differant stuff.

Bar.
Bar staff are fine but slow at times (depends who's on).
You can tip if you want ,there is a tip pig on the bar.(yes you read right).
Drinks are fine and strong or weak as you want.
Vodka,Sangria,beer,whiskey,gin,red,white,rose and sparkling wine and 4 ready made cocktails.oh shuts at 11pm.

Snacks.just outside main restaurant when closed.
Hot dogs (nice),burger (horrible),crisps,ham,cheese,breads,a bit of salad.

Entertainment.
Day time is awfull as is the night but there is some good .The wife told me.
Ok you have water arobics at 11am . step arobics at midday,water polo at 3 , vollyball at 5 on the vollyball court .(sand).
Night time.
Bingo, maybe a quiz or nothimg at 7pm.
Kids disco at 8pm.
Theater at 9.30pm .Could be a dance,sketch or singing.
You get a magic show once a week . Pretty funny as was the sketch show. Singing and dancing not our cup of tea. (I told wife that one).
All finished by 10.30pm.(Thank god you can take drinks in ).

Activitys.
Tennis,mini golf,table tennis,French bouwles,darts,games room,internet.
Tennis court are well kept. (didnt play).
Mini golf only takes 15 mins , so try best out of 3. (laughed out loud).
Table tennis is ok (well it ping pong for god sake).
French bouwls. Ok (see above in brackets).
Darts.(??????).Well what would you write?
Anyway , all above cost between 1 and 4 euro's and a 20 euro deposit.
Internet is very slow (Really slow).

Beach.
Its really nice as beaches go, just follow the path by the pool go through a gate then down a few steps (87).
When you get down to the bottom just turn right and walk about 4 k (about 45 min slow walk 30 min brisk) and you'll find a lovely little harbour with a few cafe's and bars, shops and if you dont fancy the walk back get a taxi back for about 10 euro.
Don't know where it go's if you turn right ?

Hotel bus into Albufiera.

Book at reception before 8am on the day before.
Times are 9.30,12,30,15.00,16.30,19.00. I think.

I thinks thats about it .
So would we go back here ?
Thats a no cause its not a 4 star by a long shot (ie).
No bottled water unless you pay for it (you get one with dinner).
Not aloud to take snacks out side unless its on a servette.
Beds are awful.
A\C was no good and not even explanned if it was fixed when reported.
Entertainment was poor (unless you like arobics).

p.s. Gardens and complex very relaxing and lovely. No load music (until arobics). Indoor pool\spa on site .Sauna, steam room great.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank ANDEB
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We returned from the Aquamarina beach club on Saturday 17th September and we ( me, my wife, 3 yearold daughter and mother in law ) had a brilliant time, good weather and good company.First things first the hotel is more 3 star than 4, the rooms are spotless but a bit basic, we had a tv with bbc1 and channel 5, we were put in S block which was ace you come out your front door and nearly fall into the pool perfect. The Aquamarina is joined with the Adriana to make a very large complex while maintaining a village feel, being very quiet both day and night, all rooms are in blocks of 12 units and numbering from block a to z, if you can request go for S block or T block( right next to quiet pool.
There are 2 pools in the complex with the Aquamarina pool being the quieter one with the pool at the Adriana being more lively with activities going on in and around the pool every half hour from 10am to 6pm, brilliant if you want it if not go to Aquamarina pool ( no pool games just sit back and relax )
At the Aquamarina end of the complex you have 2 restaurants one basically portugese and the Grill, we ate every night in here and it was good, i'm fussy with food but i was fine, the restaurant at the Adriana end seemed to always be very busy with queus for tables at busy times, this restaurant was like the 2 other restaurants under 1 roof 2with a mixture of grill and portugese cuisine.
All the evening entertainment is at the Adriana and starts at 7.30pm with quizes, parrott shows, reptile shows and bingo in 4 languages, then at 8.30 was mini disco time, which my daughter loved and there are the animation team on hand to do the dances with them, this only last for half an hour but it was ace seeing all the kids from all nationalities joining in an having real fun, my daughter had friends she didn't see allday but they all met up at mini disco every night, the at 9.30pm there is showtime in the indoor theatre ( quick tip, it gets hot in there so sit near a window ) the shows are a mixture of song and dance with proffesional acts and the animation team doing a good job to get everyone entertained, the acts seem to be on 3 week rotation so youl not see smae act twice, the shows usually last about 40 minutes then its back outside for adult disco which was basically the animation team doing silly dances which most people joined in with including all the kids as well. All good fun and it finished between 11 and 11.30pm, all inclusive drinks stops at 11 so get a few in to last.
Overall we had a fantastic holiday with my wife saying she was more chilled out than anyother holiday even with a 3 year old, the hotel is very safe and spotless throughout and all the staff will do anything to help if they can.
The only negative is the fact you need your room card to get drinks even though you have your wristband on, although this is only at the Adriana end and usually only in the evening.
We as a family would not estate to return to this hotel if we go to Algarve again.

Room tip: S and T blocks are perfectly placed