Had a wonderful 2 weeks at Riu Guarana during October half term.
Atmosphere: 100% definitely this hotel has the best atmosphere of any AI family hotel I have stayed at. The staff are so lovely and you really get to know them. The Manager is always around and it feels like you are staying with a lovely big family. When I left I felt I was leaving a second home. It is a very relaxed place and everyone is always super welcoming and friendly and helpful. You never get the feeling that anything is too much trouble.
Entertainment: Definitely the best hotel entertainment I have ever experienced. I usually find this sort of thing pretty cringey but Matteo and his team are SO funny. Special mention to Brazilian Rafael. He is hilarious in everything he does and an amazing dancer. Loved watching him do the Aqua Gym classes (not that I participated in them)!
Kid's Club: The girls were really nice and this was the first hotel kid's club my son has ever wanted to go to so that's saying something. Unfortunately on many of the days there weren't really enough kids in there but that is probably because we weren't there in the high season.
Restaurant: Really lovely food. Good variety. Lots of salad and fresh fish. Very special mention to David. Lovely guy, really made a fuss of my son and kept him amused which was nice as my son can be a bit of a pain in a restaurant!
Housekeeping: My room was cleaned really well every day. Liked the rabbit (some debate over whether it was a lobster) made out of towels with eyes stuck on. Very cute.
Hotel: Lovely, decor all very modern, spotlessly clean. Pools really nice. Swim up bar not open in October probably. Only downside I would say of this hotel is that it doesn't have a splash pool with play equipment in. There is a kids shallow pool which my son played very happily in though. A splash pool with some slides, pirate ship type thing would really make this hotel perfect. Hotel has a disco which is entertaining and good for a late drink. Also means you can get a few more hours out of your AI drinks :) Also, the safes in the room are free. Aircon could have been a bit more forceful. I had a room on the 4th floor and had beautiful views of the town and the sea and the sunset. Rooms are very well soundproofed. Couldn't hear a thing from neighbouring rooms. Slept really well here.
Other Guests: Mostly families and some older people in groups with some younger people and younger couples. Very friendly bunch. Managed to meet quite a few people to have good laugh with made some new friends and have stayed in touch with them since returning.
Location: Very easy walk down into the village and the village beach. Takes about 7 minutes. All downhill. When I say hill it is basically a slope, not the steep hill I was expecting from some of the reviews. If you turn right out of the hotel you can walk to the other beach. There are wooden stairs down to the beach. Again, I didn't find it particularly difficult to walk back up them. Maybe depends on your level of fitness. Beautiful beach.
Bar: Last but definitely not least, the bar. Really good that beer and soft drinks are self service at various points around the hotel (also in the restaurants). Means you don't have to stand queuing for ages as I have experienced in some other hotels. Cocktails, Prosecco, all spirits everything on AI. Cannot fail to mention the bar staff, they are all so lovely. Nuno 'the peanut' is so funny, Julian constantly smiling he is so sweet. I feel bad to mention names because they were all great but I can't remember everyone's name. Also the really sweet young guy who goes around all day and night collecting the glasses. But the biggest mention has to go the wonderful, amazing, beautiful Valerio! VALERIO, VALERIO, VALERIO! Love this guy. Only wish i could have brought him home with me. What a sweetie!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The All Inclusive ClubHotel Riu Guarana is located in the southernmost province of Portugal, in the Algarve, near the Praia da Falesia beach. The beach is situated 15 minutes' walk from the hotel. The location is ideal due to its proximity to the next village Olhos d’Agua (500m) and Faro Airport (FAO) is approx. 35 km away. The hotel has 500 comfortably furnished rooms and offers many amenities. Relax with a massage at our Spa del Mar or get in shape at our gym. 2 outdoor pools, 1 children’s and indoor pool. For the youngest guests, there is the RiuLand Kids Club (for children from 4 to 7 years & 8 to 12 years old), RiuArt atelier and for adults, day and evening entertainment as well as discotheque. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main buffet as well as Asian and Grill cuisine, 3 bars situated in various areas of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Guarana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Guarana Albufeira
- Clubhotel Riu Guarana Hotel Albufeira
- ClubHotel Riu Guarana Olhos De Agua, Portugal - Albufeira