Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort
Clube Maria Luisa(Olhos de Agua)
US$ 178
US$ 173
Hotels.com
Aqua-Mar Aparthotel(Olhos de Agua)(Great Value!)
US$ 590
US$ 157
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 299/night.

Hotel Riu Guarana(Olhos de Agua)
US$ 344
  • Breakfast included
US$ 285
PortoBay Falesia(Albufeira)
US$ 214
US$ 202
  • Pool
Velamar Boutique Hotel(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
US$ 149
US$ 119
US$ 326
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 418/night.

Falesia Garden by 3HB(Olhos de Agua)
TripAdvisor
Villas d'Agua(Olhos de Agua)
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
2,425 results
All reviewsgolf buggythe grillanimation teamblock abfree busthe main complexthomas cookbasic roomsmaller poolkids clubfrench guestsalternate daysbar staffroom cardportuguese restaurantper towelice cream
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We traveled here in June, 2011--myself and my 80-some year old parents. We were the sole Americans there, so I thought I would give my impressions of the resort. My parents have stayed here multiple times and absolutely love it. They took me along this time for a two week holiday. I took a direct flight from the States to Madrid, then on Ryanair to Faro, the closest airport to the Algarve region. My parents flew to London, then connected to Faro from there and had a much harder flight schedule than I did.
Well, on to the resort. As everyone seems to agree, the grounds are beautiful and very well maintained. There is a lovely main pool, but I was surprised to find that it was much too cold (for us) to swim in. There were mainly British and French visitors and a good many used the pool--mostly those with small children. I would say that the water was a good 75 degrees (F). The weather was perfect--temperate and dry. The resort offered a free shuttle to Albufeira every day--very convenient pick up and drop off.
We had half-board, which was more than adequate for our needs. This included breakfast and dinner, and wine with dinner. With the amount of food available, we did not miss the additional lunch, snacks, or open bar. I believe this saved us a fair amount of money, as well. There is a small store on property where you can buy some alcohol, snacks, and the like, if you want. Drinks are also available for purchase, for about 5 euros each. A few of the days, we were in Albufeira or traveling the Algarve and ate lunch out.
The main restaurant was, overall, pretty good. All the wine and beer you could drink. They also had plentiful fresh fruit (delicious!) and a wide variety of different items. It got repetitive over the two weeks, and my main complaint was the overwhelming smell of grease in the restaurant. I had packed lightly, but had to wash my dinner clothes in the room every night in order to get the grease smell out. Yuk! More ventilation (or less frying) would help there.
My room was well situated near the pool and reception area. It was good-sized with a nice patio, but very bare-bones. Even taking away my "American" standards, it was very basic. They were pretty stingy with the towels. My parents were smart enough to bring beach towels so we didn't have to face the deposit and payment issue with their towels. The bed was as hard as a stone and there were minimal furnishings--not bad, just a little dreary. Our best times were had when we rented a car and explored the Algarve. Good luck finding your way back to the resort, though, as there was apparently NO land planning involved and it was like a maze to find our way back.
Oh, finally, no wi-fi--only internet in the reception area.

Room Tip: Bare, pretty clean, fairly good sized. Get as close to the pool as possible.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed for 10 days and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
Plenty of sunbeds and you don't need to get up early to claim them. Pool not too busy although a bit cold. Good variety of food in the main restaurant - didn't try the others. Snack bar open when restaurant closed and have to say best snack bar we have ever experienced. You have to show room key at bar and restaurant for some reason? Evening entertain seemed ok if you wanted to join in. Very chilly in the evening and needed a jumper! Room cleaned daily, modern but a bit small for three people sharing although only used it to sleep in. Safe cost 2.5 Euros per day with a 20 Euro deposit. Accommodation is well spaced out but you are never far from anything, takes about 5 mins to walk from one end to the other. Beach steps steep but worth the effort.
All in all a clean, welcoming and enjoyable place to stay and we will definately be returning.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Kathryn S
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We had a fantastic trip last year but this year thought we'd go somewhere new in Portugal. Bad mistake! We stayed at the Adriana Beach Club and as soon as we got there, realised we'd made a big mistake. Although we got to the club at 10:30am, we were advised that our room would only be available at 2pm (Thanks First Choice). The room turned out to be a one room bunker! The rooms and facilities were clean but very VERY average. There were also some very odd rules. You could only get towels at 8am and hand towels back in at 5pm If you missed your slot, bad luck. The food was boring, average and each day was the same (except for very small changes). The wine (which was in a wooden box on a table) was so weak, it was like drinking cordial. We paid nearly £3k for 3 of us and if you are looking at this hotel for a holiday, go somewhere else. If you fancy anything extra, you will pay for it. I was appalled to have to pay for towels and then having to leave a hefty deposit on them. A big tip, hang on to your receipt, they won't give you your money back if you don't have it - we ended up having an argument with the desk manager over this. We were literally told "well you could have stolen those towels, we don't know".. good customer service NOT! I will NEVER go back to this hotel!!! NEVER!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SJGillett
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Having travelled with a friend and our 2 six year olds we were looking forward to a relaxing break and thats what we got. Facilities were brilliant, food and drinks were more than adequate, there was always something to eat for all of us and the staff couldnt be more helpful. The whole grounds were immaculate with a constant presence of staff cleaning, maintaining and being generally helpful. Rooms were mopped out everyday with beds made and fresh towels. There was a powercut one night/day however it was for the whole area not just the complex but it didnt spoil anything. The beach was gorgeous, even after the descent from all the steps, lifeguard and mamber of staff fromt eh hotel always present and didnt have to fight for sunloungers or parasols. Shop on site was reasonable and carried clothing and toys as well as the general suncream and sweets etc.
We would definitely return and have already recommended this to many freinds who also have children. A week wasnt long enough though!!

Room Tip: If travelling as a family ask for block T, rooms are adjoined by a door that deadbolts, each with private bathroom and balcony
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank KateEllie
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I am just back from a five day stay at this hotel. I thought it was very rundown and needed refurbishment. We stayed in a basic room. The room was very small for three people sharing and it was very very basic. We had to walk 10 minutes to the main hotel. We tried to upgrade to a standard or delux room but staff very unhelpful (older woman in particular). The staff overall bar, restaurant etc. were very unfriendly and when having our meal they would take the plate from you before you get a chance to finish. The entertainment team put in a good effort but entertainment was not good for a four star hotel. The only good thing about this hotel is that the food was good and my daughter enjoyed the pool area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family